Would you book a 7 day Carib cruise to nowhere?

dmarch@islc.net

Would you book a 7 day cruise to nowhere?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Would you book a 7 day cruise to nowhere?

While another poster wrote the following, I have adapted it as my response too. Thanks, Vanessa.

The poster with the suggested itinerary of one port and one private island day has come up with the perfect cruise. Put him/her in an exective postion with RCCL. Absolutely.:D

The poster who suggests that those of us who prefer sea days are nothing but ne'er do well drunkards :mad: should take care not to speak in such broad generalities. I prefer the sea days, and I do drink. :) I also think there are a lot of us who can have fun on a cruise, for its own sake, without embarrassing ourselves. :cool:

"Cruises to Nowhere", which are not the same as a conventional cruise with a lot of sea days, were very popular a number of years ago. At that time, even people who loved such cruises described them as "a non stop party at sea filled with passengers, who had too much to drink". This does not mean that everyone who takes "Cruises to Nowhere" acts that way. However, based on feedback from a lot of different people who have taken "Cruises to Nowhere", they attract people who do.

Why wouldn't you just go to an all-inclusive resort on the island of your choice? Many spa/resorts are similar to cruises, upscale dining, waiters who know you, not too many people and since you are on land there is more space.

I like to cruise because the hotel travels at night and I don't have to unpack. If I don't want to go anywhere there are land sites that do it better.

Granted, it's been many years since I cruised in the Caribbean so things may have changed but I can't imagine 7 frustrating days of going out on deck to get a chair only to find they have all been "saved." If this problem was resolved, I would be first in line...7 days, 14 days, heck, couldn't get me off the ship!

Hi Longboysfan !

I have actually suggested this to Celebrity several times. So far, it has not happened ! The only change I would make, is substitute San Juan, with either Antigua or St Maarten.

I feel this would be a PERFECT itinerary for Millennium to do.... ON A ROTATION, meaning Millenium would do 3 different 7 night itineraries, like she is doing in 2007/2008. This would be ONE of the 3 different itineraries, so she would only be doing this itinerary once every 3 weeks. For those who do not like this option, they can choose from 1 of the remaining 2 itineraries.

This idea would also make for a wonderful back to back Cruise. For those who like longer back to back Cruises, you could do 1 week that would be port intensive, and the second week as a VERY very relaxing Cruise. What could be better ?

Being that Millennium's Caribbean itineraries are in DESPERATE need of a makeover, I would love to see this option be one of the choices.

I took San Juan because of the docking at Old Town.

But you do bring a goiod point up.

Say the line did offer this as a trip.

Then each week they switched port stops - not the private island.

Rotated SanJuan, Antigua, St. Marrtin, Tortola and maybe a few others.

Pick you week - pick you stop.

Maybe a few more along the top chain of islands near San Juan.

Something to think about.

Our first Caribbean Cruise, which was over thirty years ago, was the best. It was a nine day round trip cruise from New York with only two ports, and we were the only ship in each port at the time. During the first night you reserved your lounge chair for the entire cruise, which no one else was allowed to use. There were also a lot of different activities and lectures, so many passengers came home feeling that they learned something new while having a great cruise.

I like the idea of a couple of ports on a seven-day Caribbean cruise. But I also enjoy treating a day in port as a sea day. It's great when most of the other passengers get off the ship and we feel like we have the ship to ourselves. I'm planning on treating our day in Jamaica like that on our upcoming Century cruise.

Archived