docking and other info. Rio to Buenos Aires

sandbag7

For their December 07' cruise between these two cities O has added a day in each, so it becomes more important to know where the ships dock. Can anyone provide info on this? Also, can you make independent arrangements in Santos for a tour of Sao Paulo and what does it cost? Is Santos worth exploring? Finally, what do you do in Itajai for two days if you're going to do Iguazu falls before or after the cruise? Can you get a taxi driver to give you a reasonable tour or two? Thanks for all the help.

For their December 07' cruise between these two cities O has added a day in each, so it becomes more important to know where the ships dock. Can anyone provide info on this? Also, can you make independent arrangements in Santos for a tour of Sao Paulo and what does it cost? Is Santos worth exploring? Finally, what do you do in Itajai for two days if you're going to do Iguazu falls before or after the cruise? Can you get a taxi driver to give you a reasonable tour or two? Thanks for all the help.

If you look under Files you will see a review by Jon of our 05 cruise to Rio and B/A.. he wrote a good review of the trip and some of the guides he used..

We took the pre package to Iguaza Falls. from B/A so mostly sat on the ship for the 2 days... not much doing in the port were people went to the Falls from.

In Rio, we hired Pedro from http://www.privatetours.com.br and had a wonderful time. We especially liked the visit to the Rocinha favela if you are interested in such things. The ship was doked along Av. Rodrigues Alves near Centro. It is an easy walk to get into the Centro business district, but a taxi to the beaches or Corcovado or Sugerloaf cable car.

In Santos, we hired a taxi @ the dock. It was not prearranged and was abit of a challenge to find a driver who spoke enough english, but we did and he drive us into gigantic Sao Paulo (as big as metro New York or Mexico City). Drive around a while, but it's mostly a business city. Santos didn't seem like much.

I don't recall where we docked in BA, but we took a taxi to our hotel. BA is pretty easy to get around. We were there 3 days post cruise and had a guide for one, but had no problems on our own. It was just a matter of taking a cab or the subway. Very nice city.

Not yet; we are trying to decide when to visit Iguazu falls. In Rio we want to visit Persepolis and a National Park on one trip, a tour of a favela (a non-exploituve tour, my previous message was in error), and maybe a day trip to Buzios. Not sure about Buenos Aires yet, and haven't looked into tours for Montevideo. What about you?

I would love to read the review of the Rio to B.A. cruise because we just put our deposit down today, but I don't seem to be able to find the FILES section that you referred to for Jon's review.

Can you help me?

I would love to read the review of the Rio to B.A. cruise because we just put our deposit down today, but I don't seem to be able to find the FILES section that you referred to for Jon's review.

Can you help me?

YOU HAVE TO SIGN UP ON YAHOO GROUP...THEN GO TO OCEANACRUISER: OCEANIA CRUISE MESSAGE BOARD.

If you have a problem e mail and I will send the address as an attachment

whyme71842@aol.com

YOU HAVE TO SIGN UP ON YAHOO GROUP...THEN GO TO OCEANACRUISER: OCEANIA CRUISE MESSAGE BOARD.

If you have a problem e mail and I will send the address as an attachment

whyme71842@aol.com

Yahoo!My Yahoo!Mail Make Y! your home pageYahoo! SearchSearch:Welcome, whyme71842

[sign Out, My Account]Groups Home -HelpYahoo! Groups Newswhyme71842 · Whyme71842@aol.com | Group Member - Edit Membership Start a Group | My Groups

OceanaCruiser · Oceania Cruises Message Board

Home

Files

Photos

Links

Database

Polls

Calendar

Promote

Info

Settings

Group Information

Members: 3544

Category: Cruises

Founded: Aug 25, 2000

Language: English

Group Settings

Membership does not require approval

Messages from new members require approval

All members can post messages

Email attachments are not permitted

Members cannot hide email address

Listed in directory

Yahoo! Groups Tips

Did you know...

Try out something new. Introducing the new Yahoo! Groups email.

Yahoo! 360°

Share your life through photos, blogs, more.

Home

Activity within 7 days:41 New Messages

Description

Welcome to the Most Active Message Board on the Internet for

OCEANIA CRUISES

Click here to join.

