1A Cabins on Carnival (MERGED THREADS)

trvllover

I just booked my first 1A - porthole on the main deck - Carnival Celebration. I couldn't resist - the price for a 5 night is $254. That is the total price for 1 - not the pp price. :eek: That over 55 special sure came in handy. :)

Now I always said I couldn't sail without a balcony - then I went on my Fantasy cruise and had to take an OV because the suites were sooooo expensive. Now I will try the 1A and then I can say I am no longer spoiled ....well....(except for the fact I live close to the ports and can cruise often - that is pretty spoiled!:o )

Did you book directly through Carnival or someone else? Would love to find that price on one for myself.

Directly through Carnival.

I have been watching the Carnival site for last minute deals. I got a Cruise from FloridaSale email notice from my PVP at Carnival today. I sent him an email and he called me within the hour. I suggest you call Carnival direct. Today if you can - since this is a one day sale - although I believe the over age 55 rate is what I got - which was better than the sale rates. This is the only time I am happy about being over 55!!:rolleyes: BTW - there was one more 1A porthole cabin left at that price on my sailing when I talked to him earlier this evening.

$254 for 5 nights - you can't go anywhere and eat 3 meals a day for 5 days at that price! Not even Vegas!

Hey Viva - are you from Vegas? I am heading that way on Sept 2!!:D

Trying to decide on getting a separate room rather than staying with my sister and aunt in the same room for cruise in the Spring on the Miracle. I really don't want the sofa sleeping. It would have to be a 1A and I see all those rooms are on the bottom deck near the rear with one being right behind the elevators at the front. I remember walking that deck and it was noisy - mechanical like noise. Has anyone had any experience staying in the rear area of the Miracle and is that dance club I see noisy?

I was on the Miracle in April in a 1A room (1257) on the Rivera deck. On the deck plans it shows the room near the dance club. But you are near the elevator and a service entrance. But I never had any problem with noise except for one night when a person was a little too loud.

But the 1A rooms on the Miracle are really nice for a solo person. I had two bunk beds which my steward made into a queen. I had plenty of space for all of my items. I enjoyed that you had two t.v. channels that had views outside.

It was a great value and I would stay in a 1A room on the Miracle again in a heartbeat!!

I was on the Miracle in April in a 1A room (1257) on the Rivera deck. On the deck plans it shows the room near the dance club. But you are near the elevator and a service entrance. But I never had any problem with noise except for one night when a person was a little too loud.

But the 1A rooms on the Miracle are really nice for a solo person. I had two bunk beds which my steward made into a queen. I had plenty of space for all of my items. I enjoyed that you had two t.v. channels that had views outside.

It was a great value and I would stay in a 1A room on the Miracle again in a heartbeat!!

Yea...finally....thank you!

So no wonder when we wandered on that floor we saw no entrance to the dance club. It looks like the bottom floor the club is on that deck with no entrance from the deck.

As far as two bunk beds making into a Queen....do you mean two beds on the floor like an inside room has making into a Queen?

Any chairs, sofa or desk in the room? Refrig?

So if you had a choice to stay on a sofa with 2 others in a balcony cabin or to have this room what would you choose?

Lastly, do you ever see the price come down on the 1A for this ship?

Thanks so much!

Yea...finally....thank you!

So no wonder when we wandered on that floor we saw no entrance to the dance club. It looks like the bottom floor the club is on that deck with no entrance from the deck.

As far as two bunk beds making into a Queen....do you mean two beds on the floor like an inside room has making into a Queen?

Any chairs, sofa or desk in the room? Refrig?

So if you had a choice to stay on a sofa with 2 others in a balcony cabin or to have this room what would you choose?

Lastly, do you ever see the price come down on the 1A for this ship?

Thanks so much!

The two beds are twin beds. My steward asked me if I want the beda apart or together.

You have a small chair at the desk. and a regluar chair with a small adjustable table by your frig. The steward will also ask if you want the frig lock or unlock during the trip.

I enjoy traveling with others and by myself. But I want a bed anyday. I know people who shared a room where one person got the sofa bed. It was mixed feelings on having the sofa bed. One of my friends liked the bed and said it was comfy. But on an older Carnival ship, the view was the opposite. I feel that on the Miracle, that it sofe bed would be ok. But I like my space and a bed and I rather pay of that comfort.

