Dress Code on Tahitian Princess

JohnSC

I understand that "Country Club Casual" is the up and coming thing. What has been the experience of recent cruisers? Would I look out of place wearing a tuxedo? Also, in my experience cruise lines tend to overcharge massively for transfers between the airport and the cruise terminal. Is local transportation readily available in Papeete or should I opt for the cruise line transfer?

The Dress Code standards are the same on the Tahitian Princess as on other Princess ships. Most nights are Smart Casual, aka "Country Club Casual" with the others being Formal. You will not be at all out of place wearing a tuxedo.

I can't answer the question about transfers to the ship in Papeete. Perhaps someone who has been there can answer that.

Yes, take a cab. When I did this itinerary, it was more casual than my European trips. That said. you will never be out of place with a tux. Do what makes you happy. It is your vacation.

Some peopel get bogged down with the packing for this trip as it is a long way from the East Coast.

I understand that "Country Club Casual" is the up and coming thing. What has been the experience of recent cruisers? Would I look out of place wearing a tuxedo? Also, in my experience cruise lines tend to overcharge massively for transfers between the airport and the cruise terminal. Is local transportation readily available in Papeete or should I opt for the cruise line transfer?
On the Pacific Princess II sailing out of Tahiti, we had a higher than normal percentage of seasoned cruisers (compared with Caribbean or Alaska) who preferred tuxedos for formal and casual for the other nights, making the formal nights really special. On casual nights I wore either nice polo shirts or Hawaiian "aloha shirts".

We used the Princess transfer, and although it did not seem an overly long ride, we were pleased - and got to board before the published boarding time.

Archived