This message board was established in order to provide an independent source of general information and open communication about all things related to cruising on Oceania Cruises ships.

Travel agents, service providers, and tour guides may post a brief item describing their services on the 1st and 15th of each month. This may consist of two or three lines with an email or website address that members may contact for further information.

The moderators do not necessarily endorse any cruise service providers or agents whose names or companies may be mentioned on this board.

Tour guides and travel professionals may not post the names or e-mail addresses of their clients for any reason.

SPAM (unsolicited, bulk or targeted commercial e-mail) may NOT be sent to members. "Flaming," "Trolling", and defamatory posts will be deleted.

There are three choices you can make in order to view the messages on the board, you will find these options above the messages on the left side of your screen.

1. Simplify: This shows only the message topic, no text, on the message screen.

2. Expand: This shows the messsage topic and the first few lines of each message.

3. Group by Topic: By choosing this option you will see the "simplified" topic along with the number of posts within that subject. Once you've clicked on the message of interest you will see the first message in the thread, below that are all of the other responses to the initial posting.

Most Recent Messages (View All)

(Group by Topic) Search: Advanced Start Topic

Re: re visa

... Kusadasi after a day at sea. We only needed the single entry visa which we purchased at the airport for $20-no wait in line-very easy. Jean ... Guess our

Posted - Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:36 pm nfoelske

Send Email

Invite to Yahoo! 360°

Re: Post Cruise Vouchers

Hi;....anyone out there on the Regatta, Dover~Rome, 9/12/06?? Val ... From: jancruz1 To: OceanaCruiser@yahoogroups.com Sent: Monday, August 28, 2006 7:44 AM

Posted - Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:53 pm val barrett

barrettval

Send Email

Invite to Yahoo! 360°

Joanie is absolutely correct..have your travel agent call..Oceania is very good about honoring coupons!! Jan http://www.*****.com ... NOTHING to lose if she

Posted - Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:45 pm jancruz1

Send Email

Invite to Yahoo! 360°

If you have the voucher, give it to your TA - you have absolutely NOTHING to lose if she submits it and perhaps they will honor it. nothing ventured... and

Posted - Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:01 am joanie pechenik

joaniepechen...

Send Email

Invite to Yahoo! 360°

Re: re visa

We were on Oceania Istanbul - Venice in April with a stop in Kusadasi after a day at sea. We only needed the single entry visa which we purchased at the

Posted - Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:47 am J Evans

roch622004

Send Email

Invite to Yahoo! 360°

Message History

Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec

2006 175 131 151 198 204 144 186 186

2005 471 555 699 712 387 439 441 303 445 172 180 161

2004 323 391 544 716 597 699 585 648 381 520 180 249

2003 395 390 292 274 319 608 620 480 580 356 293 385

2002 107 72 83 96 72 91 85 127 89 273 237 92

2001 812 709 1334 1249 891 779 823 911 791 429 200 150

2000 211 680 678 615 668

Group Email Addresses

Post message: OceanaCruiser@yahoogroups.com

Subscribe: OceanaCruiser-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Unsubscribe: OceanaCruiser-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

List owner: OceanaCruiser-owner@yahoogroups.com

YAHOO! SPONSOR RESULTS

Vacation and Travel Deals - Find great deals for vacation, cruises, airfares and car rentals. You will also find other services that may be not offerd by other websites.

myvacationtrip.globaltravel.com

Expedia: Guaranteed Low Cruise Prices - Best Rate Guarantee on cruise travel vacations at Expedia. Shop for your cruise today.

http://www.expedia.com

Plan Your Cruise with BookingBuddy.com - Compare vacation cruise rates from all major travel providers.

http://www.bookingbuddy.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2006 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.

Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Copyright Policy - Guidelines - Help

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I'm booked on the Dec. 9,2007 Samba Rhythms cruise. We are thinking about going to Iguazu Falls while onboard the cruise. Has anyone ever done this trip while onboard? I'm wondering what the hotel accommodations are like and also what kind of charter plane is used. Would appreciate qany info.

Rhea

Archived