Member who lives in St.Lucia

caribbeandiva

Caribbean Diva,

Please don't laugh at this question. I've been to St Lucia a few times and am coming again in February. I've been interested in the daypass to Sandals but I haven't been sure about it since I know its a couples resort. You see, I travel with my mother. Would we be permitted to buy the daypass??

Thanks!

Carribean Diva:

We are going to be there on 12/23/04 on the Disney Magic. Just tried to book the Pirate ship and horseback riding this morning only to find both of them booked 2 months in advance. Are there other horseback riding stables that offer this kind of service that you could suggest? Also, is there a way to book the pirate ship outside of the cruise line (where maybe, there might be some openings?)

Any help is appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I had read somewhere that there was a problem with the cruise ships docks in St. Lucia and some cruises had canceled that port. Do you know anything about this? We are scheduled to dock there in Feb aboard the Sea Princess-Thanks PJV

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Caribbeandiva,

I also would like to thank you so much for all your help to those of us who have never been to St. Lucia. I can't wait to see your beautiful island! I am sailing on the NCL Spirit in Jan. 05 and would like to do the 1/2 day Brig Unicorn (it sails in the morning). I understand it sails northward to Pigeon Island and Fort Rodney, and I'm wondering if we would see the Pitons on this sail. Can you please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi,

This is my first time using the boards. I thought it would be great to get firsthand knowledge from a local.

We are looking forward to seeing your beautiful island on Dec. 23. We are looking at Celebrity's shore excursions which look expensive, but my husband feels it's a safer bet to go with one of their's. Not sure if that's true.:confused:

We are going with 12 and 15 yr old boys and want to sight see some beautiful places but in an active way such as bike, kayak, snorkle etc. A few options that looked interesting (although we aren't familiar with the locations of course) are the Island Adventure Bike & Waterfall Hike to Anse-La-Raye, the Rainforest & River Hike to Canaries Village and Marigot Bay or the Pigeon Island Sea Kayaking. Any recommendations to these excursions or others you know of? Please keep in mine we want the beauty, but don't want the boys to be bored.:eek: Thank you!

hello

my wife and i are cruising the spirit on april 1st and will be in st lucia on wed. from 7am till 6pm. does anyone know anything about the Horses at BELLA Cheval? i know it's about a 3hr excursion. is it a good one? would also like to go see the pitons. who would be a good tour guide, and what kind of cost are we looking at? how far are they from port? i have read alot about st lucia and it seems like my kinda place, very laid back and beautiful. any infor or tips would really help me enjoy your beautiful island.

sorry about all the ?'s but i'm really interested in this island thanks:D

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to visit the Diamond Botanical Gardens. how far are the gardens from the cruise ship pier.? what would be the most cost effective way to go see the gardens ? can the gardens be done in 4 hours or so (1/2 day)

thanks for all your help

BobG

I think Caribbeandiva became interested in this board because of a cruise that she herself was taking. She gave alot of help...but since her cruise...unfortunately she hasn't been around in quite a while.

IMO...I would start a new thread to ask any questions...

I have had major computer issues and I finally got it sorted out TODAY! I wish that people would not speak on my behalf...sometimes real life does get in the way. If I was not committed to assisting I would not have posted as such.

Keep your questions coming...I will try to answer as many as I can!

Caribbean Diva.

I would like to visit the Diamond Botanical Gardens. how far are the gardens from the cruise ship pier.? what would be the most cost effective way to go see the gardens ? can the gardens be done in 4 hours or so (1/2 day)

thanks for all your help

BobG

Hi Bob..to answer your questions, the gardens are in Soufriere which is about a 2 hour drive from the pier..taking traffic into account. 4 hours is alot of time, you can realistically see the gardens in one to one and one half hours. In my humble opinion, the best bang for your buck and to kill two birds with one stone is to do a combi Land/Sea trip..you drive down and sail back, so you get the best of both worlds. Carnival sailings does this package..let me know if you would like to investigate this further..

Cheers!

Caribbean Diva.:D

I think Caribbeandiva became interested in this board because of a cruise that she herself was taking. She gave alot of help...but since her cruise...unfortunately she hasn't been around in quite a while.

