CD - John Heald heading to GLORY on 24th July!

As you all know, I am recovering from surgery - but wanted to let you know that I am well (this is being typed for me) and will be back fulltime in the next few months........

Thanks to everyone for ALL your good wishes, cards, food packs etc.

Anyway, just thought you would like to know that Cruise Director John Heald will be returning from vacation next week and will be on board the GLORY for a few months...........then breaking for a while........before flying to Europe to pick up the VALOR for its inaugural season in late December 2004!

Take care and best regards..........

Storm'n Norman

Aussie Cruise-a-holic (in limbo)!!!

yes norman i broke the news few nights ago on thread about john ....john will be cd on glory starting july 24....this coming saturday for at least 8 weeks or so....then the valvor......in december......it is true....it has been confirmed

Hi Norman,

I hope all is going well with you!! Good to see your name back up on the CC site even though you had someone type for you. I wish you along with the rest of the CC members a SPEEDY RECOVERY!!!

Ken

Hey Norman and rpsnnj, Hope both of you are doing well after your surgery(Norman) and your health problems(rpsnnj). Do either on of you know for sure who is replacing John on the Triumph and will they still be there in October. I had heard that Carlos, I believe, was taking John's place, Can either one of you confirm this for me.

Also, rpsnnj, I believe I was on the Triumph with you in September, 2001, can you tell me if Carlos was John's assistant CD at that time on that cruise or can you remember that many cruises ago. I was thinking his name might have been Carlos but I'm just not for sure and is that the same Carlos if it was.

Thanks,

Stingray

It's great that people are getting a heads up on John's plans and it's nice of Norman and Robert to keep everyone posted but please don't book a cruise specifically because you want to cruise with John. We've had it happen in the past where someone has posted John's schedule and people have booked the cruise specifically for that reason then there was a change and people were very upset. Robert would definately be the first one to know John's schedule but sometimes there are changes that are out of even John's hands. I know how much he hates to disappoint people.

Even though you still cant type for yourself yet, it's good to see you and Skippy posting again! Get well soon!

I have'nt had the pleasure to meet John Heald. Maybe someday my dear husband will surprise me with a cruise on the Valor! Our 25th wedding anniversary will be coming up next year... :rolleyes:

yes carlo was john asst cd...forget his last name but if i find his card i will let you know....blonde small type person lot of engery very funny......he was on triumph and legend with john before he became a cd....sometimes cd schedule and plans do not go as planned it is a long story......john will be taking over the glory...that is another story, that is all i can post about that matter and valvor at the present time...

I just read on another board that John Heald will be back on the Triumph starting today...and that Josh Riffe will be bringing out the Valor. This person said he seen the list and that the Triumph is John's favorite ship.

I hope he is wrong...we are hoping to see him again on the Glory.

I also saw, from a very good source, on another board that Josh Riffe will be bringing out the VALOR.

Jim Bragg, head moderator on "that other board" always seems to have excellent inside information. This is probably what the previous poster is speaking of. I wouldn't bet against Jim on anything relating to Carnival. Always pretty valid comments. :)

Like Norm and Robert have the inside info...I do believe if you have sailed a Carnival ship you find that basically they are all the same..That said , I know now that the personalities and people give the ship it's distinctiveness and flavor.So I do book some of my cruises based on the type "Funship"experience I want to have.....and John Heald always delivers!!! I am on the October 2nd sailing of the Triumph...I was hoping John would still be there..But will enjoy it even if he's not.Thanks for the info though.

Mark/Mcfrog

My source has just confirmed that John Heald is currently scheduled to take over the Glory on August 14th.

No definite decision has been made on which CD will be bringing out the Valor BUT it will NOT be John Heald!!!

And yes, I am lurking on the boards and recovering slowly!! Again, thanks for all your good wishes and maybe you'll find me on a "recuperation" cruise one day in the future!!

Best regards from DOWN-UNDER!

Archived