Owner's Suite on Tahitian Princess

2ndsailing

We booked on Owner's Suite today for our cruise in April 2008. I was reading a thread here that some owner's suites might be bigger than others even though Princess states in their brochure that they have the same square footage. My cruise is not until April 2008 and I have to pay the depost next week so I can still make a change. We have reserved 8067. 7114, 6088, 6091 and 8064 are still available. Any advice for me?

I can't tell you about the size of the cabin but we booked on deck 7 (7114) because there are tables and chairs on deck 9. People on deck 8 have complained about the noise above them from people moving the chairs.

We've been in 7116 twice when the boats were with Ren and had no noise from above or below. The balconies on deck 6 are the largest and 8 the smallest. I think the cabins (inside) are the same size.

We were in 6088 on the Pacific this summer. Since she's a carbon copy of the TP, this suite offered a huge balcony. We had our dinner mates over to watch the lights of Hong Kong and with 10 of us on the balcony, there was probably room for about six more.

We absolutely love the OS's that we've had and I don't think you will be disappointed.

have a great cruise,

Charlie

I can't tell you about the size of the cabin but we booked on deck 7 (7114) because there are tables and chairs on deck 9. People on deck 8 have complained about the noise above them from people moving the chairs.

We've been in 7116 twice when the boats were with Ren and had no noise from above or below. The balconies on deck 6 are the largest and 8 the smallest. I think the cabins (inside) are the same size.

When are you going? 7114 is still available. I think I'll change tomorrow. Thanks for your advice. My earlier post seemed to go crazy...posted 3 times.

Our cruise is April 2007. Like you we booked early, about a year ago. It's been a long wait but it's finally getting closer.

I'll watch for your report when you're back. Hope you have a great time. We're going April 2008 for our 25th anniversary and my 50th birthday....double celebration.

Move down to deck 6. We are in the 6091 suite now and if you are on deck 7 you can hear all the coversations from deck 6. Also the deck is bigger.

Are you feeling any motion on deck 6? I do get a little motion sickness and I'm one of the strange ones that its worse for me the lower the deck so I though deck 7 would be better. I just had my ta change us to 7114 today...can I ask her to make another change????She'll be sick of me...

General physics (vectors): you are going to feel more movement the HIGHER you are up on a ship (an irony of cruise ship prices...) Thinking of it simply, the movement is originating from the bottom of the ship (the ocean), so the top of the ship has a much farther distance to travel as it sways from side to side. (for example, if the ship sways 10 degrees, the movement will be much great as you mover higher up). It is much more easily demonstrable if you could see me act it out, but, trust me-- more movement higher up :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I did the 12 day Tahiti-Hawaii cruise in July in 6091 and can attest to it being the best location. The 2 OS on the 6th floor have the biggest balconies.

I was surprised, I was out delivering cocktail invites to my CC friends on deck 8 and walked down the hall where the door was open to the OS on deck 8 portside and was shocked to see how close the railing was to the glass window of the cabin.

Huge difference.

Move to the 6th floor, it's awesome. It's above the restaurant, never heard a sound. It's fabulous.

To 2nd sailing....get out of my cabin!!! It's mine, mine, mine!

Hee hee....enjoy it like we did!

To 2nd sailing....get out of my cabin!!! It's mine, mine, mine!

Hee hee....enjoy it like we did!

Hi There:

We'll try and take of "your cabin" until the next time you need it....

Looks like the OS suites on deck 7 aft and deck 6 aft are now booked. Amazing when its not until April 2008....We have 7114 and I'm sure we'll love it.

2ndsailing

Quote:

"Looks like the OS suites on deck 7 aft and deck 6 aft are now booked. Amazing when its not until April 2008....We have 7114 and I'm sure we'll love it."

We booked 6091 B2B for April 2008 thats why it's not available.:D

2ndsailing

Quote:

"Looks like the OS suites on deck 7 aft and deck 6 aft are now booked. Amazing when its not until April 2008....We have 7114 and I'm sure we'll love it."

2ndsailing

Quote:

Great: Looks like we'll be sailing together. We sail April 28th.

Hi Thom,

We took about a 1000 pictures with half of them underwater. We did 38 dives. We had one of the best vacations ever. You got the best cabin on the ship and Rodellio the cabin steward was great. Make sure you tell him you spoke to us and we said hi. We ate almost all our dinner meals in the cabin. You don't need to bring any formal clothes if you don't want to. We did one formal night and that was it. We won't bring them again as long as we are in a suite. Never felt like getting dressed to eat. Just ordered what was on the dinning menu and had it delivered to our cabin and enjoyed it in shorts and T-shirt. We had a party in our cabin with about 25 people on the deck and we could have added another 20-25 more just on the deck alone. It's the largest suite we have ever had. Your biggest problem will be that 10 days is too short. LOL

We are trying to work on the photos, it's just a lot of work picking out the best photos and then posting them yahoo. Email me with a contact email or phone number and I can fill you in on more details of the cruise and diving.

email. gvre@gvre.com

Richard

Hi Thom,

Richard showed me your post so I decided to post a couple of photos to "whet your appetite" including one of our private dive locker! What a beautiful cabin...you will be blown away!

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/gvre/album/576460762352525891

Enjoy!

Debbie

Debbie:

Your suite looks fantastic. We have 7114 on our cruise April 28, 2008. I know the balcony isn't as big....but I'm sure we'll love it just the same.

Can't wait to see more of your pics.

THANK YOU!!! It'll be hard to wait, but I guess I'll just have to! :D

I hope you enjoy your cruise and especially the OS! I've read all sorts of comments from people who've cruised on the TP and had a great time. The OS should just be icing on the cake.

Archived