Transferring cruise - Did I do the right thing?

Hi everyone, I am going on the Navagator of The Seas in March 2007. I had booked my cruise thru Royal Carribbean, and today I transferred it to a TA because she offered me a $150.00 shipboard credit and two bottles of wine. The price of the cruise is exactly the same. Did I do the right thing? Is that a good offer, or would it have been better if I waited until closer to the cruise. Four kids, so all the shipboard credit I can get helps. Thanks!

Only you will know for sure when this is all said and done. A good ta is worth every penny, regarless of the freebies you were offered......

I agree with isujim and the other posters. As long as it is a reliable ta and Agency you shouldn,t regret you decision. It is better to have a ta working for you in case of problems with a cruise line. For some reason they seem to have a little more clout that the average cruise patron and usually can rectify a problem or concern with little headache to you. Anyway $150.00 in your pocket and two bottles of wine sounds like a positive to me. Enjoy the cruise.

Chuck

Yep, as long as TA is reliable and reputable, you should be fine. I learned the hard way once from an online TA that when I tried to cancel a cruise OUTSIDE the penalty period, they had a 'cancellation fee'. GRRRRR....I put up such a fuss, they ended up waiving it, but just make sure you know all the small details.

Lisa :)

[quote name='Merion_Mom']And keep in mind, that wine [I]could[/I] be swill. :)[/quote][B][COLOR=orange]If it's swill... just save it for the second or third bottle of the evening:rolleyes: always drink the good stuff first[/COLOR][/B]

Just a reminder about the community guidelines regarding travel agent names and recommendations:

[COLOR=red]There shall be no third-party recommendation of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted.

Touting of your personal cruise agent is not allowed on our message boards. Postings that contain "tell them John sent you" will be removed without notice.

Cruise Critic will remove violations of the "third-party recommendation" guideline without warning. Additional posts will result in permanent suspension of your posting privileges.
[/COLOR]

Any requests for sharing a TA name will also be removed immediately, as will any posts that suggest a member be contacted for his/her TA name.

Karen
[EMAIL="HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com"]HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com[/EMAIL]

Host Karen,
I am sorry if I did something wrong. I just starting posting on cruise critic yesterday. I am not sure what I did wrong. Please let me know so that I don't do it again. I am truly sorry. I love cruise critic, and don't want to do anything wrong. Thank!

[quote name='Merion_Mom']And keep in mind, that wine [I]could[/I] be swill. :)[/quote]

Could be??????

It WILL be swill, La Terre is the house brand. Get the red - my boss of many years past once said that cheap red wine is far more drinkable than cheap white wine - and wait until you've had a martini (or two) or some whiskey before you drink it.

[quote name='OrangeinIndy']If it's swill... just save it for the second or third bottle of the evening:rolleyes: always drink the good stuff first[/quote]

That's what we used to do in the marching band (college, and it was 18 back then) - drink the Johnnie Walker Black in the first quarter, then switch to J&B. Ahhh, those happy bygone college days!

Archived