New Site for Viewing

Leslieswiger

Thank you, thank you!:) Great Site...first time on HAL....nice to see all the public rooms up close!!!....Now, I will have to figure out which lounge I like the best:D ....I like the look of the Piano Bar....will definitley check it out!

I went to check out the two cruises I have planned - RSSC Gauguin in September and HAL Westerdam next Feb...

For the Gauguin - they show incorrect photos, including a hot tub (there isn't one) and an odd deck with lots of shade (The Gauguin's only poor point is it's lack of shade) and the real top deck looks nothing like their photo. Also doesn't mention RSSC's free air program.

On the Westerdam, the decks are correct but none of the photos or 360 degree pix are correct. The reviews are apparently of the old Westerdam. Also, when I input towards my cruise, it first said my PS cabin would be $5000 for a single, then when I got a couple steps further, it was $11,000+ ... and they tried to say the cabin I've already booked is still open. I can understand they're trying to say that HAL won't discount for a single, but that price is still over $3000 more than I paid.

It looks ok, but buyer beware and do more in-depth investigation before believing all you see. ;)

Thulewx - the photos are of the NEW Westerdam, but you are right - the 360 pix and reviews are definitely of the old Westerdam.

Friend's daughter and her husband were on the ship a couple of weeks ago doing the Baltic cruise and they said it was beautiful so new and fresh looking. They had a Suite (S) which was lovely and all the amenities that go with it. We were so glad to hear this as we are sailing the Westerdam at Christmas in an SS. Having sailed the old one a number of times, we are looking forward to seeing the "new kid on the block". :)

Matt - "ummm, did they make a mistake?I thought SS did NOT get all of these amenities!"

I saw that also, but if you read the description carefully it says "MAY" have these amenities etc. etc.. I don't think we get them in an SS.

Dear Thulewx,

When ever I see your thread, it brings back memories of Thule,Greenland.

We use to fly in when we started our six weeks across the Dew Line.:eek:

Admiral Martin (president of Federal Electric Corporation) myself and others, use to buy champagnes for as low as $8.00USD pb at the BX.:D

Wonder why I am hooked on good champagnes.:rolleyes:

Have a great day in Thule:)

ummm, did they make a mistake? I thought SS did NOT get all of these amenities! :eek:

Superior Verandah Suite

Deck: Navigation, Upper Verandah, Verandah

Superior Verandah Suites SS offer two lower beds that convert to a queen-sized bed, a private verandah, floor-to-ceiling glass windows, sitting area with sofa bed for one, private bathroom with shower and full-sized whirlpool tub, additional shower stall, dual sink vanity, DVD player, television, minisafe, telephone, multichannel music, and a hairdryer. Enjoy additional suite amenities including complimentary bathrobes, personalized stationary, feather pillows, complimentary laundry/dry-cleaning service, fresh fruit, video library, afternoon tea, hors d'oeuvres served before dinner upon request, corsages and boutonnieres for the first formal night, and special disembarkation privileges. Approximately 294-sq.-ft. suite with 98-sq.-ft. verandah.

cruiseonly has been around for a while and the comments are correct in that there are some errors in places. Sometimes I get to that site by accident. If you type cruise.com wrong - cruises.com, it takes you to their site.

Archived