Wine

Atlertx

I'm getting confusing answers on bringing my own wine. I would like to keep a bottle in my room but I would also like my own wine at my table. Do I bring a bottle with me to the dining room on the first night? Do I give it to the maitre'd or my waiter? I understand that there is a corking fee, and I understand that they will store it until it's empty. I read somewhere that you can't bring your own bottle to the dining room, if the wine you brought is on their wine list. This is the part that's confusing to me. Because if I like the wine on their list, and I paid $4.50 for it at Costco, then I'm sure buying it from the cruise line will cost me $30. Thanks

Give your unopened bottle of wine to your waiter. If you do not finish it, they will store it for you and bring it back to your table the next night.

The corkage is $15. Sometimes they charge this fee and sometimes they do not.

You can bring any bottle of wine you wish to the table even if it is on the wine list. I was told if the wine is on their list, there is no corkage.

Give your unopened bottle of wine to your waiter. If you do not finish it, they will store it for you and bring it back to your table the next night.

The corkage is $15. Sometimes they charge this fee and sometimes they do not.

You can bring any bottle of wine you wish to the table even if it is on the wine list. I was told if the wine is on their list, there is no corkage.

Can you bring as much wine as you want to on the ship...(like a case)? :confused:

I'm getting confusing answers on bringing my own wine. I would like to keep a bottle in my room but I would also like my own wine at my table. Do I bring a bottle with me to the dining room on the first night? Do I give it to the maitre'd or my waiter? I understand that there is a corking fee, and I understand that they will store it until it's empty. I read somewhere that you can't bring your own bottle to the dining room, if the wine you brought is on their wine list. This is the part that's confusing to me. Because if I like the wine on their list, and I paid $4.50 for it at Costco, then I'm sure buying it from the cruise line will cost me $30. Thanks

How much wine did you buy for the cruise?

Depends on what you read. Some documents now show a one bottle per person limit - but the "contract" with Princess still reads no limit. I think they would be hard pressed to go against the contract until they get it changed.

How much wine did you buy for the cruise?

We took a case on the CB last week. But there were 3 of us. Bought it in FLL, boxed it up, put a luggage tag on it and it was delivered with our luggage. Same with a case of bottled water. Learned that trick here.

We took a case on the CB last week. But there were 3 of us. Bought it in FLL, boxed it up, put a luggage tag on it and it was delivered with our luggage. Same with a case of bottled water. Learned that trick here.

We are leaving next Sat, but our flight does not get into FLL until @1pm, is there a place to buy it very close to the airport/port? I am checking with the airline to see if I can check a case with our lug. Did they charge you the cork fee everytime? What is the cheapest bottle of red on the menu? Sorry for all of the questions I have never cruised before...Thank you

Here is a "partial" list previously posted in another thread by Largin:

Enjoy...

