Today Tonight thrown off Peach Sunset cruise

chaz cruiser

I have just been on the TT website & they are asking for "horror cruise stories". I decided to click on it but instead of telling them my horror story (coz I don't have one) I asked them why they only wanted to hear horror stories as most passenger have nothing but good stories to tell. I also added that "I suppose that would make for borig viewing as opposed to the horror stories that you make up". Something along those lines anyway. WHAT A LOAD OF CODDSWALLOP that show was. What's the bet I don't hear from them:)

Karen

Yes, i think good idea too.

I hope keepcruising does make a complaint, I certainly would, I would take to the highest authority I could. I have sent off emails to Current Affair suggesting they expose Today Tonights stupid report etc. I also sent 'a story' into Today Tonight about my incident free cruise.

Ha my biggest laugh was from the youg girl who said she was disgusted by things she heard and saw! Well, should she at 14 not been home with her parents then, and not being subjected to such places meant for adults ie bars and nightclubs! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

We were going to go out for a bite to eat last night, then remembered Melbourne Cup and decided to get burgers as our 14 yr old son did not need to be subjected to far worse than young miss was on P&O at our local club which is very family oriented.

You can all rest assured, I am going to complain. Not that the footage that we were in was bad, but as you said skyrules

we approached Media Watch with complaints about TT and they were interested in the story, but felt it would have been better for us to have actually been in the footage used.

I was just waiting for some more ammunition, and they now have given it to me.

As I said to DH, seeing this story felt like they were attacking my home, as you all know this is 'our home away from home'

Here is what I sent off to Today Tonight. I hope all forum users make their disgust known to these thugs.

"""RE: P&O story which aired last night......why do you insist on showing old footage which as not even filmed on the ship but rather at Ma Bakers' in Vila?

I really wish you would stop this childish vendetta you have on the cruiseline and go out and get real stories with 'RELEVANT" AND ACTUAL FOOTAGE instead of MANIPULATED and OLD footage that you insist on showing. And by the way that 14year old girl should have been at home with her mother and is not an authority on adult behaviour. I have been on several cruises with my children and husband and have encountered behaviour no worse than if we had been at a resort elsewhere. The staff are always fantastic and we have had no issues with either the cruiseline or its passengers. It would be nice to see you report a story showing the flipside to your sensationalised and misplaced "story" of last night which very amateurish and misleading journalism."""

What do you think forumites??.....a little harsh???

I too have made a complaint as follows:

My only horror story is today tonight untruthful reporting..Ma Bakers famous for the bar sliding was closed the time both the pacific star and sun were in dock. I was on the pacific sun and was told by locals that Ma"s was closed as too much trouble. Why not talk to the people that were on the cruise to get the correct story. I have seen more trouble at high schools than we had on our cruise in october and maybe if the 14 year old wasnt made up with make up and been with other children her age (Like the majority of children on a cruise do ) she wouldnt have been offered a drink!

Hi everyone, was on the same cruise with AD and KC and Jane and Sandra did you see Oz's back on the Olympics when they all thru Troy into the pool?? They had a bit of footage on the Olympics, I was so gobsmacked that they tried to make something dirty out of that (with the balloons between our legs) I missed who was taken pictures of) until the bit where Troy got thrown into pool.

Also the bar sliding had to be an old one as Ma Bakers wasn't open on the Sunday whilst we were there (unless of course it opened late in the day, it wasn't open at 4pm when we went back to boat).

I did recognise the young blondie who was "disgusted" and she was over 18 and I must admit I was surprised by her comments, I wonder how much of it they changed around to make it sound that bad!!

And yes who would let their 14 yo go away with "strangers". I wonder how much of "strangers" they really where, and if you dress up with a face full of makeup you will often look older than 14. And scared about how she was getting home? What a load of whinging crap!!!

This lot sat behind us at dinner and we made comments about how strange the table was. It was our table waiter that recognized them from last time and reported them to the Captain, so well done Sam.

I didn't think they could show footage of people without their permission. I was a fan of TT before even tho I didn't watch it often, but I will not waste my time of trash again (neighbours isn't so bad after all!!!!).

This was a fabulous cruise, security was tight in most cases and I believe what you saw on the cruise woud be no different to what happens in nightclubs on the dance floor or toilets!!

I wish I'd taped it to look at it properly.

Kerri

In mine, i spoke about how they said that no passengers complained to them about being filmed. I said that i had several friends on that cruise, from here of course:rolleyes: and that they did not have any knowledge they were actually being filmed.

