"Not So Newlywed" question

weaveramamama

My husband & I love game shows, have been married 15 years, were kindergarten sweethearts, and really want to win a ship-on-a-stick that we've heard so much about! We're off on the Fantasy in October and wanted to know how they go about choosing the couples for the Newlywed/Not So Newlywed Game (and for any of the games for that matter)...and any advice on getting selected?

Thanks!

On our cruise couples placed their names in a box by years they had been married. There was a box for less than a year, ten years-one year, 10-25 years- 25+ years, etc, something to that affect. When it was time for the game to begin the man running the show picked a name out of each box and that person was asked to play. No one was simply 'picked' out of the crowd. They also ask for a judge, I volunteered and at the end was given a bottle of champagne for helping! :D It was fun to watch the game even though we didn't get picked to play.

Ship on a stick..........I don't think that's what they mean.........:p

Just kidding. They give away Genuine 24 karat gold plastic ship on a stick...... (looks like a ship trophy) They give them to people who participate in the activities on board and win. DH has one for winning the knobby knee contest............it was a hoot! The Hairiest man contestants get on, people in the talent show, just to name a couple.

We only have that one and hadn't thought about trying to collect more......but that IS a thought. :D

I'm sure there is someone who has a picture they can post. I saw one just a day or two ago.

I saw them pick the couple newest married, oldest married, and one in the middle. Ours was something like 8 days, 56 years, and 25 years. Note that they really ask some embarassing questions though. My hubby tried to get picked and thank heavens did not. We had been on a river cruise and won the contest but they asked things like favorite flower, color of toothbrush, etc. On Carnival they had some really intimate questions. Frankly I didn't WANT to know how many times those 80 year olds got "happy" since they've been on board! :eek:

On our first cruise my husband and I attended the game. We didn't get picked (married 15 years) but we answered the questions ourselves. Had we been on stage, we would have won. One of the questions was "You haven't seen ugly until you've seen my wife's ________." We would have been the only ones to answer that one correctly.

Some of the questions are a bit personal. It may not be the best activities for pre-teens and a little younger. You may find yourself explaining the birds and the bees to your kids while on the cruise.

Good luck!

On our first cruise my husband and I attended the game. We didn't get picked (married 15 years) but we answered the questions ourselves. Had we been on stage, we would have won. One of the questions was "You haven't seen ugly until you've seen my wife's ________." We would have been the only ones to answer that one correctly.

Some of the questions are a bit personal. It may not be the best activities for pre-teens and a little younger. You may find yourself explaining the birds and the bees to your kids while on the cruise.

Good luck!

So??? what was in the blank???

Perspiring minds want to know!

GP

My husband and I played last year on our cruise. When he asked if anyone had been married more than 10 years we raise our hands (it was our 10 year anniversary) and we were picked. One of our questions was the "You haven't seen ugly...." question. We didn't win but all three couples got a bottle of champagne and a book on towel creatures.

So??? what was in the blank???

Perspiring minds want to know!

GP

With this question, the wives had to answer what they thought their husbands would say. As my husband and I were playing along, our answer was stomach. After having two kids, I didn't get the relatively flat stomach back. Oh well, we're still together after now 21 years. My husband is certainly not too bothered by my no-longer-girlish figure.

With this question, the wives had to answer what they thought their husbands would say. As my husband and I were playing along, our answer was stomach. After having two kids, I didn't get the relatively flat stomach back. Oh well, we're still together after now 21 years. My husband is certainly not too bothered by my no-longer-girlish figure.

LOL!

My wife, after 17 years with me, and 5 daughters later(ages 5 to 15), still looks fabulous! She says it's my rose-colored glasses, but I say it's just the way she looks.

GP

P.S. It *IS* just the way she looks, not any magic glasses!

We'll be on our honeymoon on the Conquest on Oct 8, one day after we get married. I soooooo want to get picked for this! I'm thinking of campaigning early by wearing my veil on embarkation day as well as the first day at sea.

I think for the ugly question, we would both probably say my one-eyed cat. No, that isn't a figure of speech for something intimate. I really do have a funny looking one-eyed cat!

I've seen them pick the couples a number of different ways on different ships (they seem to play this same game on most all cruise lines)...

But it does make me recall one of my favorite ones...

We were on the old Crown Princess in the Baltic and it seems this cruise had an incredibly high number of older folks...

Anyway, they did the names in a box by group thing to pick the couples...

The couple picked out of the 25+ year box, of course, were a couple of octogenarians...

Then they picked a name out of the 10-25 box...and, interestingly enough, another couple of octogenarians...

Then came the 2-10 box...and, voila, another elderly couple...

And, finally, the newlyweds: You guessed it...a couple well into their 80s...who had just gotten married the week before the cruise...

LOL!!!

Derf! You always crack me up! Why don't you book a spot on The Pride for this Sunday and come along with us! I have a feeling you would be a hoot to sail with! *LOL* :D

Hubby and I missed being the most newly wed on our honeymoon cruise. We had gotten married the night before. But there was a young couple that had just gotten married on board so we lost our spot in the game for Newlywed! *pouting* This time it's our 5th anniversary so I doubt we'll get to play this time either. Middle ground. :(

Derf! You always crack me up! Why don't you book a spot on The Pride for this Sunday and come along with us! I have a feeling you would be a hoot to sail with! *LOL* :D

As you probabbly DON'T know I am a shy introverted person in person. Derfette is the outgoing one able to start a conversation with anyone. I am a regular Jekle on CruiseCritic and I do Hide in real life.

As you probabbly DON'T know I am a shy introverted person in person. Derfette is the outgoing one able to start a conversation with anyone. I am a regular Jekle on CruiseCritic and I do Hide in real life.

Don't hide! You have a WONDERFUL sense of humor. I love to read your posts. Just try to stay out of that hot tub please! (smile)

Really? You need to learn to let that wonderful sense of humor shine more in real life then! Don't be shy! ;) But shipshapegal is right.........stay out of the hot tub! *LOL*

Like when is the last time you made whoppie. The approved answer is "Last night on the balcony"

I was reading another thread on something like this, and the Old couple (80ish) were asked when & where was the last time you made whoopy, their answer, last night on deck.:eek:

Archived