Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

Thanks everyone for posting your winning bids. It is most helpful. I have been waiting 6 days to see a posting on Bidding for Travel for the city I'm looking at.

Come on, someone must have gotten a NY city hotel through Priceline....

Popsec,

Check biddingfortravel.com. There are hundreds of posts there for NYC. Make sure that you understand all the information on the site before you bid.

Just added as a "best value" on hotwire:

Date: 3/24/07

Number of nights: 1

Hotel: Renaissance Fort Lauderdale (17th street)

Rating: 4 star

Area: Las Olas/Downtown Ft Lauderdale

Site: Hotwire

Winning Bid: $118

Taxes/Fees: $19.35 ($137.35 total)

This is a nice "find" as the prices on 17th have gotten out of control.

Good luck!

Kel

Thanks Kelmac!!!!

Just booked 3 rooms for March 2, 2007 thru Hotwire at the Renaissance on 17th St. for $384.75 total ($114.00 each, plus tax & fees). The internet lists the price per room as $379.00!!! I was going to book the Sleep Inn in Dania for $152.99 because I wasn't getting anything on Priceline and the rooms in FLL were so expensive. Thanks again for the great tip.

Janet

Jim,

Yes, it was listed as the 1st hotel (Best Value) 4* Las Olas Downtown

Boutique, pool, fitness etc. It is an excellent price, I hope there's no catch,

renovations etc. But, it's only for 1 night and the location is great.

Good luck!

Janet

Because of someone else's posting about Hotwire now adding the Renaissance I jumped on it and booked for early Jan/07 .. $114 plus taxes. I did a search for this property using my overnight date and all the web sites were showing over $400 ... So this is almost like winning the lottery!!!! I also have bid on Priceline for the Renaissance up to $140 and have been repeatedly turned down

Even though Hotwire does not name the property until final payment because of the other postings you can be assured it is definitely the Renaissance.

Because of someone else's posting about Hotwire now adding the Renaissance I jumped on it and booked for early Jan/07 .. $114 plus taxes. I did a search for this property using my overnight date and all the web sites were showing over $400 ... So this is almost like winning the lottery!!!! I also have bid on Priceline for the Renaissance up to $140 and have been repeatedly turned down

Even though Hotwire does not name the property until final payment because of the other postings you can be assured it is definitely the Renaissance.

One of the best ways to identify a Hotwire property before purchase is to look at their vacation package section. Like Priceline, you select a specific hotel if/when you buy Hotwire's vacation package. Hotwire not only identifies the hotel, but also it's star rating and amenities which gives you a great tool for comparison when you return to their opaque hotel-only section.

For example, check Hotwire's vacation package for Jan 9-11, 2007 and you'll see the Renaissance prominently displayed, complete with star level and amenities offered.

After three days of bidding on Miami (downtown and Beach), starting at $85 for 4 star hotels, got JwMarriott for Nov 17th at $175- Wonder if its so high because it's a Friday at the beginning of Thanksgiving week? It's still less than booking direct, but was hoping for the Intercontinental or Sheraton Bal Harbor. :rolleyes:

I got the IC on 4/21/07 for $179. on Hotwire last week. The advertised price on most websites in $379ish. I guess it depends on the time of the year. I wish I could have gotten the $95 price tag, but I am still happy with my price. Priceline wouldn't accept $150 for that time of year so I guess I am satisfied. Can't wait till cruise 4/22 on the Valor.

Got this on my First Priceline BID and only bid as a *3 star at $62.00 per night in downtown zone -- Was Surprised to get a *4 upgrade

Glad to get this at the price. Will be staying there for a 2 night precruise.

Have stayed at Amerisuites up the street before and like this location on 17th Street-

This seems to be a real good and nicer hotel --It is a Marroitt Renaissance .

