Room Assigned - Guarantee on Docs

vesw01

• 2 weeks later...

This is the first time I used a 'guarantee' and my room is assigned with luggage tags as well. Given the advise here I will not confirm before I give up my bags.

Any other helpful advise from those chosing guarantee rooms in the past?

Although I am very happy with my room I'm wondering if it is possible to check with Carnival the day or so before we sail to see if there are any available free upgrades? Do they automatically do it if there's empty rooms or will being the squeaky wheel possibly get me an even better room??? Just wondering.......

Although I am very happy with my room I'm wondering if it is possible to check with Carnival the day or so before we sail to see if there are any available free upgrades? Do they automatically do it if there's empty rooms or will being the squeaky wheel possibly get me an even better room??? Just wondering.......

Carnival ships mostly sail at full. A few weeks before the cruise rates are opened to residence at a very cheap rate.

The only way to upgrade is to call your agent and pay for the upgrade at the going rate. Please watch prices daily. If the price comes down either you get an upgrade or onboard credit.

I cruise "spur-of-the-moment" and purchase passage the last minute (usually 3-5 days before sailing) and, as a result, always have to pickup my docs at the pier.

I cruised the PRIDE once where my room assignment was so LAST MINUTE, that I literally had to go through the whole process up to the security photo and cabin key before boarding, as SOMEONE ELSE (with their name lined-through on the docs and mine handwritten in beside it). :confused:

From early check-in to that security photo all kinds of "what ifs" were bouncing around in my head, like what if they screwed up and never changed anything on the puters . . . could I drink the ship dry, buy lavish gifts for my ex and our son, go on every excursion possible and have it all CHARGED TO SOMEONE ELSE'S CARD ? :eek:

Oh what a dreamy 2 hours that was . . . . . :D

Great upgrade too, from an inside guarantee 1A to an outside cabin obstructed view with French doors 5A ! ! :)

I cruise "spur-of-the-moment" and purchase passage the last minute (usually 3-5 days before sailing) and, as a result, always have to pickup my docs at the pier.

I cruised the PRIDE once where my room assignment was so LAST MINUTE, that I literally had to go through the whole process up to the security photo and cabin key before boarding, as SOMEONE ELSE (with their name lined-through on the docs and mine handwritten in beside it). :confused:

From early check-in to that security photo all kinds of "what ifs" were bouncing around in my head, like what if they screwed up and never changed anything on the puters . . . could I drink the ship dry, buy lavish gifts for my ex and our son, go on every excursion possible and have it all CHARGED TO SOMEONE ELSE'S CARD ? :eek:

Oh what a dreamy 2 hours that was . . . . . :D

Great upgrade too, from an inside guarantee 1A to an outside cabin obstructed view with French doors 5A ! !

Me as well. Just did it again. :) Booked Thursday morning for Monday departure. The cheaper rate only lasted that morning as it went above the standard rate by afternoon. A 1A to 5A has been my best so far as well, but only once. My closest booking was just under 24 hours. Too late to get fun pass done, but plenty of time to get doc's at pier. Seems like the deals are getting harder to find. Hurricane scares seem to be the best bet for getting a bargin fare.

BTW-Thanks for backing me up on some of those 'urban legend' (as I like to call them) threads about the advance 72 hrs. deal. Dealing with one now on RCL thread.:rolleyes:

I wouldn't even ask. How often have you asked the gate agent to upgrade you from coach to first class. NMNita

I wouldn't even ask. How often have you asked the gate agent to upgrade you from coach to first class. NMNita

We ask every time we fly. Most airlines will upgrade you--for a fee of course-- to first class within 24 hours of your flight. We have been able to do this the last three time we flew... (not on a cruise because i am not paying 10 bucks a minute to upgrade)

but as soon as that clock says its 23 hours 55 minutes..im on the phone calling. By the time they check flights etc--its 24 hours.

the most it has costs was 50 bucks pp. Now this is per plane so if you have a lay over-- i wouldnt even do it.

Me as well. Just did it again. :) Booked Thursday morning for Monday departure. The cheaper rate only lasted that morning as it went above the standard rate by afternoon. A 1A to 5A has been my best so far as well, but only once. My closest booking was just under 24 hours. Too late to get fun pass done, but plenty of time to get doc's at pier. Seems like the deals are getting harder to find. Hurricane scares seem to be the best bet for getting a bargin fare.

BTW-Thanks for backing me up on some of those 'urban legend' (as I like to call them) threads about the advance 72 hrs. deal. Dealing with one now on RCL thread.:rolleyes:

A thursday booking for a monday cruise seems about right. Its before the 3 day-- Please tell me its not so that you can book a cruise the day before it leaves.. I really want to believe that security for that kind of stuff is strictle enforced.

A thursday booking for a monday cruise seems about right. Its before the 3 day-- Please tell me its not so that you can book a cruise the day before it leaves.. I really want to believe that security for that kind of stuff is strictle enforced.

If you're a past cruiser it shouldn't be any problem, since they ALREADY have a file on you. What other additional information could they glean from you compared with what they already have ?

Incidentally, I've "almost" booked a Sunday cruise out of Long Beach on the PRIDE, bearly 6 hours before it sailed (live 45 minutes from the port). Had approval to do it, but my ex couldn't get the time away from her business to go with me, and the SOLO price for that cruise was off-the-charts, so I passed on it.

This is kinda the idea behind "frequent fliers" (people who take many flights a year on business or pleasure) getting a special pass or ID (similar to the pilots and crew), that would allow them to go through minimum security when boarding their flights.

Sure you can. You can book the day of sailing if they will sell it to you. And most will. There are no security regulations nor security checks prior to departure. The 72 hour rule you read so much about on here (C-C) is "urban myth".

Don't worry Serene, they usually turn one in within hours AFTER departure. The 1st copy will usually go to the first port (if required). CCL was fined recently for not doing this.

Snooze- I know a lot of stuff we read is urban myth.. but that 72 hour thing is wierd. I know carnival was fined-but do you remember when they had to back out of a port for 24 hours because of the manifest thing? had to leave people at the dock til later.. imagine those kids left onboard in the camp??

Archived