Member who lives in St.Lucia

caribbeandiva

Hi Carribean Diva-

First time to St Lucia in January 2006. I usually do land trips but I am bringing my parents on this trip so we will only have 1 day on the cruise.

What should we do to get the most of St. Lucia? I have heard the island is beautiful. I am amazed at how many folks have already booked their tours. I am just starting to look now.

We will be landing on Wednesday. Any ideas?

Thanks

Nitacruisenovice

:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Carribean Diva,

We will be in St. Lucia for the first time mid February coming in on Century we want to see everything...... but realise that is not possible what can you suggest as a nice mixture beach and anything else you feel would be of interest to a first timer.

Thank you,

you are certainly kept busy with all these questions I see you are from Toronto we are from Ottawa.

This question is for anyone that has visited St Lucia. We are going to be in St Lucia in late Feb on a cruise and will be meeting up with another couple form a different cruise. Where would be a good place to meet for a drink or maybe a tour?

To all the recent posters- read thru all the posts on this thread and you will find answers to your questions about what to do at St. Lucia. In addition, Fodors, Frommers, and other travel books at your local bookstore will assist you in deciding what to do on St. Lucia in the absence of the OP.

Here's what I did while in St. Lucia (can be found, on pg 4 I believe, on this thread):

I visited St. Lucia in July 2003 while on Adventure of the Seas. St. Lucia was our FAVORITE PORT. It is BEAUTIFUL! We did NOT book a tour with the cruise ship.

When we stepped off the ship, a local man carrying a poster approached us. We said he could offer us a tour that the ship couldn't match. It did seem like a great deal (and it was). For 60 per person we got to see Marigot Bay, bat cave, "drive-in" volcano, waterfall & spring, and a scenic tour of the island by boat and car. We were dropped off at Anse Chatanet for time on our own. We ate lunch at the outside restaurant & snorkeled at the hotel's snorkeling area. Lovely full-day tour with 'Peter the Great' and 2 other couples. We tipped him well.

We spent a week in St Lucia several years ago (in the 70s I think) at a resort called La Toc. Last time we were there I asked a resident and they said it was Sandels now. Do you know if they tore it down and rebuilt, or is the same building there?

My family and I are going the first week in Feb.

So far the best information concerning your request to find a multi ECO excursion is from a previous listing I found here:

I am interested in the sail to Soufriere, snorkeling and a brief land tour, especially if it includes the rainforest or gardens. You said you knew of one called "Carnival", can you send their contact info? And any other company that might offer this? Thanks so much!

Carnival Sailings 758 452 5586, or 458 2369 or 453 7895.

Carribean Diva - thanks so much for your help! Can you tell me how bad the roads are from Castries to Soufriere? We wanted to do our ship's excursion which goes one way by bus and one by boat, but I'm reading about how sick people have become on the drive! The ship has an all-catamaran version of the tour but I think maybe we would miss too much of the country that way. Can you help?

Hello,

Just to advise that I live in St. Lucia and would be happy to answer any questions which would-be cruisers to St. Lucia may have. I also work out of Sandals so I can answer questions about them also.

Denyse/CaribbeanDiva:D

Hi Denyse,

This is so nice of you to help all of us!

We would love to see whales & dolphins. I see that the ship has an excursion but we find that we have a better time with independent excursions. My husband and son are divers and it would be fabulous if we could combine the whale watching with either diving or snorkeling. Can you recommend someone?

Thanks!!

Dee

• 3 months later...
Caribbean Diva,

We are interested in booking a catamaran and/or boat for exploring, snorkeling, beaching, and eating. Any suggestions on a good source to contact?

I am interested in something similar, but mainly looking for a boat to get us to Jalouise, Anse Chastanet, and possibly Anse Cochon and other water/beach locations SW of Castries.

Carribean Diva - thanks so much for your help! Can you tell me how bad the roads are from Castries to Soufriere? We wanted to do our ship's excursion which goes one way by bus and one by boat, but I'm reading about how sick people have become on the drive! The ship has an all-catamaran version of the tour but I think maybe we would miss too much of the country that way. Can you help?

