Chops Menu

Dolphin Cruiser,

I see in your signature that you are going on AOS. Just to pre-warn you that AOS does not have a Chops on board. It only has Portofino's. If you were anticipating dining at Chops on your next cruise, don't be too dissappointed because Portofino's is great!!!

As TJ stated, these are old menus. I was on the Freedom last week and copied the new ones, but I didn't get the desserts. I am writing my review and can't find the names of the new cheesecake type dessert or the apple bread pudding type one at Chops. I have pictures of them, but am desparately searching for the name. Anyone know?

Anyone have the Chops Menu????

Dolphin,

Here are some tips about Chops....first of all make sure you allow for a good amount of time, as this is truly a symphony of service you will not find in the formal dining rooms. Call me a snob, but the Chops/Portofino menus/service is about as close to Celebrity dining as it gets. It's amazing.

Remember, no children are allowed so make arrangements if necessary. Our kids went to their kids clubs every night so it was sort of moot, but just an FYI.

Both restaurants will send you a reminder to your stateroom confirming your reservation.

As SOON as you board make reservations for Chops/Portofino. I mean before you even sit down for that first Windjammer fest, pick up a house phone and do it! It fills up fast. If you don't already know what night is the lobster night, ask. We made sure we didn't miss the lobster in the main dining room :) If it is a special occasion, tell them. They had rose petals on our table for our anniversary. Beautiful.

Most of all? Be prepared to be pampered down to the last smallest detail. Things like the custom caesar (sp?) salad creation tableside, the food presentation in tandem, the crumb sweeping, etc. These folks are the cream of the crop when it comes to waitstaff...please fill out the comment cards they send to your room because they are graded/rewarded accordingly from what I understand. The $20 per person was worth every cent. The food was bar none the best food on the ship.

Enjoy!

Dolphin,

Here are some tips about Chops....first of all make sure you allow for a good amount of time, as this is truly a symphony of service you will not find in the formal dining rooms. Call me a snob, but the Chops/Portofino menus/service is about as close to Celebrity dining as it gets. It's amazing.

Remember, no children are allowed so make arrangements if necessary. Our kids went to their kids clubs every night so it was sort of moot, but just an FYI.

Both restaurants will send you a reminder to your stateroom confirming your reservation.

As SOON as you board make reservations for Chops/Portofino. I mean before you even sit down for that first Windjammer fest, pick up a house phone and do it! It fills up fast. If you don't already know what night is the lobster night, ask. We made sure we didn't miss the lobster in the main dining room :) If it is a special occasion, tell them. They had rose petals on our table for our anniversary. Beautiful.

Most of all? Be prepared to be pampered down to the last smallest detail. Things like the custom caesar (sp?) salad creation tableside, the food presentation in tandem, the crumb sweeping, etc. These folks are the cream of the crop when it comes to waitstaff...please fill out the comment cards they send to your room because they are graded/rewarded accordingly from what I understand. The $20 per person was worth every cent. The food was bar none the best food on the ship.

Enjoy!

Thank you for the advice. Of all my cruises, we have not done either Chops or Portofinos. We are looking forward to it. Let me ask this...what is a reasonable amount to tip? I am NOT trying to be cheap...I want to make sure that I tip enough!

Archived