Moet Chandon Brut $25.00 now $28.00

Mumm cordon Rouge $44.00 now $48.00

Veve Cliquot $50.00 now $56.00

Dom Perignon $115.00 now $165.00

Korbel Brut $22.00 now $24.00

Asti Spumante $22.00 now $26.00

Korbel Rose $25.00 now $28.00

Domaine Chandon Brut 28.00 now $34.00

Chardonnay Rosemount $26.00 now $28.00

Pouilly Fume $28.00 now $28.00

Pouilly Fuisse $32.00 now $32.00

Chablis Premier Cru $36.00 now $44.00

Chassagne Montrachet $44.00 now $56.00

Verdicchio Fazi Battaglia $22.00 now $24.00

Niersteiner $26.00 now $26.00

Piesporter Goldtropchen $26.00 now $26.00

Chardonnay Fetzer Valley Oaks $22.00 now $24.00

Chardonnay Wente $24.00 now $25.00

Chardonnay Kendall Jackson VR $28.00 now $30.00

Chardonnay Beringer $32.00 now $34.00

Chardonnay Cuvaison $34.00 now $38.00

Cabernet Sauvignon Rosemount $26.00 now $28.00

Shiraz Rosemount $27.00 now $29.00

Don Maximiano Reserve $69.00 now $69.00

Chateaunneuf du Pape $30.00 now $30.00

Gevery Chambertin $42.00 now $42.00

Chateau Talbot $85.00 now $92.00

Barolo Stefano Farina $38.00 now $42.00

Brunello di Montalcino $42.00 now $46.00

Luce della Vite $69.00 now $75.00

Ornellaia by Frescobaldi $125.00 now $138.00

Cabernet Sauvignon Kiara Reserve $22.00 now $24.00

Cabernet Sauvignon Wente $24.00 now $25.00

Cabernet Sauvignon Fetzer Valley Oaks $27.00 now $29.00

Cabernet Sauvignon Kendall Jackson VR $28.00 now $30.00

Cabernet Sauvignon Kenwood Jack London $29.00 now $45.00

Caymus Napa Valley $68.00 now $78.00

Cabernet Sauvignon R. Mondavi Reserve $109.00 now $125.00

Muriettas Well Meritage $42.00 now $44.00

Opus 1 $175.00 now $195.00

Merlot Fetzer Barrel Select $26.00 now $28.00

Merlot Kendal Jackson VR $28.00 now $30.00

Merlot Schug $44.00 now $56.00

Pinor Noir J Wine $42.00 now $44.00

Zinfandel Seghesio $28.00 now $35.00

Zinfandel Frogs Leap $36.00 now $42.00

Zinfandel Seghesio Old Wine $44.00 now $54.00

Caymus Special Selection $132.00 now $145.00

This is a partial listing...

We are leaving next Sat, but our flight does not get into FLL until @1pm, is there a place to buy it very close to the airport/port? I am checking with the airline to see if I can check a case with our lug. Did they charge you the cork fee everytime? What is the cheapest bottle of red on the menu? Sorry for all of the questions I have never cruised before...Thank you

Are you taking a cab to the ship from the airport? If so, have your cab swing by Total Wine & More. It's about 1/2 mile from the ship at Cordova and 17th (the terminal is on 17th) in a shopping center next to the Embassy Suites, so you should pass Cordova on the way to the ship. Great store. You can get a box there. You might even be able to pre-order and have it ready for pick-up. Total Wine & More - Fort Lauderdale : Store Info

We went next door to Publix for some tissue paper and tape, which you could pack in your suitcase if you want. Bubble wrap would even be better. Put some tissue around the bottles, taped it closed, put a luggage tag on it and away it went.

I think the whole week were charged a corkage fee once ....

Are you taking a cab to the ship from the airport? If so, have your cab swing by Total Wine & More. It's about 1/2 mile from the ship at Cordova and 17th (the terminal is on 17th) in a shopping center next to the Embassy Suites, so you should pass Cordova on the way to the ship. Great store. You can get a box there. You might even be able to pre-order and have it ready for pick-up. Total Wine & More - Fort Lauderdale : Store Info

We went next door to Publix for some tissue paper and tape, which you could pack in your suitcase if you want. Bubble wrap would even be better. Put some tissue around the bottles, taped it closed, put a luggage tag on it and away it went.

I think the whole week were charged a corkage fee once ....

Thank you, but we have booked Princess to take us from the airport to the terminal. Do you think they will stop? If not we will figure it out. I appreciate your help..:rolleyes:

Thank you, but we have booked Princess to take us from the airport to the terminal. Do you think they will stop? If not we will figure it out. I appreciate your help..:rolleyes:

no they will not, and if you can cancel (without charge) the Princess transfer, a cab will take you for alot less, and much faster (since they will not have to wait for the bus to fill)...and your cab can stop at the store for your wine...that is a "win-win" situation.

no they will not, and if you can cancel (without charge) the Princess transfer, a cab will take you for alot less, and much faster (since they will not have to wait for the bus to fill)...and your cab can stop at the store for your wine...that is a "win-win" situation.

Who do I cancel through, the travel agent or Princess? Will they refund our money? We got talked into it incase our flight was delayed.

Sailing on Island Princess in Nov and have also purchased transfers with Princess. Would like to buy wine in San Pedro and wondering if cab from LAX to San Pedro with stop for wine would be possible. Anyone able to give me a guess at cab fare from LAX arriving 10:10 a.m on a Tuesday to San Pedro. Thanks for any tips.

Who do I cancel through, the travel agent or Princess? Will they refund our money? We got talked into it incase our flight was delayed.

Another thing about Princess transfer from airport to pier: The bus will likely not take you to the cruise terminal immediately upon your arrival. They wait for other anticipated arriving passengers. Sometimes the wait can be 15-20 minutes, sometimes an hour or more.

I think it's safe to say that you can collect your luggage, get a taxi, stop at a wine store, and arrive at the cruise terminal long before the Princess transfer would get you there! More time for you to enjoy the ship :) .

Bon Voyage!

Chris

I agree ... we were "talked into" the Princess transfers too .... I didn't know you could cancel, otherwise I would have. The airport is probably 10 mintues from the dock (you can literally see the ships from the Delta terminal). If your plane is late, a cab would still be faster. Heck, I think walking would be faster!! Plus, the waiting in the old, gross Greyhound buses ... no thanks. And, the buses cannot stop in front of the terminals for TSA purposes, so you have to schlep your luggage quite a distance to get to the bus, and ....

look what you've started .... :eek: Let's just say, our TA's getting "a talkin'" to. She's usually great, so I'm not sure why she booked us transfers.

