Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

Just got the Hyatt Regency Downtown Miami for $79.00 winning bid for 9/9/06 and taxes & fees of $18.39 for a grand total of $97.39.

Was going to do the Intercontinental on Hotwire for $87.00 plus fees which would have been $105., but I tried Priceline one more time, and saved a couple $$!

Just booked the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro, CA with a bid of $65.00 for December. Will take PrimeTime Shuttle from LAX to hotel for $32.00 for two people. Expect to take free shuttle from hotel to pier the next day. This sure beats $219.00 for hotel package. Asked for 3 star hotel in San Pedro. First time we ever did this-a little scary but soooo worthwhile. Good luck!!

Anyone on the NCL Star to Mexican Riviera on Dec. 8??

cruzin'd

I got the Hilton Long Beach today for two rooms on 11/11/06

for $196.48. This includes taxes and fees. The bid was $82.00

per room. This sure beats the price of $189.00 + taxes per night

per room the Hilton website quotes.

JR

I've really got the hang of it now. We got Westin LAX for Dec 17 for $60.00. Bid $50.00 first and that was refused. Best price I got for the hotel was $159.00 using AARP before I put in the bid. With taxes total is $76.12.

cruzin 'd

Date: 10/14/06 Saturday

Number of nights: 1 (pre cruise)

Hotel: Intercontinental Miami

Rating: 4 star

Area: Downtown Miami

Site: Priceline

Winning Bid: $85

Taxes & Service Fees: $19.32

Total: $104.32

Wooo hoooo!!! Thanks SO much for this thread!!! :D

I tried Priceline about 4 to 5 times & never got accepted. It was for a 4 Star Hotel in Downtown Miami. I ended up going to easyclicktravel.com & getting the Intercontinental for $119 not including taxes.

The dates I was looking for were Sept 30th for 1 night.

:confused: Has anyone tried this on hotels in Europe?.. or do you think that would be risky? I need one night pre-cruise in Rome. I had a difficult enough time finally deciding to purchase my airplane tickets, instead of continuing to gamble that the fares may come down. ( Now, I will not look again at them because I do not want to know...:()

KB

Got this on my second bid.

Date: September 30, 2006

# Of nights: 1 ( two rooms )

Hotel: Hilton Long beach

Rating: 4 Star

Area: Long beach

Bid: $75.00 :D

Taxes & Fees: $15.10

Hi, I stayed at the Hilton Long Beach back in Oct 2005. It was nice...

more of a "business type" rather than a "resort" but they do have a

nice bar downstairs:) ;)

I just got Intercontinental for $87.00 on Hotwire. It was showing a 4 star customer favorite Downtown. Looking at the amenities I was hoping it would be, and I got my confirmation moments after booking showing it was indeed the Intercontinental. Booking elsewhere was showing $175.00 !!! Two thumbs up for Hotwire! This is for September 30, 2006.

The best things to do are to get prices for hotels in the areas you're looking at in Manhattan, then check out betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel.com and read through those sites thoroughly. What the prevailing price is for your dates will determine how much you should bid.

Good luck!

If you check the Hotwire price' date='the Hyatt for your date is $174, so it's unlikely you'll get under $100 for Miami DT on Priceline. You can't just go by what others are winning. Your weekend must be some kind of event or a holiday perhaps. In contrast, the date we're going Hotwire has it for $93, and some have won bids during that timeframe for $60-100. If you would like more help start a separate thread and I'm sure you'll get some replies! :`)[/quote']

I dont know why sooo much $$$ for 4/07 but booked IC for $174,taxes $201... I booked the HI port just in case...its a sure thing at HI, I wanted something a bit more...

Date: Oct 8, 2006

Nights :1

Rating: 3* Downtown FLL

Bid: $60 + 14.62 = 74.62

Hotel: Fort Lauderdale Grande Beach and Yacht Club

Have been trying 3 and 4 * hotels for several wks. I didn't want to go over $71 which is what I booked Sleep Inn for. Tried 4* first Downtown and Beach. Then did seperate bid for 3* Downtown. Got it on first bid. That makes me think they may have accepted an even lower bid, but it is still $9 cheaper than the special they are running through the website. So I guess I saved my cabfare.

Well, I didn't get such a great deal. I looked on the Grande's website and taxes would have only been around $8. So in all actuality, I only saved $2. LOL! I should have done a little more research before bidding. So if you're interested in bidding for a 3*, go lower that $60 and see what happens.

All's good. We've got a place to lay our heads before getting on our ship, what more can you ask for?????

And we saved $2. I just hope we don't spend all of our savings in one place. LOL

Well, I didn't get such a great deal. I looked on the Grande's website and taxes would have only been around $8. So in all actuality, I only saved $2. LOL! I should have done a little more research before bidding. So if you're interested in bidding for a 3*, go lower that $60 and see what happens.

All's good. We've got a place to lay our heads before getting on our ship, what more can you ask for?????

And we saved $2. I just hope we don't spend all of our savings in one place. LOL

No I'd say you got a fantastic deal!! I checked the website, and the $69 rate is only for summer specials. I went to their website and checked availability on October 8, and the best price was $179 +$19 tax = $198

Can you post your winning bid information on biddingfortravel.com? Nobody has reported getting a bid accepted for a 3* room in downtown Ft. Lauderdale in over a year, so this would be big news for them.

I just got the Intercontinental Miami - November 5, 2006 for $85.00 on priceline! Selected 4* downtown and was hoping for the Intercontinental and sure enough... I had previously called them directly and the same room was $275.00! Thanks priceline. . . . ;)

auntlatoya,

OK, from the other post, it looks like the Ft. Lauderdale Grand extended their $69 summer special until Oct. 8, and you have to enter the promo code to get it. So you could have got the last day of the summer special. But anyway you still beat that price.

It is encouraging to see that Ft. Lauderdale Grand is still participating on Priceline, so this is great news. Thank you for also posting on biddingfortravel.com. You have the first reported win for a 3* hotel in downtown FLL since July 2005. And the first win for the Grand/Mariott Marina, since that time. Although some people have bid on 3* and been upgraded to the 4* Renaisance during the past year.

Archived