Does HAL use e-docs?

Schplinky

We will be taking our fifth cruise this January but it will be our first with HAL. Because we generally deal with travel agencies not located in our town, we have received e-docs for our Celebrity and RCL cruises. Does HAL use these or will we get paper docs? I presume they come a few weeks before the sailing?

I hate e-docs. Last year I got them on an Alaska cruise from RCCL. I demanded real docs and they sent them. Good thing too. Both the airport shuttle and hotel refused to take the e-doc vouchers.

I also got e-docs on a HAL cruise to Mexico. But that's because I booked late. But I demanded real luggage tags and they sent them Fed-ex. I don't want to be filling out baggage tags at the pier. It's always so hectic and I don't want to chance losing some bags.

We had e-docs for our Celebrity Galaxy cruise and loved them. We both work and live in a guarded/gated community. Sometimes UPS, DHL, etc., deliveries are problematic....depends on the gate guard, delivery driver, phase of the moon :o ....works one time but not the next. E-docs were accepted everywhere they were needed. About the only thing we really missed were the luggage tags but we got those at the hotel we stayed at the night before the cruise so it really wasn't a problem. The funny thing was that we printed them out on our color printer and put them in a HAL pleather folder. :D Given the option we'd probably pick e-docs though getting the cruise doc package delivered is kind of a special rush.

We had E-docs from Celebrity last Feb, and we were able to print out luggage tags from the computer. It worked out fine.

We also sometimes have problems getting packages at our apartment also, but I do love opening up that big packet of documents!

The Express Boarding Pass you can print online once your immigration form and other information is complete is really an e-doc. HAL is still sending out a paper ticket, but I'm sure that will be phased out soon.

Princess sends the luggage tags, cruise contract, cruise answer book, and shore excursion book right after final payment. You then print your boarding pass online and that's your ticket.

In truth, these e-tickets aren't really necessary. The information is captured in the computer system. It's just so the passenger can have a security blanket when they arrive at the pier. ;)

Indeed, as Jeffs55 mentioned, the luggage tags are included in the e-docs but obviously will only print out on whatever paper/card stock you have for your printer. Lougee1043, who posts here often, cruised on the same Galaxy trip with us and I know he printed his out and had them laminated and made into stiffer bag tags. Since we were driving to the port (a Galveston sailing at that time) we had control of our bags right up to the terminal so I wasn't as concerned about tags. As I said, we got them at the hotel but could have easily gotten them from a porter at the terminal.

How does one print sturdy luggage tags that you can attach to your bags?
Laminating them, as mentioned, will work nicely. You can just cover them with regular clear package sealing tape and trim down the sides.

The tags Princess sends out in their info packet are very strong label type of paper. You just fill them in, peel them off, and loop them around your luggage handle.

HAL does not use e docs..yet. I`m sure there will come a time when they do, but until then, look for your docs about 4-6 weeks prior to sailing...........jean:cool:

Not so; ours came e-docs. It depends on a couple of things, one being sailing on special rates like TA rate of interline rates just to mention a few. NMnita

Archived