As for the pricing on the Miracle, I came across some great deals for the fall ( I get weekly cruise rates from a site), also I like to surf around on the web and came across some great rates. If you ever sailed with Carnival or one of it's sister lines (Holland America,Costa,Princess,etc) mentioned this, because it can also result in great savings. Overall even with paying a solo rate, a cruise is the best value!!

The two beds are twin beds. My steward asked me if I want the beda apart or together.

You have a small chair at the desk. and a regluar chair with a small adjustable table by your frig. The steward will also ask if you want the frig lock or unlock during the trip.

I enjoy traveling with others and by myself. But I want a bed anyday. I know people who shared a room where one person got the sofa bed. It was mixed feelings on having the sofa bed. One of my friends liked the bed and said it was comfy. But on an older Carnival ship, the view was the opposite. I feel that on the Miracle, that it sofe bed would be ok. But I like my space and a bed and I rather pay of that comfort.

As for the pricing on the Miracle, I came across some great deals for the fall ( I get weekly cruise rates from a site), also I like to surf around on the web and came across some great rates. If you ever sailed with Carnival or one of it's sister lines (Holland America,Costa,Princess,etc) mentioned this, because it can also result in great savings. Overall even with paying a solo rate, a cruise is the best value!!

Last time on the Miracle we had 3 cabins and the beds were so comfortable due to the new bedding. My son got the sofa in one of the rooms and he wasn't happy so since I figured it out and it would cost me more to sleep on the sofa to be in a balcony room since the assumption is that their price will go down if I come in and divide it in thirds instead of me getting the 3rd person rate for sleeping on the sofa, I think I will get a nice comfy bed and my own space for the cheaper price.

I am so glad to know that I can get the beds into a queen size and it does have the refrig. I'm sure the bathroom must be the same size also as the other rooms.

I hope I can find a reduced price on this since I thought 1A's never changed in price. Thanks so much!

• 3 weeks later...
Did you book directly through Carnival or someone else? Would love to find that price on one for myself.

I posted sometime ago that I got a 1A with 2 porthole windows on the Celebration 5 nights in October for $254.00. Well the price came down today to $164.00 :eek: I got my gratuities pre-paid and a $40 credit. I can't believe it - $164 for a 5 night solo cruise! How could I pass this up!!:)

This will be my first really solo cruise. Usually I know someone else on board - but not this time. Truely solo. I am kinda nervous - only because I have never done this before - and my kids are kinda leary. They don't want me wandering around Nassau by myself. I am thinking about grabbing a cab to Atlantis and spending some time there - and then back to the ship. Now Key West - well that is Florida, so it's like being at home.

So for you solo's out there looking for a great deal - check out the Carnival prices for Sept/Oct. They are awesome. Oh yes - this is a 55+ rate. I thought I better mention that part. But hey - even the regular rates and the past guest rates are as low as I have seen them in a long time!

I hope this helps someone. Maybe a fellow Floridian or maybe even Cotton can join me!:D

I love to sail solo. Being 37 and single, I find I enjoy myself when I can do things at my own pace.

I am sailing the Imagination on 9/21-25 and paid 319.00 for a solo 6d cabin for a 4 night cruise. Today I noticed a steal of a deal on the same ship for 9/25-30 so I grabbed it. I got an outside guarantee for 254.00 total. So I paid 573.00 for a 9 nite solo cruise. I am very pleased. There are some great deals out there for solo sailings.

Sailing solo certainly is the way to go, for me at least. The better the deal,, the more cruises I will continue to take.

I The better the deal,, the more cruises I will continue to take.

I couldn't agree more - and you got a great deal - 9 nights - WOW. Now that the prices are great and I have the added benefit of living close to the ports - my new challange:

How do I get more vacation time??:eek:

I have to agree, for the past two weeks, there are some great deals on cruising, esp for solo.

I almost went on a seven day for around $274. But I couldn't find anyone to work for me the day before and after the cruise on such short notice.

On my job, we bid for days off and with that occurring within the next few weeks, I want to book a trip, but don't want to go about trying to fit it in with a new work schedule.

Have fun on your trip!!!