$62 @2 nites plus $23.01, Taxes fees = $147.01 Total

Hope this helps some one - Good price for that time of year-

WeB site show rate of over $250.00 per night

Since I have never bid price line or hot wire is there a way to select the hotel you want. Would like to stay at the Hyatt Pier 66 in Ft Lauderdale but don't know how to go about doing seletive bidding. Also there will be 3 adults in the room and I didn't see an option for number of people

Sorry for the newbie questions

thanks for any help

Do you really want to stay at Hyatt Pier 66? We were there in April and the rooms, etc. are badly in need of TLC. It's very clean, the lobby looks nice, but the rooms are tired. And the food is VERY EXPENSIVE! We had a very modest breakfast (danish for DH, one egg and toast for me, coffee) and it was $19 +. If we had known all of this, we would have stayed at the Renaissance which is directly across the water. Oh, and if you are in a cab and the drawbridge goes down, the meter keeps going. We sat for $7.50 just waiting for the drawbridge to go up so the cab could go across the waterway to get to the hotel, which meant that the cab ride from the airport to the hotel was almost $20!!! No drawbridge to worry about at the Renaissance.

Well, I didn't get such a great deal. I looked on the Grande's website and taxes would have only been around $8. So in all actuality, I only saved $2. LOL! I should have done a little more research before bidding. So if you're interested in bidding for a 3*, go lower that $60 and see what happens.

All's good. We've got a place to lay our heads before getting on our ship, what more can you ask for?????

And we saved $2. I just hope we don't spend all of our savings in one place. LOL

Good post...great info, what happened on the price though? I booked the special for $69 and with tax comes to $76 and change. Why is there over $14 tax on a "$60" price ??? Are there fees involved for using priceline ??? If I really wanted this hotel, and put in 3* how would I be sure I wouldn't get another 3* property and then be stuck with that one ??? Any help or ideas ??? I am probably going to keep what I have though. If anyone tries to go lower than $60 and is successful, let me know. I still have 56 days til cruise day and plenty of time to cancel my reservations around the town.

if you want to see some recent bids go to

http://www.biddingfortravel.com

be sure to read the first part about HOW to bid on priceline.

You can get tons of information and also some recent bids at different cites, etc.

It also gives a Hotel list at the top of each region or city.

The hotel list might change -You can not pick a certain hotel -But you can get a preety good idea -

Yes the fees and taxes are higher when you get and accepted bid on priceline.

Would like to stay at the Hyatt Pier 66 in Ft Lauderdale but don't know how to go about doing seletive bidding.

You can not do selective bidding, but by going to http://www.biddingfortravel.com you can see that the only 4* hotel to come up in the Beach Zone, is the Hyatt Pier 66. This doesn't guarantee that you may not get something else, but it's a pretty fair bet that you will. By knowing this, you can be reasonably assured that a bid for a 4* in the Beach Zone will give you what you want. You also have four free rebids for a 4*, Beach hotel. Please read the biddingfortravel site, before trying to bid. After a successful bid, call the hotel direct, and request a room with two beds. Most will grant your wish.

We stayed at Pier 66 last February, and it was great. We had the remodeled lania rooms.

Are there fees involved for using priceline ???

Yes there are, plus the usual taxes. Priceline is a company, whose goal is to make money.

This is for our post-cruise hotel in New York City: (Zenith/Bermuda)

Date: 2 June 07

Number of NIghts: 2

Hotel: Le Parker Meridien

Area: Upper Midtown Central Park South

Site: Priceline

Winning Bid: $150

Taxes and Service Fees: $24.65

Hotel gets some mixed reviews, but what a great location in NYC!!:)

I'm trying to get a similar deal pre-cruise, but no luck yet.

Enjoy!

Kel

My first time using Priceline and here is what I got for a pre-cruise stay in Long Beach:

Date: 10/28/06

Number of NIghts: 1

Hotel: Long Beach Hilton

Area: Long Beach, CA

Site: Priceline

Winning Bid: $80

Taxes and Service Fees: $19.41

I was very happy with this price. Thanks for this thread! I probably would never have tried this if I hadn't read all this great information!

Archived