Need Diet Buddies on WW

robinsub

Hello again, I don't have much time online, but i just wanted to thank you for your encouraging words.

Do you notice that when you decide to change the way you eat, that all you think about is food. That's how I've been since posting the message. Tomorrow I am going to make a menu, that will be my first step.

Thanks again,

Vicki

Yes, it does appear that all I think about is food! and of course, taking my first cruise in December! But, eventually..it does seem to get easier..its now been since the first week in May for me..and I have learned to calculate points and remember what is good and bad..as if I didn't already! YIKES.. But..keep on the right track! Phillis

Well I weighed in yesterday again and lost .8

Is there anyone else out there that only loses approx. .6 per week?? I seem to lose .6 consistently - this is rather slow isn't it?

I am with you Zebra, I am affectionately known as the .2 queen! I lost 22 pounds in 1999, and have kept off most of it, but it took me 6 months:rolleyes:. So when you are talking about .6, just remember that is over 1/2 pound:D. It may be slow, but will stay off for the most part. Just remember to journal - that's about the only thing that works for me. Good luck, and hang in there. Marilyn

Hi All! I just found this board and have been trying to read everyone's advice and questions, but haven't quite made it through all of them, so excuse me if I'm repeating what someone else has already said.

I've lost and gained and lost and gained the same 10 pounds forever. No matter how I try and how much exercise I do, I average a pound a week. I do think exercising makes a big difference in appearance, and that's what really counts.

But the point I really want to make is: Don't go crazy eating on the ship! The temptation is so great and after you've been dieting, it's very easy to tell yourself, "It's okay, I'm on vacation." BIG MISTAKE. I did that on my last cruise and gained back 6 of the 10 pounds I lost! That was in May, and I'm still struggling to get it off.

We're getting ready for another cruise in September, and I'm trying to really buckle down and follow the plan. But this time, I'm not going to go bonkers at the buffet!

Good luck to everyone, and have a great cruise!

Marly

I've been on weight watchers online since March. I've lost 18 lbs., but have struggled the last month playing the roller coaster game!

The one good thing is when I went from 1 week to the next and gained 10 lbs, (a week I thought I had done great on) sent me go to the doctor. I found out my hypothyroid had ballooned and was above a TSH of 10. Started a new dosage and I'm doing better. I've lost 5 pounds since, but then next 5 seem to be very stubborn.

I would really like to lose at least 25 to 30 lbs before my cruise in February.

I'll need lots of encouragement.

Pam

Welcome marly and Got2bsunny..you can do this...we all can. There are some terrific people on this thread who are all in the same situation as yourselves...we'll help, just ask.

How is everyone doing? Staying within your points and walking? I'm still dreaming about Big Macs, anyone got a cure for that, other than eating it? I read somewhere that in order to work off a Big Mac and Fries with a diet soda..that you would have to walk approximately 8 miles to rid yourself of the calories consumed in the meal...I'm not sure if I want to walk that far!!

Have a great week everyone and think positively!

Wow, I just found this site. I am so excited! I have been doing WW on and off for a couple of year. It is definately the best program for me. I couldn't imagine Atkins. The most important thing for me is to journal. Also, since I am a chocoholic having my chocolate ice cream is very important to me. I find that when I am starting over again I am much better off with bars or sandwiches because they are premeasured. You can't cheat and add a little more.

I had to buy new clothes for my cruise last Nov. but now they are kinda snug so I have to get moving again so they fit for my cruise in Sept. It's amazing how those pounds just creep up when I'm not watching what I eat.

It has taken me some time to find all the old threads I liked from the "old boards."

I have been following WW since 2001; my initial loss was 38 lbs and then another 10 last year. I'm currently struggeling to get 5 of those back off. I really is amazing how fast they can creep back on when you let youur guard down. Or perhaps I should say when you put your pen down and stop your journel.

A little support can go a long way. Let's see if I can lose a half a pound this week, it would give me that boost to keep with it, again!

Kathy - I'm so glad you speak of half a pound, because that's typically what I lose per week. But today I weighed in and lost 1.2 - I'm so excited!! I've now lost 24 lbs in 4 and a half months, not earth shattering, but I feel so much better and I'm starting to look better. Gone down a dress size or two!!

Have you all heard about the new WW plan that's being launched on 8/22. That's all I know - no specifics, unless someone here has the inside scoop??? Let us know, please.

"Have you all heard about the new WW plan that's being launched on 8/22. That's all I know - no specifics, unless someone here has the inside scoop??? Let us know, please"

No but I belong to WW online. I'll keep checking on there.

So..has anyone found out yet about this new plan? And how is everyone doing this week? I asked on of my coworkers who does our plan online and she didn't know anything, but will also check? Interesting...I wonder how this awesome program can be improved? Well keep exercising and watch your points...I weighed 2 less lbs today...keep up the terrific work everyone!!

Hello all....well, I weighed in on Tues & gained 4 lbs.That Carnival Glory sure had good food. I'm proud to say that i'm on program & staying on it, I feel so much better eating the proper foods & excercising. I have set a new goal for myself....we are going to Disney & then going on the Glory again in Feb, i'm comitted to lose 20 more lbs....will keep you updated. I have no idea about the new w/w program????? Keep losing, Lynne

Hi all! :)

I've been doing WW since January of this year, and have lost 19.4lbs. I know, not a huge amount, but I would prefer to lose it slowly & safely, and teach my body new eating habits, than lose it fast & gain it right back. Even though it's been a slow road, I really love WW. I've reached my 10% & just spoke with my leader last night about my goal weight. I said I thought another 13lbs, she reckons 5lbs then see how I look & feel. I guess that might be more realistic for me.

