Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

Just 'won' a bid via priceline this a.m. :Intercontinental (downtown Miami near bayside marketplace and pier) 12/15/2006 for one night. $90.00.

Researched priceline to get this bidding range after two unsuccessful bids. We use priceline quite a bit for our one night stays and this may be a little higher (was hoping on 60-65 a night) than bidding closer to the date..then again...maybe not. Anyway rooms are running 210+ that night and hotel gets great reviews..Happy bidding!

Priceline $70 bid accepted

Sheridan Miami Mart - airport which is listed as a 3*

12/2/2006

I had bid for the downtown for $65 for 3 or 4* and got nothing.

Added airport area and still nothing at $65. Waited a day and upped bid to $70 and got the Sheridan. Its been recently renovated with a free airport shuttle.

I'm thinking of taking a cruise out of Miami around jan,21 2007 looking for a hotel that will pick you up at the airport and take you to the cruise port. The hotels prices on the internet are quite expencive, any suggestions?

Last year we stayed at the Embassy Suites-Airport. There was a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then a free shuttle from hotel to port the next time but we had purchased the cruise package. For 5 people I thought it was a bargain since it included a complimentary hot breakfast. For fewer people, you'd be best to weigh the costs of what transportation plus breakfast would cost if you do it on your own.

This year since there will only be 2 of us so I bid priceline and got a hotel with a free shuttle from airport to the hotel. We'll have breakfast on our own at the hotel and then likely have to take a taxi to the port.

Hi All....my first time at the hotel boards and I was curious about "winning bids"...this is all new to me ! It sounds like you're all getting great deals ...my skeptical nature needs to know - how do you know you're getting a great room? or do you usually have to take what they give you? I don't want to fly a couple of thousand miles and end up in a hotel room with an obstructed view of a back alley...all tips greatly appreciated !

Hi All....my first time at the hotel boards and I was curious about "winning bids"...this is all new to me ! It sounds like you're all getting great deals ...my skeptical nature needs to know - how do you know you're getting a great room? or do you usually have to take what they give you? I don't want to fly a couple of thousand miles and end up in a hotel room with an obstructed view of a back alley...all tips greatly appreciated !

Yes, you have to take what they give you.

I can't say this enough, biddingfortravel.com will answer all of your questions about priceline and help you become a very informed bidder. In many cases you know exactly which hotel you will get. It is a must to read and understand all of the information before you bid. If for some reason, you don't understand the information on biddingfortravel, then priceline is not the best option for you.

If you are very fussy about details like obstructed views, then priceline is not for you.

I just booked our precruise hotel via Priceline. We got the Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek on 12/2 for $65.

I attempted to book either a 3-star or 4-star hotel located in Priceline's downtown Ft. Lauderdale area but was unsuccessful with bid amounts up to and including $92 per night. I enountered the same situatioin year before last and switchied to the North Ft. Lauderdale area.

There are two very nice hotels in the Ft. Lauderdale North Priceline Area which are usually available. These two are the Ft. Lauderdale North Marriott and the Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek. There also is a Renaissance Hotel in this area but it has several recent negative reviews buy guests who stayed there.

Admittedly this Priceline area isn't appealing to everyone but for those who are looking for a sligtly less expensive alternative and have a car this solution is ideal. Drive time to Port Everglades is no more than 10-15 minutes during anything other than rush hour. Furthermore there a number of reasonably good restaurants in this area plus there happens to be a lot of shpping nearby as well.

I have stayed in this hotel on many occasions over the years for both business ans pleasure. One tip though is to request a room on the front side of the property which is away from the railroad tracks. Take it from one who knows. :-)

Hope this info is helpful and everyone have a great day out there.

Archived