Danda, if you can't cancel, you probably could still have time to get to the terminal and check in. Then go back out of the terminal and grab a cab. The store can't be but 5 minutes from the ship. Remember to bring a luggage tag. Have the cabbie drop you back off where the bus did, give the box to the porter (w/ a tip) and go straight to the gangway. There's also a large Walgreen's on the corner right across from the terminal ... not sure about their selection, though.

Sailing on Island Princess in Nov and have also purchased transfers with Princess. Would like to buy wine in San Pedro and wondering if cab from LAX to San Pedro with stop for wine would be possible. Anyone able to give me a guess at cab fare from LAX arriving 10:10 a.m on a Tuesday to San Pedro. Thanks for any tips.

I don't know what a cab would run, but I'm sure they'd stop. Off hand, I can't think of a place in San Pedro, other than a regular liquor store. Others may know. You might consider a car service from LAX. They're a dime a dozen out here and they'll give you an online quote. Sometimes, it's cheaper than a cab b/c it's a flat rate. Just do a google. Usually the fare includes gratuity. And, the driver meets you at the luggage carousel, rather than having to flag one down in the street.

Based on the sage advice from the folks here a few years ago I called our TA and cancelled our transfers - saved money and got to the ship a LOT faster. But we hadn't gone past final payment date yet - not sure if that matters - can't believe it would.

Here is a "partial" list previously posted in another thread by Largin:

Enjoy...

Moet Chandon Brut $25.00 now $28.00

Mumm cordon Rouge $44.00 now $48.00

Veve Cliquot $50.00 now $56.00

Dom Perignon $115.00 now $165.00

Korbel Brut $22.00 now $24.00

Asti Spumante $22.00 now $26.00

Korbel Rose $25.00 now $28.00

Domaine Chandon Brut 28.00 now $34.00

Chardonnay Rosemount $26.00 now $28.00

Pouilly Fume $28.00 now $28.00

Pouilly Fuisse $32.00 now $32.00

Chablis Premier Cru $36.00 now $44.00

Chassagne Montrachet $44.00 now $56.00

Verdicchio Fazi Battaglia $22.00 now $24.00

Niersteiner $26.00 now $26.00

Piesporter Goldtropchen $26.00 now $26.00

Chardonnay Fetzer Valley Oaks $22.00 now $24.00

Chardonnay Wente $24.00 now $25.00

Chardonnay Kendall Jackson VR $28.00 now $30.00

Chardonnay Beringer $32.00 now $34.00

Chardonnay Cuvaison $34.00 now $38.00

Cabernet Sauvignon Rosemount $26.00 now $28.00

Shiraz Rosemount $27.00 now $29.00

Don Maximiano Reserve $69.00 now $69.00

Chateaunneuf du Pape $30.00 now $30.00

Gevery Chambertin $42.00 now $42.00

Chateau Talbot $85.00 now $92.00

Barolo Stefano Farina $38.00 now $42.00

Brunello di Montalcino $42.00 now $46.00

Luce della Vite $69.00 now $75.00

Ornellaia by Frescobaldi $125.00 now $138.00

Cabernet Sauvignon Kiara Reserve $22.00 now $24.00

Cabernet Sauvignon Wente $24.00 now $25.00

Cabernet Sauvignon Fetzer Valley Oaks $27.00 now $29.00

Cabernet Sauvignon Kendall Jackson VR $28.00 now $30.00

Cabernet Sauvignon Kenwood Jack London $29.00 now $45.00

Caymus Napa Valley $68.00 now $78.00

Cabernet Sauvignon R. Mondavi Reserve $109.00 now $125.00

Muriettas Well Meritage $42.00 now $44.00

Opus 1 $175.00 now $195.00

Merlot Fetzer Barrel Select $26.00 now $28.00

Merlot Kendal Jackson VR $28.00 now $30.00

Merlot Schug $44.00 now $56.00

Pinor Noir J Wine $42.00 now $44.00

Zinfandel Seghesio $28.00 now $35.00

Zinfandel Frogs Leap $36.00 now $42.00

Zinfandel Seghesio Old Wine $44.00 now $54.00

Caymus Special Selection $132.00 now $145.00

This is a partial listing...

Can you pre order off this list?

45-55 dollars. you should be able to arrange a car service for little more. tip your driver and he/she will take you to a liquor store. go to one in Westchester (the neighborhood immediately next to LAX. a great community.) other areas on the way to san pedro and san pedro itself not for wandering about in if you are not familiar.

Archived