Stay: 9/6/06

Nights: 1

Hotel: Renaissance Fort Lauderdale

Rating: 4 star

Area: Fort Lauderdale, FL Las Olas-Downtown

Site: Priceline

Winning Bid: $64.00 (started at $50.00)

Taxes and Service Fees: $15.11

After trying on priceline for 2 months, finally had a bid accepted.

Bid Date: 8/7/06

Stay: 9/01/06

Hotel: Doubletree

Rating: 3 star (as high as you can go in the Cocoa Beach area)

Area: Cocoa Beach

Winning bid: $95.00

Taxes and service fees: $19.18

Grand totoal: $114.18

Glad to have this part of the trip finally taken care of!

Date: 9/22-9/24 2006

# of nights: 2 (pre cruise)

Hotel: Marriott Renaissance Seattle Hotel

Rating: 3 stars

Area: Downtown Seattle

Winning bid: $90 per night

Taxes & fees: $34.82 total

Total: $214.82

Started at 3* and $64. Multiple free rebids later I hit at $90. Lowest rate at the Marriott site was $184 a night for these dates.

Spending 2 days in Seattle prior to taking Amtrak to Vancouver for a Princess coastal cruise to San Francisco. Planes, trains and ships! :p

Bid Date: 8/6/06

Stay: 9/6/06

Hotel: Renaissance Fort Lauderdale

Rating: 4 star

Area: Fort Lauderdale, FL Las Olas-Downtown

Winning Bid: $64.00 (started at $50.00)

Taxes and Service Fees: $15.11

Good choice but the hotel was offering $69 direct through Sept and part of Oct.

Ron

Ron

Actually it wasn't the day I bid. I had the hotel website open at the same time I was bidding. Does the $69.00 include taxes? The total $72 includes taxes.

Ron

I think "was" is the catch word here. Perhaps that special was over when sassmofi booked just a few days ago.

I remember seeing it ... was it a Travelzoo special? I've forgotten!

No but $64 + $15.11 doesn't equal $72 - more like $79.11 - Yes, you did well, I was just referring to their Summer Special - I tried up to $100 on Priceline for the Ren and was turned down - finally got it for $113 + tax & fees for Dec 1 and Dec 12.

Ron

Ron

Did Renaissance also have a summer special for $69? I thought that was only for the Grande.

A few weeks ago, many people were getting Renaissance on Hotwire, but that was for over $100.

Well, Ilm going to try priceline. you've talked me into it.

Ft. Lauderdale. in Feb. 07 BUT... I've noticed you all book within a few months of travel. Do you think I should wait until around Dec. to try priceline for a better deal? any input would help me.. I'm scared

maggie 33

I would wait until later in Dec-maybe ----

Why try up something that might change before Feb -

Once you buy the room you cannot get refund.

In the meantime goto

http://www.biddingfortravel.com

there you will be able to see winning bids -Also seethe priceline board here on Cruise Critics. This will help you with bidding process.

Also be aware that Feb is prime travel time in FLL- Boat shows -Large conventions -Snow Birds, Etc. Prices are usually higher.

It depends how many rooms are in inventory with the hotels that have Priceline connections.

At the bidding-for-travel site look at the top of the area(FLL) for hotel lists

That will give you idea of hotels are using pricerline and what *star rating for the hotels.

Lowpsa -Tom B

Well, Ilm going to try priceline. you've talked me into it.

Ft. Lauderdale. in Feb. 07 BUT... I've noticed you all book within a few months of travel. Do you think I should wait until around Dec. to try priceline for a better deal? any input would help me.. I'm scared

The Superbowl will be in Miami on Feb 4 so this will be a very busy time. I seriously doubt that you will get anything on priceline. Since you are going a few days after the Superbowl, that won't be as bad as going a few days before, but even still, you may be lucky to get *any* room at *any* price. Even if there are no events, Feb is still a very busy time.

I would definetly start checking now. Forget about priceline, just see if you can get a room.

Bid on 3* hoping for the Grande, but was upgraded to 4* and got the Renaissance each time. Pre-cruise is for 3 rooms for 1 night:

31.95 taxes and fees

$223.96

Post-cruise is for 2 rooms for 1 night

23.06 taxes and fees

$147.06

On the Renaissance web site room price for each night was $259, so I'm extremely pleased with this win.