IMO...I would start a new thread to ask any questions...

So sorry my computer broke down and I had no way of accessing the net.:cool:

Caribbean Diva.

thanks for the reply I was looking for somthing to do with travel both ways in 4 to 5 hours time, besides go to the beach. seen the beach and town aready, want to see more but do not want to spent 7 to 8 hour wt travel doing it.

thanks again BobG

Hi Bob..to answer your questions, the gardens are in Soufriere which is about a 2 hour drive from the pier..taking traffic into account. 4 hours is alot of time, you can realistically see the gardens in one to one and one half hours. In my humble opinion, the best bang for your buck and to kill two birds with one stone is to do a combi Land/Sea trip..you drive down and sail back, so you get the best of both worlds. Carnival sailings does this package..let me know if you would like to investigate this further..

Cheers!

Caribbean Diva.:D

Hi Caribbean Diva,

I'm debating between a land based or sea based excursion in St Lucia for the single day we're there. We would like to see the Pitons again however. I know it is possible to climb one of the Pitons (Gros?), but can it be done in say 6-7 hours starting from Castries? If so, do you know anyone that arranges an excursion like this? Thanks for offering to help all of us. This is a great service.

Hi Caribbean Diva,

I'm debating between a land based or sea based excursion in St Lucia for the single day we're there. We would like to see the Pitons again however. I know it is possible to climb one of the Pitons (Gros?), but can it be done in say 6-7 hours starting from Castries? If so, do you know anyone that arranges an excursion like this? Thanks for offering to help all of us. This is a great service.

Wow..you want to go to Soufriere and climb the Pitons in one day? Hmmm..sounds like a handful..but it all depends on how long your ship will be in port. You need at least 2 hours to get Choiseul which is where Gros Piton is located and then at least 4-5 hours for the climb and two hours back. To me it seems arduous for one day. If you want more info..let me know I will find out as much as I can.

Caribbean Diva:)

Hi Browe:

I don't think it is possible to do it in one day. You are taken a risk if you are only in St. Lucia for one day.

I've been planning to climb Gros Piton for the last two times I've been in St. Lucia but was unable to. The last time it rained on the day before I was planning to do it. They don't let you go up if it is raining or rained. Of course, I went in the rainy season and the rainy season is over. I believe it is over in December?

Transportation to and from will be your biggest expense. The taxi drivers that I talked to stated $120.00 from Castries round trip. The taxi's don't like going there because one of the roads that they have to take really stinks. I've also talked to one of the water taxi's and they stated the same price. You maybe able to do better since I'm not a good haggler but...

If you do a search you should be able to find some tours. http://www.stluciaparadise.com/tour2.shtml is one of them but this was not the one I was going to use. I was going to use a guide out of one of the hotels.

Rogue

What would you suggest for a fun-day in St. Lucia? We will arrive 2/20/05.Have seen the PITONS. So we are open to just about anything!

Hi...There is so much that you can do other than see the Pitons and the Volcano. You can do the beach at Reduit where you can do an array of watersports and visit quite a few fine restaurants. You can also do the jungle tours, quite popular from what I understand..you can also do a day sail and see lovely St. Lucia from the water. It's really up to you!:)

Caribbean Diva.

Hi:

Just curious about how windy it is in St. Lucia. We are planning on staying at the new Coconut Beach Resort on the SE side of the island near the airport. Do you know much about this new resort? It sounds perfect for us. I have two kids, 13 & 10 and they are looking forward to the pools and slides they have at the resort. My wife is looking forward to the beach. I'm just afraid of it being too windy on that side of the island.

Can you offer your opinion? And any news about the Coconut Resort will be welcomed also.

Thanks.

Randy

Hi:

Just curious about how windy it is in St. Lucia. We are planning on staying at the new Coconut Beach Resort on the SE side of the island near the airport. Do you know much about this new resort? It sounds perfect for us. I have two kids, 13 & 10 and they are looking forward to the pools and slides they have at the resort. My wife is looking forward to the beach. I'm just afraid of it being too windy on that side of the island.

Can you offer your opinion? And any news about the Coconut Resort will be welcomed also.

Thanks.

Randy

Hi:

Thanks.

Randy

Archived