Front of hump or Back of hump?

Sue L

Hey All,

I booked cabin 8586 on the front of the hump on the Serenade for next year, but now I see the last cabin on the hump ( facing towards back) is available. There are no middle humps so that is out. For those who have been on the humps which would be better for Alaska?

Is one better than the other? More windy? Please give me any advise

Sue

Sue, Have a great cruise. Please post your review next week. Thanx again for sending those compasses. BTW, We've never been on a hump, but another poster said that the frontside was very windy. Hope someone who really knows will answer you directly...I'm just bumping. :D

PUMBAAMD, We have cabin #9576 in a few weeks on Serenade. Can you tell me about the cabin, especially the balcony? Any particular perks or problems? Could two loungers fit on the balcony since it is larger than standard? Thanks for any info!

Can't say anything negative about 9576. We had two chairs, a table and one lounger on the balcony. They fit nicely and anything more would crowd it. The wind was never a problem. All the balconies forward can look back and see you, but it was never a problem - just wave back to them. It was convenient to stairs and elevators, but not noisy.

For Alaska, you might consider facing aft. We had an aft balcony for our Alaska cruise and it seemed a lot of action (whales breeching) took place after the ship passed by. We watched them forever behind us. Seems by the time the ranger announced a sighting the ship was already past them.

Just a thought........

We have the middle of the hump booked on the Navigator. It's on the starboard side. I've been reading that the balconies are larger on the port side. Just curious as to why. Any answer?

On the Radiance class, the port side hump balconies are deeper than those on the Starboard side. On the Voyager class they are the same size on both sides of the ship.

wrp96 - There are not any hump cabins on the port side on the Radiance class ships. That's where the elevators are located. We usually book on the port side & were disappointed they didn't have any hump cabins on that side.

Gail

I just took a look at the elevators, & you're right that there are 2 cabins on either side of the elevators. I never noticed that before. It looks like the balcony on 2 of them are larger. We have only had a cabin on the bump 2 times, & they were both in the middle. We were very lucky to get them.

Gail

Archived