I also added how the passengers rejoiced after their crew was thrown off.

In mine, i spoke about how they said that no passengers complained to them about being filmed. I said that i had several friends on that cruise, from here of course:rolleyes: and that they did not have any knowledge they were actually being filmed.

I also added how the passengers rejoiced after their crew was thrown off.

How funny is that?!! :D I thought it was funny, that you wrote that the passengers rejoiced after they were thrown off!! :p They would have been p***ed off at that! :cool:

I spoke to two ladies at work today that have cruised with P&O, and asked them whether or not they saw the TT story. Neither of them did. I asked them whether or not they saw any of this behaviour. One of them, around the mid 40's, said that she did not notice such behaviour, though she did say that she was in bed around 12 midnight, so did not 'see' much of the night time activities.

Another young lady I asked said that she did see such behaviour, but not that extreme extent. She said "I expect to see it when I cruise with them". I was actually quite surprised with her response. I asked her to elaborate, and she said that "P&O are famous for being "Party" ships".

Out of the 450 or so at my work, these are the only two who have been on a P&O cruise within the last 5 years:eek:. Another two have cruised abroad, and loved it, but I think due to the negative publicity, they won't sail P&O. I'd like to give it a try, but I can't find anybody to go with me!!:mad:

One has booked the New Year's cruise on the Star out of Brisbane, and she now has some concerns. I told her not to worry too much, and to go and have a good time. I hopes she doesn't cancel because of this.

kezza, just wondering.. was sam phillipino? possibly liked being called "sam the man".. does "beep beep" sound familliar?? if so do u know if he is still going 2 be on the star in january.. i hope so.. we had him on our first cruise and he was excellent.. gotta love him:p

I spoke to two ladies at work today that have cruised with P&O, and asked them whether or not they saw the TT story. Neither of them did. I asked them whether or not they saw any of this behaviour. One of them, around the mid 40's, said that she did not notice such behaviour, though she did say that she was in bed around 12 midnight, so did not 'see' much of the night time activities.

Another young lady I asked said that she did see such behaviour, but not that extreme extent. She said "I expect to see it when I cruise with them". I was actually quite surprised with her response. I asked her to elaborate, and she said that "P&O are famous for being "Party" ships".

Out of the 450 or so at my work, these are the only two who have been on a P&O cruise within the last 5 years:eek:. Another two have cruised abroad, and loved it, but I think due to the negative publicity, they won't sail P&O. I'd like to give it a try, but I can't find anybody to go with me!!:mad:

One has booked the New Year's cruise on the Star out of Brisbane, and she now has some concerns. I told her not to worry too much, and to go and have a good time. I hopes she doesn't cancel because of this.

I hope your workmate won't cancel her cruise cause of Today Tonight. Today tonight have caused a lot of trouble.:mad:

People can't believe what they see on that show. P&O is the best and the best holiday ever.:) P&O don't need any more bad publicity.:mad:

I taped it. I will look into recording it to the computer soon and then upload it for everyone to have a laugh at.

Thanks Sam...

I recorded it onto DVD, but my stupid nero program won't let me lift it off the disk to do a mpg file to post. Hopefully you'll have more luck than me.

Kym

After 3 cruises on 3 different P&O ships I've not seen or heard anything as bad as what TT are trying to make out.... And bear in mind we were on the first cruise they filmed secretly.... OK, there's no denying the things that they have filmed actually happened, as those CC'ers on the most recent cruise have said, but it's the interpretation that they are putting on the highly edited snippets that they show that are giving the wrong impression. And it's the blatent lies they are telling too (ie the bar sliding). Watching it again - we've decided that bar sliding footage was taken when Pacific Star was in Vila on our cruise, because we recognised people off our cruise in the footage, but when we went past Ma Bakers on that day there were a lot of other people in there that weren't passengers off the ship.

Most of our friends and workmates know how much we are love cruising, and we've been asked lots lately whether it's really like that...... We are happy to reassure anyone who's interested that it's no where near as bad TT and other media make it out to be.

Kym

I have just discovered that I am famous too. Standing behind keepcruising during the mini olympics, wearing blue boardies and brown shirt. Kezza - I realised it was Oz.

I recorded it but can't download to the computer. Rewatched tonight and realised that they show the second shot of the couple in the starlight lounge and then the blonde saying how disgusting they are is actually at the outback bar.

Archived