Going Rate

Guest cvbart
I wouldn't ask or answer that question with table mates in the dining room and don't much think that I would ask or answer it here either.

Then why did you fell the need to post in a thread that asked a queation you refuse to asnwer.

Another 'Keyboard Cowboy" I guess.

Nope, it just seems to be right up there with asking someone how much money they make. It is a bit rude and no one's business. Everyone pays different prices for a cruise just like for an airline seat. It is all a matter of timing. The info will most like make someone feel good or bad depending upon whether they paid more or less than the others. Unfortunatley, someone involved with the discussion will be the one who paid the most. It just seems a topic better left alone.

Then why did you fell the need to post in a thread that asked a queation you refuse to asnwer.

Another 'Keyboard Cowboy" I guess.

Yeah, with all the posts I've made to these boards over the years I guess that is me, just a "Keyboard Cowboy" here Mr. cvbart.:rolleyes:

Nope, it just seems to be right up there with asking someone how much money they make. It is a bit rude and no one's business. Everyone pays different prices for a cruise just like for an airline seat. It is all a matter of timing. The info will most like make someone feel good or bad depending upon whether they paid more or less than the others. Unfortunatley, someone involved with the discussion will be the one who paid the most. It just seems a topic better left alone.

I don't think he was asking how much money you make. Just how much you paid for your cabin. There are tons of web sites where you can ask how much you paid for a car or airline ticket.

Every nIght of the cruise she had to tell everyone how she waas traveling free and only her husband had to pay -- it was annoying.

SOOO that said I would'nt answer that queestion either.

do you want to brag how cheaply you bought the cruise, or make someone feel bad they paid more ?

I answered this question anfew boards ago and wished I hadn't

I don't want to take the glow from anyone just because I paid less.

john

Guest cvbart
Yeah, with all the posts I've made to these boards over the years I guess that is me, just a "Keyboard Cowboy" here Mr. cvbart.:rolleyes:

You got that right Mr. Ocean Boy.

A lot of post don't mean they are quality post.

Guest cvbart
I don't think he was asking how much money you make. Just how much you paid for your cabin. There are tons of web sites where you can ask how much you paid for a car or airline ticket.

A lot of websites just for Priceline alone.

Every nIght of the cruise she had to tell everyone how she waas traveling free and only her husband had to pay -- it was annoying.

SOOO that said I wouldn't answer that question either.

do you want to brag how cheaply you bought the cruise, or make someone feel bad they paid more ?

I answered this question anfew boards ago and wished I hadn't

I don't want to take the glow from anyone just because I paid less.

john

I agree with you. ;)

I cruised out of San Juan on the Adventure when she was new. It was right after 9/11. The cruises were losing people afraid to fly.

We paid many thousands and had an oceanview cabin on Deck 2.

Our table of 12 consisted of 3 couples from the states, and 3 resident couples from Puerto Rico.

One of the ladies from the states asked everyone what they paid for their cruises and where were their cabins located.. Well, I do not answer that type of question and let it pass me.

Seems she received an upgrade on boarding to a balcony for a small extra amount and wanted to brag about it. Every night to be exact. :mad: Her suite, her robes, her Deck 10. Every blooming night. Everyone just rolled their eyes.

It got to the people from Puerto Rico and they said, " We paid $260 + dollars apiece. They had a promenade stateroom. Another said we paid $360 for our suite on Deck 10." They were given great discounts by RCCL as residents because they kept the cruises sailing after 9/11 when no one wanted to fly. I did not begrudge them. The Captain made a wonderful speech to all about how they love the Puerto Rico people for keeping RCCL afloat from San Juan during a terrible time.

I can tell you that there were a lot of very unhappy people from the states on board that ship when prices were asked and the answers given were such low amounts. It spead around the ship in an hour from every person that was asked at dinner.

I can not stand when someone asks that at the dining table on a cruise.

I am polite about it, but refuse to answer.

It is like talking baseball, politics and religion.:(

A lot of post don't mean they are quality post.

You are correct, numbers mean nothing. So, feel free to judge them... after you've read them. I'm actually a bit surprised at your response considering the number of time we have actually agreed about topics on various threads.

Guest cvbart
You are correct, numbers mean nothing. So, feel free to judge them... after you've read them. I'm actually a bit surprised at your response considering the number of time we have actually agreed about topics on various threads.

Your right. Kinda weird:)

I guess I'm starting to act like some of the folks out here and post before I think:D

Your one of the good ones sir.

Sorry for the slam.

Guest cvbart
I can tell ya this...they're about giving that sailing away....like $200 pp total cost

But the airfair would kill it for me.

I am another one of those people who finds this question akin to "how much money do you make?", "how old are you?", and "how much did your husband pay for your engagement ring?". Any discussion of money is a bit distasteful to me.

On our last cruise, we were seated with two couples at lunch one day. One of the men, an older gentleman, asked how much we paid for our cruise. We ignored him. So he asked again - and we ignored him again. Finally, on about the 4th time, we told him. Turns out we paid about half of what he did. His face turned white and he looked sick. He brought it upon himself!

I can tell ya this...they're about giving that sailing away....like $200 pp total cost

Thanks to people like me.............TEACHERS.

Every school that I know is back in session by the day after Labor Day, i.e. 9/5/06. With most people concentrating on that, the pool of available cruisers is greatly diminished.

Without giveaway prices, they'd be sailing half empty.

So, YOU ARE WELCOME, rude Birthday Boy. :)

If you book a cruise far in advance, you may know what everyone paid....initially. If you check prices often (and I recommend a quick check once a day) you will have an idea if prices are rising or falling. Hopefully, you and/or your TA are savvy enough to know RCL will reduce your price if a lower price is available.

When I make a reservation, I make it believing the price will never go down. My last cruise actually ended up $1000 above what I paid!:eek:

At least RCL discounts, imagine that you are going on the a special cruise out of Australia, and you paid $2000 for each of your airline tickets when you notice that the gentelman sitting next to you has his flight confirmation out....$832 r/t. Now that hurts!;)

Archived