who likes the pizza on Carnival??

cruisekimmy

It is amazing, isn't it, how good the pizza tastes at 2am or 4am. And yes, there's sometimes a line at those times! After midnight is the only time I've had it, so I guess I don't know how it tastes if I'm awake or sober.

Todd

At 4:00 am, the disco has drained you, and all that Corona needs a friendly partner to get you through the night (actually the rest of the morning)....Enter Carnival's 24/7 pizza. Always have mine custom made (just tell 'em what you want on it).

Always heap tons of anchovies on top also (just in case the ladies are watching). :D :D :D

Our first cruise was on the Imagination and the pizza on that cruise was the absolute best I’ve ever had. Since then, they have changed the recipe. :mad: It’s still VERY good, but not like the first our first cruise.

Our first cruise was on the Imagination and the pizza on that cruise was the absolute best I’ve ever had. Since then, they have changed the recipe. :mad: It’s still VERY good, but not like the first our first cruise.

Yes, they did change it- I'm so glad someone else noticed a difference. The first time I had it was in 1995 or 1996 and in 2002, it was still fantastic, but missing something that made it spectacular! I still eat it all the time and I'm not complaining :)

my take on carnivals pizza.....its better than boxed frozen.....comparable to papa johns or dominos (two of my less liked pizza joints)......not nearly as good as some of the best pizzas you can find around the country......i think you hear a lot of talk about the pizza and burgers here because Americans are just so hung up on their fast food...mainly pizza and burgers and ice cream....so when they get onboard they naturally gravitate first thing to the foods that they know and love bestest :)........you'll rarely find long lines at the salad bar area:)

You said exactly what I was going to say. I'm going to say it anyway though. Carnival's pizza is better than frozen.

Similar to Papa John's, Domino's or Pizza Hut (I don't like any of those). Not even close to some of the best around the country (I have had pizza in NY and Chicago). It's not even close to any parlor pizza that I have ever had. It'll do if you crave a slice of pizza after a few drinks.

You said exactly what I was going to say. I'm going to say it anyway though. Carnival's pizza is better than frozen.

Similar to Papa John's, Domino's or Pizza Hut (I don't like any of those). Not even close to some of the best around the country (I have had pizza in NY and Chicago). It's not even close to any parlor pizza that I have ever had. It'll do if you crave a slice of pizza after a few drinks.

I completely agree with Lilylady. I am from Chicago and am totally "spoiled" by the pizza served here. Here, pizza is an art. It is not something to "take out" or have delivered. We purposely go out for pizza! Of course, we also pay $30 for a pizza, LOL. So, I stick to room service at 2am. That is something I definetly cannot get at home.

Happy Cruising!

Seeker

I do enjoy Chicago pizza and get it everytime I am there (although I tend to enjoy NY style a little better)... but I certainly enjoy the Pizza on Carnival MUCH better than their room service...:D Honestly, it is a different kind of pizza than your classics, but it hits the spot at 2am... I wish Carnival did a better job on room service... the roast beef sandwich is good, but their selection is way too limited.

Yes, I agree with you also, room service could be improved on GREATLY. Its just the knowing, that everytime I pick up the phone to order--I know someone will bring it to me!!! Talk about a lazy vacationer, LOL

Happy Cruising,

Seeker

Wow--it's hard to predict in advance which topics become multi-pagers! (for me--I have my preferences set to 40 posts per page).

Todd
(looking forward to more late-night pizza in Oct-Nov)

Just got off of the Elation and this was our after 2:00 am stop every night. De Chevre is the pizza with the goat cheese, mushrooms & roasted garlic. I don't like too much sauce, but there didn't taste like there was any on it when I ate it. I could have standed a bit more. My kids loved it though.

On the menu, it said the calzones had salami in it, so I was leary on trying it. I did finally and it was great! I never tasted salami, just pepperoni & sausage & cheese. Very good!

HI fergi's cruisin!!So how was your cruise??what date did u go on..well i have been on three cruises with carnival and i cant stay away from there pizza..lol but anyway this weekend(sunday july 18) i am going on the Elation!!Cant wait!!

~Kim

cruisekimmy-just got off this past Sunday (July 4-11). It was awesome! There were 10 of us together with 5 in my family. If you have any questions, I'll try and answer. I will also try and do a review soon. I am delirious looking at the mounds of dirty clothes I have to wash this week. I should have taken advantage of the laundry specials they had (ha ha).

Archived