Does Princess hate Chocolate!?!

WK-Orlando

After many trips on Princess, I have come to the conclusion that they have a company policy against chocolate... :eek:

Almost never have a chocolate desert short of ice cream (not very good at that) and among all of the fancy deserts almost never one for chocolate lovers. Have taken to bringing it with me or mooching extras bits off the cabin steward at night... :cool:

There is chocolate cake on the room service list but it always seems dry and not very tasty.

Choco-holics unite!!! :mad: And tell Princess that we will not be denied!!!

WK

Have you not tried the Love Boat Dream? Possibly the most decadent, richest chocolate dessert I've ever had ... to die for! And don't forget the chocolates on the pillows, hot chocolate with whip cream from International Cafe (on the Crown anyway) ... I also had chocolate cheesecake, chocolate cream pie and chocolate ice cream on my cruise.

My chocolate-loving husband had something chocolate nearly every night on our last cruise and the Rocky Road offered twice was really, really good ice cream. And my students loved all the little chocolates left on the pillows. Personally, I think Princess owns stock in acne medications...

Charlie

After many trips on Princess, I have come to the conclusion that they have a company policy against chocolate... :eek:

WK

Your kidding us, right? What other cruise lines/hotel are you comparing to?

Your kidding us, right? What other cruise lines/hotel are you comparing to?

Maybe Carnival. Each cruise that I have gone on has more and more chocolate deserts. The chocolate buffet, served in the afternoon of the last sea day has now become something worthy of accolades!

On my last cruise, they added a station where they dip any type of fruit into liquid chocolate (like apples), along with my favorite- white or dark chocolate with pistachio nuts.

I will say that on the Island Princess for the Holidays I was hard pressed to find a decent slice of chocolate cake. I agree that the cake they had was dry & flavorless. Missed the Love Boad Dream in the dining room.... but I do agree with the OP to an extent. Most of the chocolate desserts that I did try weren't great. I was QUITE surprised. Then again, I tend to be a chocolate snob. :)

OK, gang, you've piqued my interest. I'm a newbie to Princess (Star 12/30/06). What, pray tell, is the Love Boat Dream? And I want you to describe it verrrrry slowwwwly.

Kathy's First Rule of Gastronomy: If it ain't chocolate, it ain't dessert (with an occasional exception made for creme brulee or apple pie).

Kathy

OK, gang, you've piqued my interest. I'm a newbie to Princess (Star 12/30/06). What, pray tell, is the Love Boat Dream? And I want you to describe it verrrrry slowwwwly.

Kathy's First Rule of Gastronomy: If it ain't chocolate, it ain't dessert (with an occasional exception made for creme brulee or apple pie).

Kathy

The Love Boat Dream is a total chocolate dessert that is like having a chocolate 'rush' to your brain. It has to be the richest chocolate dessert I have ever tried, and I love chocolate.

We have never had a problem with finding tons of chocolate desserts on Princess in 17 cruise with them. Not sure which ships the OP has sailed on, but we have been on all but a couple of the Princess ships and have always found tons of chocolate onboard. Maybe we know where to look, not sure, but it is there.

We had this "absolutely-to-die-for" chocolate mousse cake they served us in the dining room for our anniversary. I thought my husband was going to go into chocolate shock :D (he doesn't eat many sweets). He LOVED it.

For me, it was equivalent to a weeks worth of chocolate! :eek:

Believe it or not...that does NOT distress me. I'm highly "alergic" to chocolate.(intensive care allergic) In most cases I have to bypass dessert because they all have chocolate. When cruising I often have to ask the waiter to find me something besides ice-cream that isn't dusted, topped or sprayed with chocolate....so this makes me very happy.

For instance...(my daughter is allergic to strawberries) At a bridal shower this past weekend I predicted that neither of us would be able to eat the cake...and I was right. It was a chocolate cake with a scoop of ice-cream smothered in strawberry syrup.

Hopefully Princess will have enough desserts with neither chocolate nor strawberries....my daughter will be coming on the cruise with us on our March cruise on the CB. Heaven help our waiter!

Happy cruising!

I like your rule but if it were mine, I would like to add Cheesecake; you know to broaden the horizons.:)

I like your rule but if it were mine, I would like to add Cheesecake; you know to broaden the horizons.:)

Or better yet, chocolate cheesecake...mmmm...

I'm a big chocolate person too, but I've never had a problem finding a chocolate dessert. Probably my favorite Princess dessert is the chocolate hazelnut souffle.

For the person allergic to chocolate and/or strawberries, there's almost always cobblers or fruit pies or creme brulees without chocolate or strawberries on the menu. You might have problems, though, with the garnishing they do, since often the garnishing is drizzled chocolate syrup or a sliced strawberry. But I bet if you explain to your waiters that you're allergic, they'll be able to get you something that won't cause you an allergic reaction. They definitely don't want someone stopping breathing in their dining room, anymore than you want to stop breathing!

Hopefully Princess will have enough desserts with neither chocolate nor strawberries....my daughter will be coming on the cruise with us on our March cruise on the CB. Heaven help our waiter!

This will be easy to do. DH doesn't like chocolate and he loved all of the desserts that he had. The cheesecakes were all good. I had a apple tart pie thing that was awesome, but didn't see again although I looked daily for it. Enjoy!

We have never had any problems with chocolate,or lack of it. In fact on the third day of our last cruise, as a protest at dinner to the disgusting liquid that Princess insists on calling coffee, my wife and I ordered, and received, a pot of hot chocolate each evening for the remainder of the cruise.:) john

Kathy

Googled this up...

Loveboat_Dream.jpg

Archived