Seabourn New Ships Poll!

what's your wish list of features for the new ships?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. what's your wish list of features for the new ships?

• boutique restaurant helmed by celebrity chef
    • bigger staterooms with more elaborate bathrooms
    • sports platform with kayaks, scuba, etc.
    • dedicated facility for enrichment (computer classes, etc.)
    • ballroom
    • more elaborate spa and fitness facilities

The question is focused on physical things and I don't care about those. I do care about the personalized service, interesting ports and excursions and the wonderful passengers. That's all I need.

East Coast Jane

I actually liked the small Yachts of Seabourn...something different in the market, but if they go bigger and better there have to be inovations!

- 1st replace those UGLY plastic chairs from the outside decks and make it more like into a outside Lounge, grouped around a central pool area!

- Different dining venues from super formal with Crystal and Silver Service to a informal Sushi & Sandwhich Bar! More like a resort, where you have as well more possibilities to eat!

- Nightlife on the Yachts of Seabourn was not very interesting as well, maybe a small modern Lounge, which transforms in a ultra chic Nightclub/Disco in the night time.

- Defenitely a better variety of Suites with modern amenities and Spa Bathrooms, a real table/chairs to have room service, it would be even lovely, to have them seperated (living & sleeping area).

- Real Spa and Gym with better amenities!

This are my ideas for now....I bet there will be many more...

Sneakerstud--I humbly disagree that Seabourn needs to include a Moghtclub/Disco. Repeat Seabournites seem to like the Club for late night entertainment and would be appaled by a disco. Also I like the idea of all suites having the same layout--and the curtain can be used to separate living and sleeping areas. I do agree that different dining choices would be nice, in the form of larger veranda and sky grill areas, where sandwiches are currently available. Surely there is enough food available "as is".

Winnie

Doug:

My point is that there is no similarity between the Navigator and the triplets. There is no similarity in their interiors. There is no similarity in their profiles. Nothing.

If you want to talk profiles, the new ships are actually very similar to the triplets..most probably by intention...Which brings up another point for all those "Seabourn will dump the triplets" fans: Why would Seabourn design new ships to compliment the older ones just so the older ones can become part of another line.

I think there is a plan here and it has nothing to do with what other lines have done.

My point is that there is no similarity between the Navigator and the triplets.

This is true.

If you want to talk profiles, the new ships are actually very similar to the triplets..

Absolutely... The funnels in particular, and the forward superstructure are very much in the style of the triplets.

Why would Seabourn design new ships to compliment the older ones just so the older ones can become part of another line.

I'm not saying they'll sell the triplets - I have no idea whether they will or won't (and they might not know yet either), but most cruise lines do have a tendency to build new ships that have styling cues from their older ships. It's part of their brand identity.

Awed,

I should check your spelling of Seabourn

Perhaps my signature is now a bit more up to date....Before they sold to Carnival is it possible the line itself spelled it SEABOURNE ???..Just curious. or SEABORNE ???

Doug:

I have a clue ;) and the triplets are staying.

There are many Seabourners that love them and really don't want to cruise on larger ships or feel a need for balconies. I have to say that while I love a balcony and some other facilities (like a larger spa), the yachtiness of the triplets is really very appealing.

Before they sold to Carnival is it possible the line itself spelled it SEABOURNE ???..Just curious. or SEABORNE ???

No, it's always been Seabourn.

Well, not always... Originally it was Signet Cruise Line. But by the time the first ship entered service, it was Seabourn, because apparently the Signet name had been trademarked by someone else.

Doug,

You are correct!! Seabourn orginally was: "Signet Cruise Line,"

but Signet Oil Co., based in San Antonio, Texas objected to their

using their name....threatened to sue......sooo we became SEABOURN!

I think it's a beautiful name~~~~and fitting!

Martita

Seabourn orginally was: "Signet Cruise Line,"[/font]

but Signet Oil Co., based in San Antonio, Texas objected to their

using their name....threatened to sue......

I think they were really just after a lifetime of free cruises ;) !

"Seabourn" is a nice name though I must admit that people do sometimes get a bit confused between Seabourn, SeaDream and Silversea, all "S" names with "Sea" in them and competing in the same market!

Of course Seabourn was the first of the three but before them there was Sea Goddess!

Wow!!! I go away for 1 week on a "host" cruise, and look what happens! :)

(Sound familiar Host Doug?) ;)

Welcome Home Dan and all the other Hosts :) !

Fortunately, this time it is good news that happened while you were away, and I'm happy to share in it!

Yes Doug, its incredible news (although many of us knew about it for at least a year, but never "official")

A "Host Cruise" is when as many Cruisecritic Hosts cruise together as a small group! GREAT time, but what happens on a Host cruise STAYS on a Host cruise~! ;)

Host Dan

Yes Doug, its incredible news (although many of us knew about it for at least a year, but never "official")

I'd heard the rumors too of course, but a rumor is just a rumor until it actually comes true :) .

So' date=' is a host cruise a "frre-bee" offered by the cruise lines, or, something less?[/quote']

No, definitely not free - it's just when the Hosts all decide to go on a cruise together (and pay for it).

I don't think we've ever had one attended by every Host - it's pretty hard to find a time when everyone can go. (I couldn't go this time.) Besides, someone has to stay home and mind the boards!

Sneakerstud--I humbly disagree that Seabourn needs to include a Moghtclub/Disco. Repeat Seabournites seem to like the Club for late night entertainment and would be appaled by a disco. Also I like the idea of all suites having the same layout--and the curtain can be used to separate living and sleeping areas. I do agree that different dining choices would be nice, in the form of larger veranda and sky grill areas, where sandwiches are currently available. Surely there is enough food available "as is".

Winnie

If they want to establish a market they have to offer new things and a lounge/club is nothing negative! I like the club upstairs myself for a nice Cognac, but there has to be more then just piano entertainment on a 2 week cruise. The group of people sailing Seabourn will change, soon or later...which no means worst clientele! I'm in my upper 30s, love the good things in live and sail the oceans 6* minimum 4 times a year.

I never want to be the Yachts ultra modern and bumbing, but they need to have a varaiety of venues, to fill the bigger ships up. With bigger ships you have as well a bigger mix of clientele! And with just one Piano Bar as nightly entertainment, you just NOT do this anymore on a new build!

The times change!

I agree with SneakerStud. The entertainment in the Club tends to be a bit dull and repetitive and when the "Talent" that does the shows is bad, there really isn't much left. I'll be excited to see what entertainment options we'll have on the new bigger sisters.

I'm shocked that we have not had more comments about pool location. The location of the pool on the existing Seabourn ships is lousy. The pool locations on the old Sea Goddess and Silversea are much better. The pool location should be a fun area, not just a "wet spot" to look at on the way to the Terrace dining area. One of the few highlights we have had on our Silversea cruises, was when the lovely female dance team--in their bikini's, challenged a group of older gentleman to a volleyball game in the pool. On the Sea Goddess, on many trips, a group from the waitstaff would jump in the pool in full uniform, and serve caviar and vodka to passengers sitting around the edge of the pool. Not quite "Caviar in the Surf"--but lots of fun. A well located pool would be a great improvement!

As I said before, it would be nice to have the pool included in a lounge area, with big Balinese beds and comfi lounge chairs and nice table arrangements, where you can eat out. Just classy and hip!

By the way...I loved the Sea Goddess Pool too, did I ever mention, that one Bar Tender pulled my Swim Trunks down and took em away...LOL!!! What fun those 2 little Yachts have been...bust as well it's time for something new and better!

Archived