Just off the Enchantment...

KaiBlue

I would like to know if that is part of the new section also. We are staying in 2048 on the 9/25 sailing....

The new section is mid-ship, but it really doesn't matter. The new cabins are identical to the old ones.

Hi all,

First time posting. This will be my second cruise with RC but first was 9 years ago on the Nordic Empress! We are sailing on the Enchantment on 10/28 with 3 kids ages 17, 15 (both girls) and 10 (boy). Hoping there will be enough for them to do so DH and I can have some quiet time alone! I was hoping someone could answer a couple of questions I have about the ship. Do they rent phones (walkie-talkies) so we can communicate with the kids or should be plan on bringing our own? We are staying in adjoining cabins 2047 and 2049. I'm assuming these are in the older section but can anyone clarify that? Would love to see pictures of the ship if anyone has them to share! Any advice is greatly appreciated.

It's not the new section. On deck two, it would be roughly from 2104-2082.

Here are our cruise compasses, bar menus,spa menus and the like form the 4 day cruise.

http://schplinky.smugmug.com/gallery/1485941

Phillychick

Are You Doing A 5 Night Or 4?

We Are Sailing On 9-25

Looking For A Review When You Return

Mark

I know my signature is somewhat misleading.:confused: I'm actually sailing on a 5 night leaving on 8/28. I'm arriving in Ft. Lauderdale on 8/26 to spend some pre-cruise time. I'll be sure to post a review when I get back.

Barbara from Philly

Phillychick, We bought the playa mia beach break tickets via RCCL excursion, this included drinks, beach mats, use of the facility-they give you a color coded wrist band to wear-which indicates what you are entitled to. We had to pay for a taxi on our own-$14 for 1-4 persons, about a 10 minute drive one way. They offered a buffet for $12-14 but we ate from the menu-which was good. They do hold the mexican cusine excursion here. Rented jet ski's also, great price I thought $60 for 1/2 hour which is plenty, fast machines especially on the ocean-not like lake riding.

I wanted to also say we stayed in the new inside cabin deck 4 room 4877 below belerous-you can hear noise coming from there. Cabin was great for an inside, plus the shower was bigger than d1 aft on voyager.

Scoop

Thanks for the info. Do you recommend the excursion? Friends of ours are coming on the cruise but aren't interested in the cooking excursion & was thinking of doing the beach excursion.

Barbara from Philly

Great reviews but I have a few silly questions. First of all what the heck does "OP" mean? Second DW and I are going with a D-1 cabin instead of a JS, like how small are the bathrooms in D-1? Does any one know if all Snorkeling is closed in Cozumel or just the ones that I am looking at? And where are these pictures that you speak of? Thank you for the answers, DW and I are sailing 9/21 for our third wedding anniversary.

Here is the link to the pictures:

http://community.webshots.com/album/488197378vCcXPy

I can't claim them as my pictures. I found them on a link on one of the other threads.

Barbara from Philly

Thanks so much for the info. I was checking out pics from someone on this board (sorry I can't remember who) & the pool bar looks absolutely beautiful. It overlooks the water instead of the middle of the ship. Is it as cool as it looks?

I will miss Johnny Rockets, it is lots of fun but I hear now that they charge you to get in - Ouch!. & I'll really miss the Promenade & the French bakery. But I enjoy RCCL very much &, again, I know I'll have a great time.

Again, thanks,

Barbara from Philly

The pool bar on the Enchantment is super cool. It does jut out from the side of the ship, and there are "portholes" in the deck, and you look straight down to the ocean!

The pool bar on the Enchantment is super cool. It does jut out from the side of the ship, and there are "portholes" in the deck, and you look straight down to the ocean!

Thanks - I'm really looking forward to having a drink or two or three or four, etc... at that bar :D !

Barbara from Philly

Thanks - I'm really looking forward to having a drink or two or three or four, etc... at that bar :D !

Barbara from Philly

Barbara,

I will be joining you having 3,4,etc...!!!

Terry

Hey, mommy3 and/or BearySweet2Cruise. . . . Are the balconies on the Enchantment clear glass/plastic (so you can see through them), or are they metal? Can you sit in a chair on the balcony and see the ocean without standing up and looking over the rail? Thanks.

we could sit comfortable and clearly see the ocean.. the dividers are a hard plastic , I think sorta white colored divider.. not clear.. you could see shadows if neighbors were out but had to actually stand up and look around the divider if you wanted to see the persons next to you.. not advisable as you might see more than you wanted.. but the ocean view is very nice.

Phillychick,

I would recommend this excursion, it was like $28 per person. Take the taxi and not RCCL transfers that way you don't have to leave when they do. Taxi's are plenty waitng to take you back to the ship. The alcohol that is included is Dos xx's draft, rum puch, margarita's(spelling sorry) and some other's I can't recall. It does get busy here though, carnival had two ships in that day and two of the party boat cruises stop here for a while but it cleared out by 330pm ish. We got there around noon and left at about 5pm to go back to the ship. I did not talk to anyone who did the mexican cuisine excursion to see how that was. The outdoor/tented cover restaurant was excellent and not bad prices.

Scoop

I'm sailing the Enchantment on 8/28 & after being on the Navigator of the Seas, I'm just a little leary even though I know I'll have a great time.

Hi Barb,

My partner and I went on Enchantment last May after being on Navigator. You won't be disappointed. It's a great ship. Smaller than Navigator of course, the different design makes it fun to explore.

The food was better on Enchantment, better presentation and much hotter.

The pool deck on Enchantment is better, you'll always find a chair.

The activities staff on Enchantment is outstanding, Carlie (?) was the Cruise Director when we went in May.

The bars on Enchantment were always hopping. Great disco music in the Viking Crown lounge, latin in Bolero's, a rock band in the Spotlight lounge.

I am happy to hear that they might tinker with the itinerary on Enchantment, I'd love to go on it again.

p.s. We call her Channie now.

Mike

Hi Barb,

My partner and I went on Enchantment last May after being on Navigator. You won't be disappointed. It's a great ship. Smaller than Navigator of course, the different design makes it fun to explore.

The food was better on Enchantment, better presentation and much hotter.

The pool deck on Enchantment is better, you'll always find a chair.

The activities staff on Enchantment is outstanding, Carlie (?) was the Cruise Director when we went in May.

The bars on Enchantment were always hopping. Great disco music in the Viking Crown lounge, latin in Bolero's, a rock band in the Spotlight lounge.

I am happy to hear that they might tinker with the itinerary on Enchantment, I'd love to go on it again.

p.s. We call her Channie now.

Mike

Thanks for this info. I am sooo looking forward to this trip. I'm checking out every review & tidbit on the Enchantment & it sounds like a wonderful ship. I'm glad they haven't tinkered just yet. The main reason we booked the cruise was to get to Key West. I've heard it's a great place but too bad we're going to be there so early in the day.

Barbara from Philly

[quote name='phillychick']I thought I read somewhere or saw a picture of a Toga party on the Enchantment - is that true? If so, what night?

Thanks,

Barbara from Philly[/quote]

There is no toga party on enchantment....there was a thread about a huge party of about 30 going and wanted to know if they would look strange in toga party clothes..(that is how I remember the thread)

Archived