What "odd" things do you look forward to when cruising?

cruisin_cutie

The sooooo relaxing feeling when my wife and I stroll out on deck the first time at embarkation, order a drink and know that the world is just going to have to get along without us for the next 7, 10, 14 or however many days. Nothing else like it!:D

Spotting another cruise ship on the open sea -- far away and all lit up. They're so beautiful. And knowing that someone on that ship is looking at us and thinking the same thing.

I forgot..that I love to sway once I get off the ship at one of the ports.

At this point, I love the smell of my bodywash, because it smells like coconut and makes me feel like I'm on one of the islands. Can't wait for 8/28, hey that rhymes!

Now that's a new one! I like it. I'll have to add some tropical body wash to my packing list:D. I love the swaying too, I'm one of those people that sometimes sway for up to 10 days after returning home. Very weird the first time!

Happy Sails!

Romy

The DW & I love the new linens on the Carnival ships. We crank the AC down and pull the HEAVY comforter over us and we are out like lights....

The reactions from the crew members sometimes... A couple of years ago, we sailed out of Gulfport and while out to sea one night there was a deck party till the wee hours. We caught some of the deck hands preparing to "swab the deck" after the party. The song playing was Michael Jackson's Billie Jean. This particular deck hand just couldn't fight it. He would slowly start to move a little, then stop, bob his head a little, then stop, start to move his feet then stop, and finally about 3/4 of the way into the song he pushed off the rail, did a full pirouette then dropped into a semi split and came back up into his own MJ impersonation. I will never again forget to bring along the video camera to the deck parties !

Goes to show you EVERYONE loves cruising, even the ones who DO have to work !!!

I can't wait to open my cabin door and see that the next day's events newsletter has been delivered under the door! I never pick anything up from the floor so fast! woohoo I get so excited and spend ages looking at all the activities circling which ones I want to do and tossing up between conflicting ones....my hubby looks at me soooo strangely he just likes to lie in the sun all day long- but I'm activity girl!:D :D

The movement of the ship...and going back to the cabin at night when the beds are turned down and there is new reading material!

Those 3 are WAY up there, let me add the towel animal waiting for us too. I still get a kick out of those little guys at the end of the day!

Happy Sails!

Romy

Though I see pictures of the ship on the internet and in the cruise book, I always love the bus ride from the airport or hotel to the cruise port.

My heart pounds, my eyes are scouting from one side of the bus to the other waiting to finally catch that first glimp of that huge vessel waiting to take you away from the business of life! And once I see it, it seems like the most beautiful sight in the world.

My next favorite thing to look forward to is the walk from check-in to my first step on board into the atrium. I still remember all this from my first cruise and it is a memory I never want to forget!

Ditto Ditto Ditto

I disbelieve all you folks who complain about the muster drill. Secretly, you all dig it as much as I do. THAT'S when I know I am on a cruise. I can get chimes in a department store. My boat rocks me to sleep better than a big ole cruise ship. And drinking coffee nekkid is a daily thing around here.

But that slightly dirty, musty, awkward, bright orange PFD. ahhhhhhhh. Nothin like it on land.

Ok, I just spit water all over my keyboard!!!:p again!!!!

Hey Ya'll! this is reddgrits jr. and MY favorite thang to do on the ship is People Watch! I look for the "unique" passengers and and give them nicknames. Here are a few examples: Pineapple Head, Two-Braid (a man), Mohawk Man, Pretty Teeth (hot guy), Jim and Shavon (kareoke "pros":p ), and many more. These people just seem to show up everywhere!:eek: (I saw Pineapple Head the night before we got on the cruise at a mall! ) I cain't wait til my next cruise!!!

:D Hayley:D

My best friend and I took a cruise a couple of years ago (with another friend of mine, and my daughter who was 2 years old at the time) and we discovered that it was a BLAST to watch the people... this year we are doing a variation of that though... we're going to try to get pictures of these weirdo's also LOL

We haven't figured out yet how we're gonna do it, but we are planning on having a contest to see who can get the picture of the most odd looking person on board. (i'll be taking a picture of HER too... *grin* and she'll be in the runnin!)