In lieu of a trip report ...

DisneyJen

Jen

Your name came up several times last night over drinks with Ctbjr in Orlando. We had several drinks but unfortunately the never empty glass of champagne on SeaDream was not an option. And at the end of the evening - a check was presented!!! What a shock.

Notwithstanding Hurricane Wilma last year, we've experienced much rougher seas in the Caribbean than I experienced on the fall 05 crossing. Even if the great weather on the 05 crossing was an anomaly, I can't imagine the ship not being able to avoid disturbances since there is no "must see" port.

Anyway, it was great to meet CTBJR last night - its amazing how friendships develop on the Cruise Critic board.

Frequent Traveler

Hi FT:

Good to have you back even if you are sneaking in on hubby's computer. Have you decided on a SD trip yet? Still Transatlantic? I know its only been since April but I am getting severe withdrawal symptoms. You know, glazed eyes at work, always wearing shorts, bare feet and a Soggy Dollar t shirt at home, reading and re reading all the picture albums. Whats the cure? I bet a little champagne and caviar at the beach would do it. Hope you guys are having a good summer.

J & L.

Anyway, it was great to meet CTBJR last night - its amazing how friendships develop on the Cruise Critic board.

Frequent Traveler

May I just add that I very much enjoyed meeting FT and ZQVOL last night out at Disney. One of the great things about living in Central Florida is that sooner or later EVERYONE comes through here.

We had a nice chat, reminiscing about our various SD experiences, talking about the next ones and otherwise enjoying the hospitality of the Mouse. There are a lot of SD crew and passengers whose ears should have been burning last night.

Thanks to Zqvol and FT for the company and the drinks. And thanks to the CC board for bringing us all together!!

Now, we'll just hope that DJ and Mr. DJ will visit us some time when we're in town and accepting visitors!!

And I thought my ears were burning because of the loudness of the Kenny Chesney concert:p

We are working on a visit to Central Florida before the end of the year or the first two weeks of the new year Ctbjr.

And I thought my ears were burning because of the loudness of the Kenny Chesney concert:p

Kenny Chesney, eh? Was it in November when we were with you guys that we encountered him at Jost or was that in January when we were there again? At any rate, the ladies in the group were most impressed and I needed to be told who the heck he was.

Must have been the January cruise although in November I didn't know who he was either:p

His album, "Old Blue Chair," features songs about sailing and the British and U.S. Virgin Islands. Hearing "Somewhere in the Sun" takes me back to Jost as soon as I hear the first few chords.

Glad to hear that the House of Mouse treated you, FT and zqvol well.

Archived