I got pictures of the Family Veranda Cabins on Century!

Saucy

This is #9245, starboard aft corner.

47b6d627b3127cce8bf22313b9b500000016108CbNnDRw5aO

Taken from the terrace door. Note the sliding door that separates the bed from the bunks. This was ideal because we brought my stepdaughter along.

47b6d627b3127cce8bf22312388400000016108CbNnDRw5aO

47b6d627b3127cce8bf2235fb9f900000016108CbNnDRw5aO

47b6d627b3127cce8bf2231db9bb00000016108CbNnDRw5aO

Saucy.How interesting?Ive been sent pictures by another poster and the cabins are slightly different.The balconys look very small.What is your general opinion on the cabin and layout and balcony?How did it compare with the cc and 2a balconys re size?

We stayed in these cabins during Celebrity's inaugural year (8231). Based on the photos, these former aft Cat 3 cabins are largely unchanged layout-wise--including the sliding divider door--from the recent conversion except for the back of the cabin. There they removed the sofabed against the back wall with its bay window and replaced it with the sliding glass door leading out to the new balcony. With the removal of the sofabed, it looks like they are now designed to sleep 4 people instead of 5. These cabins were originally about 210 sq ft in size so they were always considerably smaller than the Millennium class FVs. Certainly the new balconies are much smaller as well. It looks like much of the new balcony footprint sits over the area formerly occupied by the deep bay window.

Meribeth, I can pretty much tell you that double bed is accessible from one side only. That is the way all 18 family cabins were before the drydocking and it is essentially unchanged.

• 1 year later...

I just got back from the Century in a FV (9247). My opinion is that this is a very nice and spacious room to spend the day in, but not so nice at night.

Yes, the double bed was surrounded on three sides by walls. My wife had to climb over me to get into bed.

There is no night table or ledge by the bed. I had to put my eyeglasses in the closet.

The wall blocked the TV, so it could not be viewed from the left side of the bed.

When the sofa as opened into a bed, we were not able to walk by the bed, so we were not able to use the balcony. Also, like any sofa bed, it was not comfortable to sleep on.

After the first night, we asked the steward to not open the bed, to just leave the sheet, blankets and pillows on the sofa, and my daughter slept across the sofa.

Also, for a ship that was recently refurbished, the room was not in the best condition. When the ship was rocking, the closet doors would be contantly shaking.

The first 3 items on byyko's list were also true for these cabins before they underwent their conversion.

Here are some photos that I came across of FV 8233:

I just got back from the Century in a FV (9247). My opinion is that this is a very nice and spacious room to spend the day in, but not so nice at night.

Thanks for the info. What would you estimate the size of the balcony? Also, what furniture was on your balcony.

Thanks

• 5 years later...
Does anyone have a review of the FV staterooms since the Century was refurbished in 2010?? The above reviews sounds pretty horrible...not worth the big bucks.

Hi,:) the most recent major drydock on Century was way back in

2006. Century was not refurbished in 2010. This thread started

8 years ago:eek:

Edited by Lois R

We were recently on Century and actually had the OP's cabin , 9245, back in Dec.08 on our first X cruise. Last cruise we had a concierge on deck 9 and while I was returning to our cabin from the Resort deck via one of the rear corner staircases noticed one of the FV cabin door was open and I took a quick peek from that open doorway. It still had the same layout.

DW hated having to crawl over me to get out of that bed since it was enclosed by the top and side walls and partition at the bottom. It is a good thing that I am an early riser so typically I was not blocking her way out when she got up in the morning.;)

To move the bed sideways I believe the closet currently at the side on the right in the above shots would have to be removed to allow for passing space at the bottom of the bed and this would leave only one small closet for a family cabin.:(

Here is a couple of shots of the balcony for 9245. It has been only six years since Gonzo70 asked for this. Better late than never I guess. I estimate the balcony was 10X14 or approximately 140 sq.ft. The deck 8 FV cabins are the ones with the smaller, 42 sq.ft. balconies.

attachment.php?attachmentid=299483&d=1390302643

attachment.php?attachmentid=299484&d=1390302643

DSC03024a.jpg.1dfdffa898783e933f7859ba082e4c50.jpg

DSC03002a.jpg.24e3765c91c6f998c464e582911bfa2e.jpg

Edited by robtulipe