Bahamas vs Caribbean

I agree with CB Nassau does suck, if you go there plan on finding an excursion to do. But with that said if the price is right it is certainly worth the trip and with the money saved that can buy a nice excursion or a few drinks. Plus I think all NCCL ships go to CoCo Cay- which is worth the trip.

Which of the cruises have you enjoyed the most

planning my first ever cruise this

many thanks Medical

what sucks about it? :confused: Being this will be my first cruise, being on the ship is more important to me than the ports.

Nassua does not suck. You just need to know where to go. Hit the Nassua board. There are a ton of great places. :D

Oh and I just saw this thread is way old....duh

Nassua does not suck. You just need to know where to go. Hit the Nassua board. There are a ton of great places. :D

Oh and I just saw this thread is way old....duh

I was reasons the post not looking at the dates then I see choosing between Sovereign which was my 1st cruise ship & Majesty and was like WTH???? This is old! On that 1st cruise I liked Nassau. I didn't see all the bad things people was posting about back then!

Have always found something fun to do for a while, have rode a bus every where, never a problem or felt unsafe. We found the prices for eating are outrageous, but a trip, bus or walk to the Fish Fry and the place made famous by the Cooking Channel, is very good, but we like sea food and especially conch fritter, salad, ceviche, chowder etc. Yes, we saw drug dealers, but hell you can find them out side Disney World and most likely on the main street in your home town.

Thanks for all your help! This is such an awesome board!

Anyway, I'm trying to decide between Enchantment which goes to Key West and Cozumel and either Sovereign or Majesty which goes to Nassau and Cococay (Majesty makes an extra stop at Key West). Enchantment is quite a bit more expensive. I actually think my son (17) would have more to do on Sovereign or Majesty....yes? And the price is screaming....book me! lol

If your 17 yr old is anything like mine he will love it and spend most of his time in the teen lounge. You do need to get him to go the first night because that is when the friendships start. If you wait a few days the kids already have groups formed. There will be a time for the teens to meet the first night. it will be in the paper they give you when you board or in your cabin. they usually have theme nights. Im not sure how many themes they fit in for the teens on a 4 nighter but on all the ones we have been on they have a pajama party one night so make sure you pack pajama bottoms (my son just wears a tee for the top) or sweats. they sometimes have a black light party so bring a white shirt. The white shirt is also good for the last day if you bring permanant marker the kids will all sign the shirt. I know the longer cruises (7 0r more days) have a prom the last night - its not a real fancy dress afair.

This is great. A thread started in 2006, bumped in 2008, and then again in 2013 and the bottom line, Nassau still sucks... kidding, just kidding. :D

Oh, no :eek:. Should we not venture off the ship? It's our first visit and we're not entirely sure what to do in Nassau :confused:.

Which of the cruises have you enjoyed the most

planning my first ever cruise this

many thanks Medical

I know you just posted this to ask a question. Congratulations on your first cruise!!! And awesome that you did your research first!!

I only go to the Bahamas to Dive. It's not worth anything much more than that. The Caribbean is much better for the price.

Just FYI, this thread being so old may confuse some people so feel free to start a new one if it gets too out of hand.

And good luck!! :D

Oh, no :eek:. Should we not venture off the ship? It's our first visit and we're not entirely sure what to do in Nassau :confused:.

I have been to Nassau more times than I can remember and I'll be there again in July, so it must not be that bad. Yes!! Get off the ship! :D

Check out the Bahamas board for lots of info on Nassau

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

I am choosing between these

http://www.webfuzions.com/royalsuitespa/index.html

Or the British Colonial Hilton for the day MANY pictures!

http://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+of+the+british+colonial+hilton+nassau+bahamas&hl=en&rlz=1T4ADSA_enUS509US509&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=5MA_UeHpEIuD0QGohoDoBQ&ved=0CEQQsAQ&biw=1093&bih=476

No, no, Nassau is fine.

Ignore all of these old, jaded cruisers.

If you have not been to Nassau before, it's a lot of fun and a great port.

As suggested, visit the Bahamas forum for more information.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

It is just that it is a port stop on so many cruises that even if you have only been on, say, 8 cruises, you may have been to Nassau 8 times! :eek:

Archived