It's a tough ride for anyone who might suffer from car/motion sickness!

Is so you won't miss any "sights" because you will mainly be looking at the floor!

I do the sail roundtip,

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

Just to advise that I live in St. Lucia and would be happy to answer any questions which would-be cruisers to St. Lucia may have. I also work out of Sandals so I can answer questions about them also.

Hello, I am traveling to St. Lucia in April 2007 to the Sandals Halcyon resort. My husband and I are staying for 4 nights. I was wondering if you could tell me where are the good bars and/or dance clubs on the Island? Any other kind of info on St. Lucia or Sandals would be great! This will be our first time there and I am really excited! Thanks, Sunny:D

• 3 weeks later...

I must congratulate you on this informative thread. It is great to find someone who is so knowledgeable about their island. I visited St.Lucia this year and I just wanted to let this thread know a lil more about your PARADISE. I went to ATLANTIC SHORES RIDING STABLES near vieux fort. It was such a wonderful place. The guide was so friendly and he took my family to Honeymoon Beach. This was so amazingggg...the views are so perfect. I've been to alot of stables throughout the Caribbean but this facility stole my heart. Contact rhon at rhonc@candw.lc or Kurt at kotty81@hotmail. If you would like some photos please feel free to email indiga3000@aol.com or call them at 758 -454-8668 or 758-285-1090

154379247_horsestonewall.jpg3.jpg.f3c0e84214765070589d39caa1dec6d0.jpg

440922100_beachisland.jpg2.jpg.b9738131a43c9c480ccd954176db61ff.jpg

Hello,

I'm just curious why it's so hard to get to Anse Chastenet... is the resort discouraging day visitors? Are the tour guide/taxi drivers protecting their axles (I hear the road is AWFUL!). :confused:

I really want to experience Soufriere and the western road route, but it seems most of the tours avoid Anse Chastenet, which my dear hubby has been crazy to get to since his buddy stayed there 10 years ago. We love snorkeling, would love to see some live coral (as we found the reef mostly dead during our first snorkeling experience in Negril -- so sad, bleaching death... I really hope this doesn't happen to St. Lucia). Can anyone (especially you, Denyse!) give me a good answer for my hubby who believes the snorkeling at Anse Chastenet is the best on St. Lucia? (Have read on these boards that Ti Kaye is also excellent - do any tours go there?). Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Denyse/Caribbean Diva, I just happened across your thread and saw the fine work you are doing promoting the island. I grew up in St.Lucia but now live near Vancouver B.C. in Canada. Reading some of the information makes me home sick. I just wanted to say hi and keep up the good work.

Perry

• 2 weeks later...

CarribeanDiva: We have friends that will be in St. Lucia, staying at the Rendevous in late July. They love deep sea fishing and would very much like to have a suggestion for hiring someone to take them fishing.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you so much for all your help on these boards!:D

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Caribbean Diva-please help us out. We are avid snorkelers. We have found a trip by boat to Ti Kaye Resort. Our ship-the Sea Princess also offers a trip that goes to Anse Chanstenat for quite a lot more $$$$-but we will pay the price if the snorkeling and the resort are substantially better. What do you think? Karen

Hello,

My husband and I will be Cruising the first week of December 2006 and will be traveling to St. Lucia for a day. My husband really wants to see and hike up to Gros Piton...however, I was not expecting the hike to take so long and to be so apparently difficult/physically demanding...though I would like to hike, I do not want to spend 5-8 hours hiking up and down...is there an alternate way and/or excursion to see the Pitons without the long and strenuous hike?? My husband visited St. Lucia years ago, but only stayed on one of the beaches...this time, he wants to see more of the landscape, etc.

Thank you,

Steph

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Caribbeandiva,

Thank you for your offer! Three questions for you, my dh and I had our honeymoon in St. Lucia in 1987 and stayed at the Couples resort which is no longer there. Do you know what the hotel is now called? 2nd, we are looking to do snuba in St. Lucia in May 2007, do you know of any company that offers this? And 3rd, we loved the food in the St. Lucia, any recommendations for lunch? Thank you so much and can't wait to see your beautiful country once again!

Tracey & Mike

Archived