New Packing Recommendations needed

grannynurse

Great ideas! I also found the Sephora stores (and the website www.sephora.com) has many of the smaller sized items that I like - I agree we all have our favorites, but I did manage to find a few smaller sized cosmetic items that work well for me.

I am going to create a small make-up bag and keep an eye out (and now ask for samples) when I shop for my make-up and skin care products for exactly this purpose. A lot of times, you can get the promo or "gift with purchase" at make-up counters that contain the smaller, trial size items.

We always save the airline kits and have tons of small toothbrush/toothpaste combo kits - also don't forget that Target usually has a pretty good selection of smaller sized items like mouthwash, hairspray, mousse etc.

How long do you think these items will remain banned?

Anyone think that gradually they will begin allowing toothpaste in carryon bags?

Imagine how annoying this is for the flight crews. Remember when pilots/none of us were allowed to bring razors in carryons but by the time some got to their overnight hotels, the shops were closed. They had to be back to the airports early and were supposed to be clean shaven/well groomed. Didn't take that long before we were again allowed to bring razors in our carryon bags again. I'm sure fight attendants and pilots do not want to have to do what the rest of us do......depend upon the airline to not lose, misdirect or steal from our checked suitcases.....let alone stand there and wait and wait and wait until the luggage gets to the carousels.

I wonder if the flight crews are under the same stringent guidelines as we are with their carry-ons. They certainly looked to be taking the same size bags onboard. I think the TSA may make allowances where the crew is concerned.

Speaking for myself, I hope they don't change a thing until they have thoroughly investigated this threat and concluded what exactly should be banned from onboard the aircraft to avoid bomb making of any kind.

The hardship to me is annoying yet minimal. I'm more than happy to comply. The more difficult we make it for them the better. That being said, I'm amused that I'm allowed a corkscrew, razor and 4" sharp tipped sissors, but not toothpaste in a tiny tube.

I'm hoping that they do begin to allow small size toiletries. But the problem would still be if you put 10 terrorists on an aircraft, each with a small size bottle of liquid, you can still make the bomb.

I'll check my bags.:)

Let me lay this scenario on you guys....

When flying into Cancun, one would need to buy duty-free booze THEN, and not on the way home, right?

(It's been several years since I've been in that airport, but assume that I'll check my bags to go home and THEN pass through security...leaving no opportunity for "last minute" booze) :confused:

Yikes! I hadn't even thought about the duty free liquor! Do you folks generally check that through on the planes? Or do you take it onboard? That will definitely pose a problem for some if you generally carry it onboard.

You're both welcome ... I thought the list was very helpful too. But I did hear a "funny" on Fox News tonight:D . They were talking about what you could and could not take on the plane. The gentleman was marvelling that you can wear (or have in your carry-on) a bra with a gel substance in it yet you can't bring your hair gel.

It really makes no sense because you really could inject whatever you want into the bra, right? It might take a while for them to get this banned liquid thing right.

Archived