Member who lives in St.Lucia

caribbeandiva

Hi John,

Please be advised that Club St. Lucia by Splash is not a Sandals property. Are you referring to the Sandals Regency Golf and Spa? If you are sure it's a Sandals then I think the rate is now USD100 per person..not too sure about Club. What can you remember about your stay? Perhaps I can figure out where you went..if there were kids it was Club, couples only then it was Sandals.

Caribbean Diva.:D

Since my last post I did some research and found that the Rendevous Resort charges $38 per person to "Stay for a day". Is this all-inclusive?

John

Yes, Rendezvous is all inclusive.

Talked with Nigel Ceophilus today (General Manager) of Rendevous Resort. I reserved a "Stay For A Day" Pass for 9 people sailing with us in April. It was $38.00 p/p all-inclusive. It includes unlimited beverage (Alcohol incl.) and lunch, in addition to the use of all amenities on the property. Nigel said that they like to know who is coming in advance and on what day, so he can make arrangements. There is approx. 100 guest rooms and he is required to reassure the property guests that day passes do not create a conflict with overcrowding the resort. No pre-payment is required, but he does require to know who is doing the stay for a day pass, for they do record it in advance.

John

I know this doesn't have anything to do with cruising but I hope you can help. The last time I was in St. Lucia was 6-7 years ago on a cruise. We did not explore the island because our kids were small. This December my husband and I and three other couples will be spending a week in St. Lucia. We will be staying in a villa that is situated at Bois D'Orange, high above Rodney Bay. Can you give me some advise as to where to go and what to do while in St. Lucia. All the men would like to golf and the ladies are looking for a day at the spa. We would like to see some historical sites as well. Where should we eat, drink and be merry? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. We fly into Hewanorra International Airport. I figured we have at least a 1 1/2 hr drive is that correct? Thanks so much in advance.

Karen

I know this doesn't have anything to do with cruising but I hope you can help. The last time I was in St. Lucia was 6-7 years ago on a cruise. We did not explore the island because our kids were small. This December my husband and I and three other couples will be spending a week in St. Lucia. We will be staying in a villa that is situated at Bois D'Orange, high above Rodney Bay. Can you give me some advise as to where to go and what to do while in St. Lucia. All the men would like to golf and the ladies are looking for a day at the spa. We would like to see some historical sites as well. Where should we eat, drink and be merry? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. We fly into Hewanorra International Airport. I figured we have at least a 1 1/2 hr drive is that correct? Thanks so much in advance.

Karen

Hi Karen,

Firstly if you are staying at Bois D'orange you are not close to Rodney Bay or above Rodney Bay. What's the name of the villa?

There is alot that you could do..for history about St. Lucia you could visit Pigeon Island..this is a nice time and there is a restaurant there and the grounds are nice..if you are athletic you can climb to the top of the fort!

For spa treatments there is the Royal St. Lucian or you can probably arrange to have someone visit your villa. I could supply you with some numbers.

For food, there is the Lime Restaurant which serves good local meals about about USD7.00 a plate and it's a hearty meal. The Wharf has a good selection also. You can also explore the Rodney Bay strip which has some of the best restaurants in St. Lucia all within walking distance of each other.

There is the usual volcano stuff, but if you want to stay in the north you can at least do the drive to Marigot Bay..it's very scenic and a nice day out.

The drive from UVF is about 1 1/2 hours to Bois D'orange. You can also look into a helicopter shuttle which is about 10 minutes and very scenic.

Any more questions just ask!

Caribbean Diva.

Caribbeandiva, looks like you have your hands full answering all these posts! Thanks for the offer. I was in St. Lucia about 5 years ago for a week and enjoyed it thoroughly. :D We stayed at the Sandals Golf Resort and loved it. My question is about horseback riding. We went to the north tip of the island and went horseback riding to a nice beach. There were some tables set up with souveniers and a guy who climbed up to get coconuts for a couple of bucks. I don't remember the name of the stables. Do you know which one this is and if they have a website. :confused: I'd love to do this again while we are in port. Thanks again for your help.

