"LIVE" from the Explorer 8-11-06 Cape Liberty

Radio

Radio ~~~OMG these pictures are killing me!! Its not like I don't have these same pictures, because I do!! It's just you being there right now, and showing these amazingly clear wonderful-in-your-face pictures, that is making me want to be in one of your pictures, waving out to everyone in CC land with the biggest smile on my face!! Keep the words coming, but especially those pictures! They are priceless!!

Radio:

You're doing a wonderful job and thank you so much for keeping us informed as well as the fantastic pictures. I can't wait for my B2B cruise next month.

How is the Concierge Lounge? What do you think of the food/service in the dining room?

Thanks again and have a fantastic time in St. Thomas today. What do you plan on doing?

Have fun!

After all the terror alerts that I was called into Hopkins airport to assist with passengers & the new GOTTA CHECK rules. I enjoy the volunteering but not when folks get so irate at what they did not what I did.

These photos have me just sitting getting SO excited for Freedom in 62 days. Boy do I need that cruise! Please do not tell me that LISTING is a new inclusion for cruising. That was one big turn and a list may have happened with it. But 6 degrees was felt but not like 20 on Crown. The photos of the pool with the wave from it is incredible.

So this is cell phone hookup to your laptop & I am amazed how well it seems to be working since the WiFi from RCCL was dead almost half of 5/14 Jewel cruise (everyone blaming Russia). That poor Purser had his hands full with irate business owners.

So what cruises are next? You have my list.

Radio,

I am enjoying your updates daily. In fact, you have become one of my daily rituals. LOL I am having as much fun on your cruise as you are. Thanks so much for taking the time our of your day to do this for us. We really appreciate your great pictures.

Hi Radio...fantastic photos and written details...thanks for taking us all along with you this week...I'm in the office, working away....and your postings and photos are making my day much more exciting....of course I'm experiencing major cruise ship withdrawl though! LOL!

Enjoy! Keep the photos coming....I'm waiting to hear about your day in St. Thomas!

Hello everyone...We just arrived in St Thomas at 1PM....The ship just cleared at 1:30. I will post a few pics of our arrival, then I should be off Explorer by 2PM.

I plan on going to Morningstar Beach...then Paridise Point. Then I will hit the shops for a bit. I will come back to the ship for dinner, then spend some evening hours in St Thomas...that will be a first, I have been to St Thomas many times, but always have to be back by 5.

Thanks for all of the nice comments...

Here are a few pics....

Radio

About 50 miles out from St Thomas, USVI

pebkac.jpg

Land Ahoy.....

pebkac.jpg

Morningstar Beach

pebkac.jpg

Almost There...

pebkac.jpg

We made it ! ! Welcome to St Thomas, USVI

pebkac.jpg

I spent a week on St. Thomas once (::gasp:: a LAND vacation, what is that!?!?) and since they publish the cruise schedule in the local newsletter, we picked the busiest day of the week to go to Paradise Point. Stayed up there until dusk and watched all the cruise ships sail out. A beautiful thing to see, and something, as Radio noted, that is a very rare opportunity for a cruise ship passenger to do!

Theron

Great Pics Radio,

Did you notice if the Duty Free stores on St. Thomas are doing anything special with the liquor sales? Now with the no liquid restrictions on board airplanes, wondering if they are shipping purchases or using special packaging so they can be checked in.

Thanks

Just looked at the Paradise Point live webcam and can see the ship in St. Thomas. Sounds like you're all having a great time. I'd like to hear how the beach at Morningstar is.

Do you have the web address for the Paradise Point webcam?

Thanks,

Theron

radio great job, lay back and enjoy the cruise you are doing a great job.

love them pictures, we are going on explorer 2/3/08 out of bayonne 12 nights in a owner suite and them pictures are making wish it was sooner

Sorry, should have put it on before, just click on "Live Cam" on the website.

http://www.paradisepointtramway.com/

Thanks! I looked around for it, but no luck. Usually kroozecams has them all, but I didn't see it there.

From the angle it looks like the Carnival ship in front is bigger than Explorer! How strange is that!

Theron

Sorry, should have put it on before, just click on "Live Cam" on the website.

http://www.paradisepointtramway.com/

I tried this but all I got was as black screen. :confused: Maybe it's too late now?

Radio- how late was the tram open? Since we are in port so late can you take the tram up to see the sunset?

Thanks

Lori

Hi, thanx to everyone for their updates, its a lot of fun to follow along!

I'm just off explorer, and was wondering if the daily dodgeball games are a big hit on your sailing? Many of the people I was traveling with really got into it and towards the end of the week, 1/3 of the ship showed up to play/watch!

Archived