NORWEGIAN PEARL - Photos

eroller

As for bringing along your bowling balls!!!! :rolleyes: Didn't you all see the bowling balls on the racks near the lanes? C'mon you pros, you aren't going to carry those things on planes w/you for real are you?! If you are REALLY GOOD, you can use any ball. Besides, the motion of the ocean might have a little something to do w/it.

Last time I bowled with a house ball I used two fingers. That means I did not use my thumb for those of you not following along. :p Talk about no control.

Where it really doesn't matter is duckpins but then again different ball materials do track differently depending on oil conditions. Years ago when I bowled duckpins I found the only way to get marks consistently was to throw a curve. Straight balls just chop too much.

If the lanes are dry I'm screwed as I hook coast to coast on a fairly wet lane.

Of course the joke is still up in the air: If the seas are rough enough, better duck because the ball can come back! Now if it's that bad I don't think I would be at the lanes! I've had my fair share of shuffleboard "rainbow curves" though. A moderate 20 foot sea will do it.

Thank you for thr pictures...to be very honest...I'm a bit shocked! It looks like the same then the Jewel (except Bliss and Lobby)! Same colors and same funrniture.

Some say it is bright, but you have to see it in nature! It is really refreshing and puts you in a good mood and when you see the whole picture it fits perfect.

I just thought (wished) they would have went even more crazy (after POH) or the opposite more elegant. I guess just the name will be different and the rest the same...so many will feel right at home.:D

Name that ship - Jewel or Pearl ;)

wwwnorjewel053.jpg

Jewel :)

They don't even know the pricing onboard as of yesterday;) Yes they are renting shoes, max 6 players to a lane.

Pricing has been finalized - They will charge by the hour, more in the evening than during the day, and yes, they will have shoe rentals.....

Thanks for the pictures. Can hardly wait until 02/02/07 for our 9 days in the Southern Carribean on the Pearl. In particular looking forward to shoreguys and others review of the 12/02/06 repositioning cruise. That will be the Pearl's 1st cruise.

Charles

Thanks for the pictures. Can hardly wait until 02/02/07 for our 9 days in the Southern Carribean on the Pearl. In particular looking forward to shoreguys and others review of the 12/02/06 repositioning cruise. That will be the Pearl's 1st cruise.

Charles

ps Sorry for the double post. Did not think the first click took.

Shoreguy...it is the Pearl!!! LOL

I called a friend who spent this weekend on the Pearl and said it is the nicest NCL ship in the fleet! The colors are a lot more setteled then the Jewel or POH! She is very elegant and the new Night Club must be stunning in red velvet and many beds.

The lobby got a total face lift and she is just a beauty! The had dinner at Lotus and food was out of the world! They are picky eaters...so it must be good.

So I hope we will enjoy our time on her, too!

Just five hours I am back from my visit of the Norwegian Pearl. Unfortunately I was only for 24hours on board but it was incredible ! The Pearl is very very beautiful.

Within the next few days I will prove it to you. Starting with the Courtyard Villa, Garden Villa and Black Pearl Suite I will present many more interior impressions from restaurants, bars, pool area, sport area and the very friendly crew.

So let me invite you to

http://www.cruiseship-gallery.de

Andreas

PS: if you like you can leave a comment in my new guest-map

Thank you Andreas!

That looks like GV 14000 (starboard side), is it?

The A2 looks very different in configuration than the one on Pride of Hawaii, is it substantially?

We are very excited to board on Saturday and your pictures have made us even more eager!

You're the best!

Hi Andreas,

I agree with flyingpirate - you've come through once again!

And your timing couldn't be better - in a few short hours I'll be on the plane to London to join the crossing on Sat.

Thinking about your fantastic pictures will let me bridge the gap on that long flight over.:D

Thanks!

Archived