Caribbeandiva,

Thank you so much for responding to my questions. I was using the description given for our villa. It is called Morne Trulah. It states that it is " A four bedroom villa on the site of an old French harbour fort, high above the historic Rodney Bay. The villa is situated at Bois D'Orange with an all encompassing sea view, against the backdrop of Pigeon Island." I myself was trying to figure out where it was located. Have you heard of it? I am very excited about visiting St. Lucia. It is wonderful to have someone who lives there helping us out. We all appreciate what you are doing. Can you tell us more about your Friday night festivities. This sounds like a lot of fun. Thank you so much.

Karen

I am on the Adventure and have been posting like mad to find a great spot for my vow renewal. Can you recommend a location that is beautiful, outdoors, easily accessible and appropriate for all age groups? Thanks!

BTW enjoy Hawaii!

I am on the Adventure and have been posting like mad to find a great spot for my vow renewal. Can you recommend a location that is beautiful, outdoors, easily accessible and appropriate for all age groups? Thanks!

BTW enjoy Hawaii!

Hi there..

I suggest that you consider Club St. Lucia or Winddjammer as they cater to all ages and are very kid friendly..both are on lovely grounds and are very eacy to reach from the port. The Regency is for couples and the age limit is 16 and up..if your kids are younger... if even if they let the kids in for the ceremony, they will be so strictly monitored that you would feel uncomfortable.

Cheers!

Caribbean Diva

Caribbeandiva, looks like you have your hands full answering all these posts! Thanks for the offer. I was in St. Lucia about 5 years ago for a week and enjoyed it thoroughly. :D We stayed at the Sandals Golf Resort and loved it. My question is about horseback riding. We went to the north tip of the island and went horseback riding to a nice beach. There were some tables set up with souveniers and a guy who climbed up to get coconuts for a couple of bucks. I don't remember the name of the stables. Do you know which one this is and if they have a website. :confused: I'd love to do this again while we are in port. Thanks again for your help.

I love answering the questions that I can..I think you are referring to Trim's riding stables in Cas en Bas and they usually take you to Cas en Bas bay to ride as well. You will be shocked at the massive hotel which is going up on that beach..things have changed! There is another riding outfit called International Riding Stables..perhaps you can compare rates when you get here.

Good luck!

Caribbeandiva,

Thank you so much for responding to my questions. I was using the description given for our villa. It is called Morne Trulah. It states that it is " A four bedroom villa on the site of an old French harbour fort, high above the historic Rodney Bay. The villa is situated at Bois D'Orange with an all encompassing sea view, against the backdrop of Pigeon Island." I myself was trying to figure out where it was located. Have you heard of it? I am very excited about visiting St. Lucia. It is wonderful to have someone who lives there helping us out. We all appreciate what you are doing. Can you tell us more about your Friday night festivities. This sounds like a lot of fun. Thank you so much.

Karen

Hi Karen,

I think that your villa is actually located in Trouya which is on the way to the Windjammer hotel. Saw some pictures of it online..it looks lovely! As I first suspected, while you will have a view of Rodney Bay and Pigeon Island you are not actually that close..but close enough..about a 20 minute drive away. Hope you have a 4X4 booked..roads in there are very bumpy!

Every Friday night certain communities have their weekly festivities..Gros Islet, which is the closest one to you is the most famous one. Basically is just a lot of stalls selling local delicacies and bars where people hang out in the street and have a good time.

There is Anse La Raye Friday night fish fry which focusses on seafood. This is about a 40 minute drive heading southwest from where you will be. Very small and quaint fishing village indeed.

Dennery Fish Fry is on Saturday..Dennery is a fishing village southeast of where you will be driving for about 40-45 minutes.

Finally Vieux Fort Fish Fry is on Saturdays this is the longest drive at 1 1/2hours all the way back near the international airport.

Don't forget to try the Rodney Bay strip..all the good eateries are here and cater to a variety of budgets.

