Picture Of MUTS Sound Receiver

krystall

crazy.. I have a pile of those exact same things only green :) came free packaged with fructis shampoo on clearance at target a couple months back. exact same thing..

oh. let me carry that thought one step further then..

the gizmo is an FM (auto-scan) radio. perhaps any fm radio w/headphones will do the job.

anno

Please tell me this is a joke. I have seen the junk radio in the picture at the 99-cent store and as a give away from different companies. The quality is non-existent, are people really supposed to use this piece of crap to listen to a movie?

krystall,

Just wondering how you tuned into the various things - MUTS vs news vs radio? Is this thing an FM radio or what?

I'm wondering if my MP3 player with an FM tuner will be able to pick up the MUTS sound!

Thanks

Apparently the audiofile elite like jlp20 will need to pack their own quality fm receiver. But the inexpensive one available onboard will work just fine for most people and anyone with ears older than 30. And the thrifty can run out to the dollar store and pick up a few.

Apparently the audiofile elite like jlp20 will need to pack their own quality fm receiver. But the inexpensive one available onboard will work just fine for most people and anyone with ears older than 30. And the thrifty can run out to the dollar store and pick up a few.

Sorry, about double post.

:D

:rolleyes:

:D

:rolleyes:

So much for watching the movies from the hot tub. Or the pool for that matter. I thought half of the effect of the whole thing is the sound, you know just like being at the movies! At first Princess played music video's inbetween the movies then they started selling their stuff. Now I have to buy stuff to listen to their sales pitch. And now I am inconvineced so that a few people who don't even like the Muts thing can be happy!! Even if they gave the cheapo headset away you still have to wear the thing. So much for talking to the wifey poo during the movie . Hey wait this might be a good thing.;) Just my two cents worth.

If you want to call me an audiophile, go ahead. But everything about this piece of crap is cheap. Since you should be out at sea, the MUTS should be the only thing it could pick up. The ear buds are a joke, making those old earpieces from 30 years ago sound great. The batteries, from china, might get you through a movie if it doesn’t go over two hours.

If your going on a MUTS cruise, pack that old WalkMan and comfortable headphones/earbuds. Anything you find laying around the house will sound better.

Ohmygosh, this thing looks like the little "freebie" that Target was giving away some years ago when you applied for their credit card. Basically, a cheap piece of "electronics" that can probably be purchased in bulk by the cruiselines for pennies.

Purchase on Crown Princess

for $2.50 each.

It's yours to keep.

Also picks up radio and news stations.

MUTSReceiver.jpg

So much for watching the movies from the hot tub. Or the pool for that matter. I thought half of the effect of the whole thing is the sound, you know just like being at the movies! At first Princess played music video's inbetween the movies then they started selling their stuff. Now I have to buy stuff to listen to their sales pitch. And now I am inconvineced so that a few people who don't even like the Muts thing can be happy!! Even if they gave the cheapo headset away you still have to wear the thing. So much for talking to the wifey poo during the movie . Hey wait this might be a good thing.;) Just my two cents worth.

I have to disagree with you. I like the peacefulness of a cruise ship and wasn't a fan of the extremely loud audio. The music was so loud I could hear it in Horizon Court. I like muts but at least now people have a choice. If you want to listen you can. I guess you do have an argument for them charging you for the headset.

Greg that's what makes it a great world everyone has their own view of things. It just seems like they don't miss a beat when it comes to selling you something. If you count 3000 times 2.50 times 52 you get a huge amount of cash. It's 7500 a week and 39,000 a year. I know it's a little loud at the front of the Horizon Court but in the back you don't hear a thing. Muts is like the rock climbing on other ships it's a draw and now it's a cash cow. I will climb down from my soapbox now.

On the Sea Princess in July we only had to ask our Cabin Steward for one. We weren't charged for it, but we also couldn't keep it unless we wanted to be charged.

Second, this is only for the daytime movies, right? When others are at the pool and may not want to listen to the sound? I thought they weren't used at the night time movies.

Gooch - These headphones are indeed only for the daytime movies. I didn't have a need to use one since I only watched movies in the evening (just off the 8/16 Crown sailing), but I can say that while eating food at the tables near the pool, things were loud enough with kids screaming and yelling and people having fun in the pool. I can't imagine how loud things would have been if the sound for MUTS was on.

I know there will be people that don't like this concept or think they are being nickel and dimed, but it seems like a great compromise during the daytime. :o

Storage for pic. has timed out because of so many hits.

I'll check back later to see if it reappears, it not I will move it so it will show.

--------------------------------------------

Whoopsss

Now I see it is back.

On the Sea Princess in July we only had to ask our Cabin Steward for one. We weren't charged for it, but we also couldn't keep it unless we wanted to be charged.

Yuck, they don't reuse the earbud headphones, do they? I wouldn't want to stick something in my ear that had been in the ear of a stranger.

Archived