meal options

can all 3 meals either be eaten in the dining room or the windjammer?

Sometimes they'll close the main dining room at lunch while in port, depending on the cruise, but for the most part, the answer is YES...

In the Dining Room, you'll have an assigned table for dinner, but the other two meals are "open seating"...

Personally, I prefer to eat as often as possible in the Dining Room...the service is great and it's a far more elegant experience...I only eat in the Windjammer Buffet first day lunch when boarding the ship (Dining Room not yet open), when the Dining Room is closed or when I need a quick breakfast to head out to an early shore excursion...

Have fun...

We prefer eating in the dining room whenever possible--less chance of someone's dirty, germy hands in the food! (I'm not much on buffets!). In the dining room, they serve you on tables with tablecloths! In windjammer, you have to carry plates, drinks, etc.... and look for a table that's not crumby or wet! Windjammer is ok, if you're at the pool, and just want to grab a quick something, but the dining room is more my style!

My "in-my-head-reply" to the the OP was also "Yes." :D

You know it's interesting, on our past cruises we have never eaten breakfast in the DR. Twice we've eaten lunch there and always dinner, but I think our next cruise, we may take more meals in the DR. Hubby loves his bacon and sausage, and I'm sure he can get that in the DR. I love Eggs Benny - hopefully they offer that as well?

My "in-my-head-reply" to the the OP was also "Yes." :D

You know it's interesting, on our past cruises we have never eaten breakfast in the DR. Twice we've eaten lunch there and always dinner, but I think our next cruise, we may take more meals in the DR. Hubby loves his bacon and sausage, and I'm sure he can get that in the DR. I love Eggs Benny - hopefully they offer that as well?

Yes, they definitely have eggs benedict in the dining room. I too prefer to take all my meals in the dining room. I've actually found that for breakfast the dining room is usually just as quick as the windjammer.

Archived