• 2 weeks later...

have been in many 1 a cabins...on carnival.. all have been plenty ample for one and as others have said ok for 2...some are bigger than others.. such as deck 2 on the victory was in room 2201.. nice size ..seemed bigger than other rooms.. 2 beds ... and a pull down from the top too i think... kind of a z shaped room....quite big.......other single rooms like the 2 on deck 6 are in a good spot but small .... still plenty of room for one...

have been in many 1 a cabins...on carnival.. all have been plenty ample for one and as others have said ok for 2...some are bigger than others.. such as deck 2 on the victory was in room 2201.. nice size ..seemed bigger than other rooms.. 2 beds ... and a pull down from the top too i think... kind of a z shaped room....quite big.......other single rooms like the 2 on deck 6 are in a good spot but small .... still plenty of room for one...

How about the bathroom - was it the same size as a regular cabin?

How was the noise from being upfront. I hear that the dropping of the anchor is loud. Did your room have a porthole window or not?

Any pics of your room?

Thanks much?

We had a 1A on the Carnival Victory for the Canada/New England itinerary a few weeks ago. Two port hole windows. Bathroom was probably normal size compared to the 4A. Didn't think the noise level was bad at all, of course, you know when you are arriving in port. Which ship and what room are you looking at?

I was looking at the Glory ship, cabin 2208 or 2207 which are still available. The aft ones which are bigger are taken already.

If you had a choice of sleeping on the sofa with 2 others in a balcony cabin yet instead of paying the 3rd person rate you pay 1/3 of the rate would you prefer the 1A?

Just a tip for anyone sailing on PRIDE out of Los Angeles... If you get room 1257, its not bunk/bed like it states on the carnival web site... Its like an inside room with two beds that can be made into one.

I sailed last april, and will be sailing her again in a few weeks, and guess what, I scored the same room! I'll have to ask the steward if others are the same room like mine, or are there other bunk beds rooms out there.

Its also good if you know you want to sail the same ship again to ask the steward on tips on other 1A rooms out there, they should know, they clean the rooms everyday.:D

• 4 weeks later...
I think they're great too. I wish more ships had single cabins. I think a few do...but not too many. I guess they make too much money charging the 200%...and we still book them, so why not.

I liked the portholes too.....just the fact that it's nice to look out and see the weather, if nothing else.

My single cabins had real beds. The pull out was up above...but wasn't required.

There are a few things that I don't enjoy about Carnival...but the 1A's are the best about it!

They are a great value.

?....You keep referring to the second bed as a 'Pull out' in a 1A. Does that mean that is pulls our ABOVE from the wall like a bunk bed and if you don't need it is is hidden? Or are they permanently pulled out like bunk beds and you have to crawl under the upper to get to the lower if you want to sleep?

A photo would be great.

:) Thanks!:)

?....You keep referring to the second bed as a 'Pull out' in a 1A. Does that mean that is pulls our ABOVE from the wall like a bunk bed and if you don't need it is is hidden? Or are they permanently pulled out like bunk beds and you have to crawl under the upper to get to the lower if you want to sleep?

A photo would be great.

:) Thanks!:)

I will try to upload a photo later - but for now - the bunk bed is folded up against the wall and is only down at night (if you need it). Hope this helps. It is not in the way at all and actually looks like a wall decoration until it is folded down. On some ships I believe it lifts up into the ceiling and you don't even know it is there until they pull it down.

I will try to upload a photo later - but for now - the bunk bed is folded up against the wall and is only down at night (if you need it). Hope this helps. It is not in the way at all and actually looks like a wall decoration until it is folded down. On some ships I believe it lifts up into the ceiling and you don't even know it is there until they pull it down.

Thanks for your answer to my question.

I do believe I know what you are talking about because I have seen photos online with a pull out bed coming down from the wall.

:) Happy Cruising!:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From one of your posts, it looks like you were considering staying in one of these cabins. Did you and if so how was it. The room looks larger than most. How was the sofabed. I am considering one of these two rooms and any info would be helpful. Any pictures of the rooms also would be nice.

jamon, no I haven't gone yet nor booked it yet, but from what I have seen I would get a 1A as long as it has a window in it. The only problem I have read about is you will hear the noise more in the front lower section from the anchor dropping and waves lapping and whatever else but those are a good deal for going solo.