Member who lives in St.Lucia

caribbeandiva

• 2 weeks later...
I just got through reading every post and didn't see one about taxi fares. Could you please tell me about how much it would cost to go to Reduit Beach and/or Choc Bay from the port. Thanks so much.

Cathy

Hi..

In case you did not find it..It is USD20 from Castries to Reduit..to Choc it may be about 10-15.

Caribbean Diva.:)

How are the sightings of whales this time of the year. I am booked on a whale watch this month in the afternoon. Are there lots to see?

Went on a RCL cruise and were in St. Lucia in early February. We departed St. Lucia at 5:00; it was our last port and we were returning to San Juan. The captain was taking us for a closeup of the Pitons as we left. Shortly out of the harbor, the captain came on the horn and said he had a treat for us ... whales! I was in my cabin and fortunately on the correct side and was able to watch from my balcony. We had looked into whaling excurisions but none of them worked out. Our captain said he does not often see them in the Caribbean but he also runs the Alaska route in summer so I guess it was nothing new for him.

Caribbeandiva,

Could you help me? My husband & I will be in St. Lucia on 4/28, via cruise ship (Adventure of the Seas). We have been snorkeling for years and love it. We usually do things on our own but from what I have been reading here, prices to get from the pier to the Pitons or the good snorkeling places are very high. Do you have any suggestions? Your help and input are greatly appreciated.

Caribbeandiva,

Could you help me? My husband & I will be in St. Lucia on 4/28, via cruise ship (Adventure of the Seas). We have been snorkeling for years and love it. We usually do things on our own but from what I have been reading here, prices to get from the pier to the Pitons or the good snorkeling places are very high. Do you have any suggestions? Your help and input are greatly appreciated.

Hi there!

Where would you like to snorkel? The Pitons are not the only place to snorkel here. Do you have a preference?

Caribbeandiva, thank you for getting back to me. I don't know where I want to snorkel but I hear that Anse Chastanet is very good. I've been to St. Lucia many years ago and just went to a beach (I don't even remember the name). I have read that getting to the Piton or Anse Chastanet is expensive. Can you recommed something. We would like to snorkel some place where there are different types of fish & or coral. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Caribbeandiva, thank you for getting back to me. I don't know where I want to snorkel but I hear that Anse Chastanet is very good. I've been to St. Lucia many years ago and just went to a beach (I don't even remember the name). I have read that getting to the Piton or Anse Chastanet is expensive. Can you recommed something. We would like to snorkel some place where there are different types of fish & or coral. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Hi, I think that Anse Cochon is a good alternative to Anse Chastenet and it's half way between the port and Soufriere, so your transportation costs will be considerably less. Good snorkeling there and lots to see..or you can try Pigeon island, not much coral, but lots of fish and it's cloest to the port.

Caribbean Diva:)

Hi, I think that Anse Cochon is a good alternative to Anse Chastenet and it's half way between the port and Soufriere, so your transportation costs will be considerably less. Good snorkeling there and lots to see..or you can try Pigeon island, not much coral, but lots of fish and it's cloest to the port.

Caribbean Diva:)

Thank you for the information. You said there is lots to see. Can you tell me what we should see there or near there? Are there any public buses we could take to get there or do we need to take a taxi? Thanks again!:)

Caribbeandiva

Do you know if the rumors are true that the Brig Unicorn will be on film duties with Disney and will not be available until sometime in December? I'm coming in on the NCL Spirit on April 6th, booked the "Pirate Cruise" with Shorex for my 3 and 5 year old grandkids, but I'm hearing all sailings have been cancelled.

Thanks in advance.

Caribbeandiva

Do you know if the rumors are true that the Brig Unicorn will be on film duties with Disney and will not be available until sometime in December? I'm coming in on the NCL Spirit on April 6th, booked the "Pirate Cruise" with Shorex for my 3 and 5 year old grandkids, but I'm hearing all sailings have been cancelled.

Thanks in advance.

I mentioned this to my husband a couple of days ago and as we work out of Sandals my husband usually covers the sunset cruises every Wed and Fri and he told me that he saw the Brig out last week! Don't worry..one phone call will clear that up! Check back tomorrow..I,ll have an answer for you.:)

QUOTE=cmdchiefthom]Caribbeandiva

Thanks so much. My grandkids are really looking forward to their pirate adventure. I do hope she'll be available on the 6th of April.

Hi I checked with the Tours Department at Sandals and yes, the Brig is still running.

Cheers!

caribbeandiva...A group of 9 of us will be docking in St. Lucia April 18th. On our ladt cruise, my wife and I enjoyed the stay for a day at Club St.Lucia & golf resort. It is a Sandals property and we had a great time. I think we paid $80.00 each for the entire day, All-Inclusive. Can you still do this? I would love to take the group there. Any help is appreciated. Who do I need to call or see to set up this "Stay for a day"?

John

Caribbeandiva,

First, thank you for all the awesome info that you have provided to everyone her on the thread. It's fabulous that you take time to answer all of our questions. My questions are 1)Are the Titons a must do thing? 2) Is there above average beach entry snorkeling available? We'll be there in October on the Golden. Thanks in advance for your assistance--Jeff :cool:

caribbeandiva...A group of 9 of us will be docking in St. Lucia April 18th. On our ladt cruise, my wife and I enjoyed the stay for a day at Club St.Lucia & golf resort. It is a Sandals property and we had a great time. I think we paid $80.00 each for the entire day, All-Inclusive. Can you still do this? I would love to take the group there. Any help is appreciated. Who do I need to call or see to set up this "Stay for a day"?

John

Hi John,

Please be advised that Club St. Lucia by Splash is not a Sandals property. Are you referring to the Sandals Regency Golf and Spa? If you are sure it's a Sandals then I think the rate is now USD100 per person..not too sure about Club. What can you remember about your stay? Perhaps I can figure out where you went..if there were kids it was Club, couples only then it was Sandals.

Caribbean Diva.:D

Caribbeandiva,

First, thank you for all the awesome info that you have provided to everyone her on the thread. It's fabulous that you take time to answer all of our questions. My questions are 1)Are the Titons a must do thing? 2) Is there above average beach entry snorkeling available? We'll be there in October on the Golden. Thanks in advance for your assistance--Jeff :cool:

Hi Jeff,

As someone who was not born in St. Lucia, visiting/viewing the Pitons as well as the Sulfur Springs is very subjective. It's ok, but it's not the Grand Canyons or Niagara Falls!...but that's just me. Having said that, the Pitons are beautiful to photograph, but it all depends on what floats your boat:)

As far as snorkeling, there are a few locations in the North that you can use instead of the trek down the West Coast..perhaps you may try Pigeon island or off Le Sport hotel.

Caribbean Diva:D

Archived