Cheers,

Caribbean Diva.

Hi there..

I suggest that you consider Club St. Lucia or Winddjammer as they cater to all ages and are very kid friendly..both are on lovely grounds and are very eacy to reach from the port. The Regency is for couples and the age limit is 16 and up..if your kids are younger... if even if they let the kids in for the ceremony, they will be so strictly monitored that you would feel uncomfortable.

Cheers!

Caribbean Diva

I was thinking more of a lookout spot we can have our driver take us to (translation, free). You know like a garden spot or a park that overlooks the coves... Am I reaching...?

• 3 weeks later...

We are not cruising, but staying in St Lucia for a couple of weeks - our first visit. Will be there 1-15 June. I know it is rainy season, but will it rain constantly? Also, staying at Inn on the Bay and Ti Kaye. What are your favorite restaurants in Marigot Bay? Will we need to change US money to EU? Are mosquitos a big problem? So nice to have someone who lives there to provide info. Thanks.

Dear Cruisediva, what do you reccomend that I do with my wife and 6 children in April of 2006. We are only there for a day. I read in Oprah that St. Lucia was one of the 5 places one should visit in their lifetime. Any suggestions for a family. By the way, we live in south Florida so a visit to the beach is not necessary unless you think it would be worth it. Don

We are not cruising, but staying in St Lucia for a couple of weeks - our first visit. Will be there 1-15 June. I know it is rainy season, but will it rain constantly? Also, staying at Inn on the Bay and Ti Kaye. What are your favorite restaurants in Marigot Bay? Will we need to change US money to EU? Are mosquitos a big problem? So nice to have someone who lives there to provide info. Thanks.

Hello!

You will just love those two hotels! Ti Kaye is very quaint and fairly new and the Inn on the Bay is run by a lovely French Canadian couple and the food is great! Good views too!

I really don't have a favourite restaurant in Marigot as I don't go there very often to eat however there are several good options available.

Yes you will be here during the rainy season, however it does not rain every day nor is our rain constant. I just returned from Hilo Hawaii and it rained everyday and I was so surprised! We get showers which quickly pass and the sun is right back out. Also you are coming at the very beginning of the rainy season so I think you will be ok.

Mosquitoes...hmmm, walk with a can or two of OFF!, better to be safe than sorry !

Caribbean Diva.

Dear Cruisediva, what do you reccomend that I do with my wife and 6 children in April of 2006. We are only there for a day. I read in Oprah that St. Lucia was one of the 5 places one should visit in their lifetime. Any suggestions for a family. By the way, we live in south Florida so a visit to the beach is not necessary unless you think it would be worth it. Don

Hi there!

You are right..the beach won't do much for you, but as Oprah suggest, take a trip to see the Pitons which is now designated a World Heritage Site. They are stunning and the flora is incredible.

Caribbean Diva.

• 2 weeks later...

Caribbeandiva... Like the others, I'd like to thank you for all your help. We were in St. Lucia on a cruise several years ago and found it probably the only Island we could go back to and stay for a week, so we are. Hubby just surprised me this evening with a trip to the Sandals Halcyon resort and we leave next Sat. for the week to celebrate our 25th anniversary.

Having done the land/sea tour while on the cruise, we saw the volcano, the botanical garden and springs, etc. then spent the afternoon coming back by boat by marigot bay etc.

I'd like more of a local thing this time since we have the time. Not so much other beaches as we're staying in one of the honeymoon beachfront concierge rooms and will be on the beach all week. Am possibly interested in the Friday night Fish fry's, which one is best?

Also, we can go from one resort to the other... what is there close to each resort that we could get to easily? For instance, we could do things around Halcyon, then go to the others by bus one day and spend the day around each one.

Also, what would be your best suggestion, as a local, for a 'not to miss' site to see or thing to do?

And one last thing... for now, I only have a week to plan... what is the one local thing I should buy and bring home as a souvenir? Anything special they make there? I have banana ketcup from my last trip and haven't figured out what to use it on so I've never really tasted it.