So I'm going on a cruise in a week!! Wahooo! Last time I went on a cruise was at the beginning of April (on HAL Oosterdam) & I think I gained about 3lbs, but I didn't exercise once & I didn't track points at all! :rolleyes: So I have very good intentions for this cruise. I'm taking my journal with me, as well as my activity point slider thing. Told DH that I would like us to get up early most mornings & walk on the deck for at least 30 mins or go work out in the gym on an elipticle (sp?) machine. I figure if I track more, & get some exercise I am going to do fine. :)

Good luck all! Oh, and what is the buzz about the changes on August 22nd?! Our leader just told us to "keep an open mind... and think of it as more of an enhancement than a change"?! She did say nothing will change that much that we could still do WW the way we are doing it right now. But now I am curious & I'll be away when it starts, so will have to wait a whole week to find out!!

~Sharon~

Ok...this is what I found out today at our meeting. I was talking to our leader about the fact that I sort-of combine SugarBusters, and low-carb eating into my WW program by using whole wheat pastas, etc. She told me that based on that info, I will love the new plan! She said, "I am a points girl myself, but I am excited about incorporating something new, just like starting fresh." (end of quote) Sounds like we might be able to continue with points, but will have some new options as to our eating program. What do y'all think? P.S. I'm 3 lbs. away from my 10% and 7 weeks away from my cruise! I also started walking this week since the kids started school and am averaging 3 miles/day (Mon.-Fri). Wish me luck on losing another 20lbs./2 clothes sizes by D-day! :eek:

Thanks for all your supportive advice! :)

Deana

Actually just remembered that our leader also said "don't worry, it has nothing to do with low carb stuff". Hmmmm... what could it be?!

Now I do know that our leader had told us about 5 weeks ago that WW is planning on bring out cake slices. There would be 6 slices in a pack & they are rectangular fingers. The flavors she mentioned were carrot cake & chocolate cake. She also said they were going to sell mini chocolate muffins (I think in the freezer section). She brought it up because I mentioned about all these WW products I saw when I was on vacation in England.

Wonder if they are unveiling a bunch of new WW products we can buy in the supermarket? That would be the best!

If anyone is interested this is the UK ww website with all their products:

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/food/fdb/index.aspx

(you can click on the foods under the different categories)

The yoghurts for 1pt were really very good, as were the soups, rice sticks, pre-packed sandwiches, and flapjacks (kind of like chewy oat bars).

~Sharon~

Thanks...NJsharon! Good info...but they sound a little unsure themselves! ;) Can't wait to find out...even though I seem to be doing well on the points plan(-18lbs so far; ~45lbs to go)...just need the discipline to journal more!

Thanks again!

Deana

Cruisereddy you right on all counts, the new plan is flexible, and very freeing. If you do great on the points plan, you can continue that and tweek it a little if you want. I am also here to report new food items in the stores. You will love them! I am a receptionist, and sworn to secrecy like everyone else, but can tell you I have tried some of the new products and enjoyed them very much. Wait till you try the new recipes too! They are great. We have had the new program for a while so we can try it and then tell you how it is. You will be pleased:) with the changes. Keep up your good work all. I have been reading how encouraging you all are. Stay to your points, journal, and add some exercise. Make sure you go to your meeting the week of the 22nd if at all possible to check out the new program. It will be easy to follow once you have the materials and hear it in the meeting. Keep up the good work, and be a bunch of losers:D!

The improvements..could they possibly include more chocolate items? Today..has been difficult..would really like some M & M's..its a good thing there a none in the house! This thread is cool...where else can you be called a loser and thats a good thing! I can't wait to see the new food items in the stores..it will probably take forever here in Maine, we seem to be always the last ones to see new things!! Maybe if I complain to our local grocery store..they would move faster! I've been reading all your posts..you guys are all awesome...I wonder what the total weight loss would be if we combined? Interesting...maybe we should calculate once everyone gets closer to their goals! Have a great week everyone!

Helllllllllooooooooooo, fellow WW-ers!

I just started (back) on July 15th after four years of binge behavior and 50 extra pounds.

I've lost 10 lbs. in five weeks...and I cruise on August 29th on the Elation out of Galveston.

Best wishes to all of us in our efforts to stay OP, earn AP, and FLEX our muscles!

I am also here to report new food items in the stores. You will love them! I am a receptionist, and sworn to secrecy like everyone else, but can tell you I have tried some of the new products and enjoyed them very much.QUOTE]

Woohoooo!! Now I am really looking forward to that! I was just blown away by how many WW product they had in England & I'm extremely jealous. I do like sweet things to munch on, but normally try to stick to 1pt items or 2pts for a treat. It made it easy in England with the 1pt yoghurts & cake slices though. At the moment I eat fresh fruit, dole fruit cups, ww choc pops, or sometimes those WOW bars that are 2pts as my main sweet treats.

Counting down the days until my cruise! But also peeved it will be that week that I am away that all this excitement is happening!! I just might have to spend the money to go online on the ship to access the WW site just to see what the scoop is! lol

~Sharon~

I am joining WW tomorrow at work. I am a life time member to WW, haven't put all my weight back on, but I am starting to, so work offered WW, I was thrilled. Would like to loose 25 pounds by my cruises in March.

I am looking forward to this board for helpful hints from my fellow WW's.

Archived