I got the IC on 4/21/07 for $179. on Hotwire last week. The advertised price on most websites in $379ish. I guess it depends on the time of the year. I wish I could have gotten the $95 price tag, but I am still happy with my price. Priceline wouldn't accept $150 for that time of year so I guess I am satisfied. Can't wait till cruise 4/22 on the Valor.

Miami DT Intercontinental

March 10, 2007 - Spring Break

$176 + tax/fee = $205

Hotwire

No great bargain, but hard to find a deal during peak season.

today aug 18th :

priceline win 4 star intercontiental hotel for $80 (plus $18 tax)

tried $60 & $68 (added Miami Lakes) then gave in and went to $80 ( by adding Miami Southwest ) ... it was a bit of a gamble but betterbiddingcom said a 4 star did not exist in those areas!

stay sept 23, 2006 1 night

Hope I can get a good bay view up high!!!

Any cheap suggestions on how to get from the airport for the least $$ ?

then to the port the next morn ?

thanks

Leasa... 37 days & counting

8/19/06- Bid $136.00 plus taxes on 4* and Resort South Beach/ Miami Beach

Won-Eden Roc Renaissance in Miami Beach a 4* for May 10, 2007 for 3 nights and for 2 rooms

I have been trying for a couple days, starting at $45.00 and adding areas each time, even downtown Miami.

I really wanted South Beach, and I probably could have gotten cheaper by waiting, but it seems alot of the more expensive hotels I wanted were showing no rooms available. Oh Well, I still saved some $$$.

Date: 9/27/06

# of nights: 1 (pre cruise)

Hotel: Westin Long Beach

Rating: 4 stars (Priceline rating)

Area: Downtown Long Beach

Winning bid: $90

Taxes & fees: $20.83

Total: $110.83

Rejected at $80, rebid $85 and rejected, rebid and accepted at $90....as high as I was prepared to go. Had been bidding off and on for the last couple of months, bids ranging from $70-$100, all rejected. I think if I had waited a few more weeks, I might have been able to get an $85 or $80 bid, but since my backup room was $131+ and was a lower rated hotel in a less attractive location, I'm satisfied. Lowest online price I could find for the Westin on that date was $199+tax.

Love this thread.

We are cruising out of Port Canaveral 11/04/06. Wanted to hang out in FL for a few days but did not want to do Orlando. On Hotwire we got the Crown Plaza Hotel in Melbourne @ 86. per night plus taxes and fees. We always use either Hotwire or Priceline. Only once have we been disappointed (Holiday Inn in Ft Lauderdale). Has anyone stayed at the Crown Plaza?

Again this is a GREAT thread

AOCO

We got 1 room for 2 nights, 1/25/07 -1/26/07 at the Ramada Plaza in Hollywood. Priceline $ 85 a nite, not a great deal, but with the Superbowl there the next week I figured we'd better get something before everthing is gone. Started bidding at

$ 40, tried all the areas in Lauderdale!! We're all set for our 1/27/07 cruise on the Legend:D :D :D :D

I'm thinking of taking a cruise out of Miami around jan,21 2007 looking for a hotel that will pick you up at the airport and take you to the cruise port. The hotels prices on the internet are quite expencive, any suggestions?

I'm thinking of taking a cruise out of Miami around jan,21 2007 looking for a hotel that will pick you up at the airport and take you to the cruise port. The hotels prices on the internet are quite expencive, any suggestions?

The only one I found was the Embassy suites near the airport & I think there is a fee for the port shuttle.

Maybe other will have some more hotels for you.

Try http://www.hotwire.com or http://www.hotelscorp.com for better rates

Has anyone been successful on Priceline for hotels in SanJuan 12/14-12/16?? I've been trying for about the last month with no success. I'm bidding on resort, & so far have gone up to $140 per night. I'm afraid to go down to 3*, don't want to get stuck with Radisson, as I've read some awful reviews on that.... Last year, I think I paid $125 per night at the San Juan Marriott, but it'll still be closed for renovations when we need to go...

Archived