Massages???

jbags58

Anyone know how much the massages run on the ship? I'll be on the Pride (7day)and then then the Triumph(7day).

My girlfriend said about 85 bucks but she has only been on the weekend cruises.

I have had a massage on the ship before and I swear it was $130-$150 dollars!

HELP!! THANKS!

Sometimes they don't advertise it, but they have a well being massage that is around $100-120 without tip. Ask for it if it's not there. Try taking some time out of a port day. usually the Carnival Capers the night before will post discounts for port days. I love massages. One of the things I cruise for. Nothing like it.

Anyone know how much the massages run on the ship? I'll be on the Pride (7day)and then then the Triumph(7day).

My girlfriend said about 85 bucks but she has only been on the weekend cruises.

I have had a massage on the ship before and I swear it was $130-$150 dollars!

HELP!! THANKS!

Wait for the specials. They always run them. On the Legend there is a $99 special you pick from 2 of the offered services.

At least that was there last year according to the Capers I have found online...

vincenzo:)

Wow, you guys are scaring me.... I have always paid about $60 for a massage on land..

I wanted to start a tradition with my new wife that we always get a massage on the very first day of any vacation... but with it being over $200 fior the two of us... might have to pass.

Maybe I will get us one the day before we get on the ship....

Our couples massage was about $200 plus tip when we went. There's nothing cheap about the spa services on the ship. As previous poster pointed out, getting a massage in port will be cheaper -- or fly in a day early and get one at a spa the day before the cruise!

We enjoyed our massage, but it wasn't cheap, and I didn't really like the hard sell of products--- of course, I didn't listen to much of it as I wasn't going to buy anything.

The spa services are a nice treat on the ship, but don't compare it to shore or home area spas price-wise. If the price will bother you, then the massage won't be worth it.

Enjoy!! Have a great cruise!

bill

I always buy one for DW on board - usually the first night if you get it done that night, they have a special - go tour the spa when you board, but I only pay $25 at the massage school for an hour, cuz I am a cheap when it comes to myself. Depending upon your ports, many of the beaches have massage tables and locals doing them, they may not be licensed, but dang it feels good;) you can always negotiate a great price!

Wow, you guys are scaring me.... I have always paid about $60 for a massage on land..

I wanted to start a tradition with my new wife that we always get a massage on the very first day of any vacation... but with it being over $200 fior the two of us... might have to pass.

everything costs more on a cruise. wait until you see the drink prices :eek:

ahhhhh VIN...at that rate you'll be WORTHLESS by NOON! :D

Please make my APPT. in the early morning!! I wanna get my money's worth! AND have a happy ending!

IceDave...Happy ending? Depends on what your lookin' for!! To me a happy ending is - FEELING GOOD! :p Can you put a price on that? It's ALL about PRIORITIES BABE!!

Riversand....I say START THE TRADITION!! Sounds like a GREAT TREAT! Isnt that what Cruising and Vacation is ALL ABOUT? JUST PLAN FOR IT!!

My hubby spoiled me on our honeymoon cruise and surprised me with a Suite! Now I like THAT tradition! Now, we cant live without it! lol... well we could...but WHY if we don't have too!!

We just PLAN AHEAD!!

I knew the massages were $$$ but I heard they were a bit lower on port days...I think I might keep my eyes posted for deals in the capers!

Thanks ALL! HAPPY CRUISING!!:)

• 10 years later...

The massages are not cheap but price not unexpected on a cruise ship. The hard sell of products was annoying and made the whole experience not worth the it in the end. After several polite "no thank you's" during the presentation of the many products in the last 15 minutes of the massage, we finally had enough and just ended the appointment a few minutes early.

We now get our vacation massages on the beach a couple times during the week, no hard sell and great massage while looking at the ocean!

I think we paid $30 pp (for 30 mins) on Turks last December for beach massage, just take a walk down the beach and they are usually setup. If not you can ask at any of the local bars or restaurants if they know where the local massage tents are set up on the beach, the locals usually have pretty good info.

You are not on land. Same as resort, can't expectcorner massage chain pricing.

to be honest as someone who gets 1 1/2 hour massages twice a week for $80. The cruise ship massages are 55 minute rub downs with a 10 minute sales pitch. Save your money for shore excursions or massages on shore, 1/2 the price. My wife and I got an hour massage on the beach at Coco Maya for $25 each and a $10 tip.

Wait for port days for the better price.

They always offer specials that may fit into your schedule. I had the 100 minute massage for the price of the 70 minute. This offer was given out on the first day during a spa tour and had to be booked before the ship left port. The sales pitch was it had to be that night, but when they fill those slots, it carries over to the next day. So after I added the hot rock deep tissue and tip, the cost was 260.00.

Well worth it and I felt very relaxed the entire trip. I try and get a massage on each cruise as a way to treat myself to a little something extra. DW was sent to have her nails done just before formal night. As it was posted a few post back, just log into your Carnival Account, and see what the ship is offering before you get on board.