Charlie Jourdan?

Does anyone know if Charlie Jourdan is still working on any RCCL ships? He played guitar in the Two Poets Club aboard the Navigator in April of 2004. He took requests, lots of 60's and 70's stuff, and was a really good vocalist. Wish there were more singers like him on cruise ships.

We were also on the Navigator in April 2004 and enjoyed many evenings listening to Charlie Jourdan in Two Poets - he did an awesome "Sweet Caroline" as well as "Margaritaville" and "A Pirate Looks at Forty" - We did buy his CD, but we'd love to hear him again in person!

Does anyone know if Charlie Jourdan is still working on any RCCL ships? He played guitar in the Two Poets Club aboard the Navigator in April of 2004. He took requests, lots of 60's and 70's stuff, and was a really good vocalist. Wish there were more singers like him on cruise ships.

there ARE more singers like him on cruise ships....in fact...on every voyager/freedom class ship there is a pub that has a vocalist/guitarist just like Charlie Jourdan..normally the same genre of music. Its a great place to have a drink and hang out. They all seem to sing songs such as American Pie, Stairway to Heaven, Sweet Caroline...alot of James Taylor as well.

Great to hear others agree that he was a great singer/musician and that even if Charlie is not on our next Navigator cruise there might be someone else that plays similar music. I though it was a wonderful fluke, glad to hear it was actually planned on the Voyager class ships!

Thanks for the info!:)

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Just spent the past week listening to Charlie @ the Bull & Bear on RCCL's Freedom of the Seas - great time!! Didn't buy the CD but would have loved to be able to buy a tune or two on line!! Worth enjoying him for a bit!!

• 1 month later...

We just got back from a 7-day on the Freedom of the Seas on Jan 23 and spent almost every night enjoying the spectacular Mr Jourdan! What a great entertainer. He had the pub PACKED every night and those walking by started singing. Very impressive!

• 10 months later...

We just came off of the Adventurer of the Seas on December 11,2011 and Charlie was in the Duck and Dog Pub. My first time to see him and we closed the bar every night. Very talented musician.... I do know he is going to the Allure of the Seas in 2012 (i am not sure of start date) and he will definitely be there on May 20th of 2012 when I am sailing.

• 4 years later...

FWIW I just got off the Radiance of the Seas yesterday and Charlie Jourdan was the guitarist at the Quill & Compass pub during our cruise.

He's a fantastic guy and a great entertainer - hopefully we'll get the chance to see him again in the future. But at present - if anyone's interested - he's on the Radiance as mentioned.

• 3 months later...

Charlie Jourdan is a gift to the musical world. Just got off the Radiance of the Seas. Spent several hours watching him pull songs, lyrics, chords and key changes (from memory alone) to hundreds of songs. Awesome talent. Like I said a true gift to music lovers.

Charlie obviously loves what he does. Great times in the Quill & Compass.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
We enjoyed listening to Charlie Jourdan on the Independence last fall, September 2015.

Does anyone know if he is currently performing on any RCCL ships? Would love to hear him on our upcoming Freedom cruise.

He's on the Anthem this summer. I'm not familiar with him. Tried to find a website for him but haven't found it (yet)

• 1 year later...
53 minutes ago, gowrg said:

Charlie played last night on the (12/17/2018). On the Oasis of the Seas, had a great time, lucky we found him early on the cruise.

Hook’em

Welcome to CC and congratulations on resurrecting a 12 year old thread. :classic_ohmy:

Edited by davekathy

• 1 year later...

This guy is a walking encyclopedia of songs - so glad that he's still out there keeping people entertained.

I take it that transatlantic cruise in March 2020 was the ship's last voyage before everything came to a standstill?

• 4 months later...

Yes, it was the last for the Allure.  She was supposed to go into dry dock.  I understand that has been postponed.

We almost couldn’t get back.  Spain closed their boarders, in and out, the day after we left.

We were required to quarantine for 2 weeks, then our country shut down.

30 minutes ago, stumillard said:

He played in the Bow & Stern Pub Bar under the name “Pub Guitar Entertainment with Charlie Jourdan” in the Cruise Compass.  He was there nightly sometimes till midnight.

Gotcha, I remember him.