Types of beer on Noordam

Nectarologist

Hi all. I was curious to see if HAL (Noordam in particular) offers any unique beers at their bars. Of course I'd expect the run of the mill Bud, Coors, etc. but if anyone has noticed that they carry any of the less popular beers (but better, IMHO :D) I'd appreciate the info. I'm quite smitten with Belgian beer myself. Even if you can't answer my question, feel free to share your thoughts on you favorite brand.

Thank you!:)

The cruise lines do not carry craft beer for their customers. I have asked the bar managers several times why... The only answer I received was he did not know.

It is really a shame. I enjoy good beer when on board and normally only can get Bud, etc.

There are some exceptions on the Alaskan cruises where there carry a few local brews.

I am an owner of a microbrewery in Los Angeles and have a professional interest as well. Not to sell but to drink.

When I was on the Rotterdam (over 30 years ago), they served Heiniken on tap --- it was better than what they export to the US. We're looking forward to tasting some new Dutch beers on the Noordam - I hope they have them!

Connie and Joe (micro brewery lovers)

:eek: IVE SAID IT BEFORE AND ILL SAY IT AGAIN, I DONTLIKE BEER.......I LOVE IT! A COUPLE YEARS AGO ON THE ROTTERDAM WE VISITED HAMBURG, AND THEY BROUGHT AN OOMPAH BAND AND A WIDE VARIETY OF GERMAN BEERS ON BOARD THAT THEY SOLD BY THE BUCKET, I BELIEVE IT WAS 5 ASSORTED BOTTLES FOR AROUND $12.00 YOU HAD ABOUT A DOZEN TO CHOOSE FROM AND YOU COULD MIX OR MATCH. I THOUGHT I DIED AND WENT TO HEAVEN.

DOLPHIN IV, SUNWARD, NORDIK EXPRESS, MV BOND, NORTHERN RANGER, BIG RED BOAT II 2X, CARNIVAL VICORY, REGAL EMPRESS, ROTTERDAM VI 2X, ZENITH 2X, KWARTHA VOYEGEUR, GOLDEN PRINCESS, MAASDAM 2X, QUEEN MARY II, CARNIVAL LEGEND, NORDIC EMPRESS, NOORDAM, NORWEGIAN SPIRIT, ALSO USS SPARTANBURG COUNTY, USS MOALE, UISS DAMATO, USS MYLES C FOX, USS VOGELGESANG, USS ORTOLAN, AND USS FULTON. WAITING FOR JAN 07 RYNDAM 30 DAY HAWAII& FRENCH POLYNESIA

I like Newcastle (English) & Yuengling (oldest continually operating US brewery). Don't remember either of those being offered onboard. Wound up drinking Coors light when I drank beer. I also like to try micros & locals to wherever I'm travelling.

I agree w/the Chief - keep it coming & keep it cold! :)

If I remember correctly, they had the typical brew on Noordam.

Bud, Bud Lite, MGD, Heineken (don't recall if it was on tap tho..) and Grolsch.

I was really hoping to get me mitts on a bottle of Guinness, but they didn't have any! :eek:

I solved that problem in St Maarten with no problems ....

:D

I enjoyed reading the comments on this thread. Thanks.

I am a real beer snob and will go without as opposed to drinking bud,etc. The light styles are very popular with most non-beer drinkers, but for me they have an unsatisfying taste. I have always felt that most people drink beer for different reasons. I enjoy the full flavor of a craft beer, where most just like the taste of a light malt.

IT looks as if I will drinking scotch on my next cruise, although I may bring in some of my own (I own a microbrewry) in my baggage and hope they do not confiscate it.

Archived