Thanks again for all your help.

QUOTE=Aliann]Caribbeandiva... Like the others, I'd like to thank you for all your help. We were in St. Lucia on a cruise several years ago and found it probably the only Island we could go back to and stay for a week, so we are. Hubby just surprised me this evening with a trip to the Sandals Halcyon resort and we leave next Sat. for the week to celebrate our 25th anniversary.

Having done the land/sea tour while on the cruise, we saw the volcano, the botanical garden and springs, etc. then spent the afternoon coming back by boat by marigot bay etc.

I'd like more of a local thing this time since we have the time. Not so much other beaches as we're staying in one of the honeymoon beachfront concierge rooms and will be on the beach all week. Am possibly interested in the Friday night Fish fry's, which one is best?

Also, we can go from one resort to the other... what is there close to each resort that we could get to easily? For instance, we could do things around Halcyon, then go to the others by bus one day and spend the day around each one.

Also, what would be your best suggestion, as a local, for a 'not to miss' site to see or thing to do?

And one last thing... for now, I only have a week to plan... what is the one local thing I should buy and bring home as a souvenir? Anything special they make there? I have banana ketcup from my last trip and haven't figured out what to use it on so I've never really tasted it.

How wonderful for you!! I,m super excited for you and I live here!! When you arrive, just come and see me at the Photo Centre on Monday..I am usually there and I can help you plan your trip! I look forward to meeting you! When are you arriving?? What flight?????

Caribbean Diva!:D

Caribbeandiva... Like the others, I'd like to thank you for all your help. We were in St. Lucia on a cruise several years ago and found it probably the only Island we could go back to and stay for a week, so we are. Hubby just surprised me this evening with a trip to the Sandals Halcyon resort and we leave next Sat. for the week to celebrate our 25th anniversary.

When you arrive go to the Photo Desk and ask for "Denyse"..if you ask for "Caribbean Diva", they will all look at you as if you are nuts!!! LOL...you can visit on Sunday and my staff will call me at home if you want a head start on planning before Monday when I get in...

Caribbean Diva/Denyse.:D

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not sure of flight # etc., I'll check when I get home, but we come in Sat. afternoon at the airport closest to Sandals Halcyon. Flying to San Juan, then on to St. Lucia. I think we'll be doing the whale watching tour with Hackshaw on Monday from 8 - 12. Will you be there after noon? And where is the Photo Centre? Is it where the ships come in?

Other than the whale watching, I've contacted Cosol and he said to call him from hotel and he'd be glad to pick us up from there.

Again, I'll post times etc. later. Thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not sure of flight # etc., I'll check when I get home, but we come in Sat. afternoon at the airport closest to Sandals Halcyon. Flying to San Juan, then on to St. Lucia. I think we'll be doing the whale watching tour with Hackshaw on Monday from 8 - 12. Will you be there after noon? And where is the Photo Centre? Is it where the ships come in?

Other than the whale watching, I've contacted Cosol and he said to call him from hotel and he'd be glad to pick us up from there.

Again, I'll post times etc. later. Thanks!

Nope..I,m at the Sandals Halcyon..just ask for me at the photo desk..they will bring you around anyway during orientation. I,ll be there on Monday for sure.

Caribbean Diva.:D

Ahhhhh.... even better! I had a brain freeze and wasn't even thinking, forgot you actually worked at Sandals and I read that. Flight is AA #5184 and we arrive at 13:47 on Sat. May 14th!!!! I am so ready it isn't even funny! Thanks so much and if I don't talk to you before then... see you Monday!

My Daughter and her fiance will be getting married July 2006, they are thinking of staying at one of the Sandals in St. Lucia for the honeymoon. Any information would be helpful. Which is the nicest one? They just want to hang out on the beach. What is the weather like late July? They are looking for an all inclusive.

We were in St. Lucia for a little while last Feb. on a cruise and we fell in love with it. Imagine living in paradise and going to paradise (Hawaii) for vacation. You are one lucky gal.

Take care.

MJ

Archived