Member who lives in St.Lucia

caribbeandiva

While in St Lucia (AOS Aug 20) I had cassva bread made with salt fish while my husband had cinnamon and the kids had cherry. Denyse, do you have a recipe for this? It was delicious and we were toured around by Fabian...we tasted great fruits and bakes as well.

Hi guys, I am considering a cruise to this area and was looking at this thread, and noticed that Caribbeandiva has not been back to this thread since July 3rd 2005, I wonder is she still around , if not I think we have lost a wealth of information.

Anyway, lets hope she comes back. I may have a few questions myself.

• 4 months later...
Hello,

Just to advise that I live in St. Lucia and would be happy to answer any questions which would-be cruisers to St. Lucia may have. I also work out of Sandals so I can answer questions about them also.

Denyse/CaribbeanDiva:D

Are there any laundromats near the cruise port? We will be on an 11 day cruise and would like to drop off our laundry and have it done while we tour the island. We will be in port on Feb 18th 2007.

Hi, Caribbeandiva, and thanks for all of the good tips. It's really nice to have someone to email who is actually on the island. We're arriving on Sept. 12th and will be in port from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. We'd like to do a general tour of the island seeing as much as we can in one day. Can you recommend a local guide? (We not beachy people ... )

mjkunkle-

We (party of 12) used Lenny from Lenny's Taxi Service. He was wonderful. We did so much in the day we were there. Really a great tour guide, and supplied us with beverages through the day.

Email lennytx1062@hotmail.com

cell (758) 488-6384

Tell him the Harts referred you to him! You will not be disappointed!

Good luck with your search. You will love St. Lucia

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I was hoping to propose to my girlfriend on our stop in St. Lucia on the Crown Princess. I was hoping to do this at a relatively uncrowded waterfall on the afternoon the day our ship is in port on the Crown Princess 11/17 cruise. I found a link to about 4 waterfalls.

I was hoping to bring along some wine, snacks, etc hopefully swim at the foot of the waterfall, picnic, etc and pop the question without too many tourists all around us. Somewhere beautiful and maybe with scenic views would be a plus.

Since I don't want to go on a big tour bus, i would want to be able to arrange for RELIABLE transportation to drop us off around noon and pick us up maybe 3 to 4 hours later.

Long story short, we have been through ALOT the last 3 years to be together and i want to make this a very, very special moment we will both remember for the rest of our lives.

Any suggestions???

Thanks,

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Caribbean Diva

I went this past March to St lucia and had a great taxi driver he gave me his business card but unfortunately i lost it....His name was Max he work for a taxi company at the mall...where the water taxi drops you off....would you be able to get me his information because im going to st lucia again in December...I would greatly appreciate it

Hi Denyse - How would I go about finding out info about a day pass at Sandals? We will be in St. Lucia in Jan for the day and are wondering what it would include and how far it is from the port. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello,

Just to advise that I live in St. Lucia and would be happy to answer any questions which would-be cruisers to St. Lucia may have. I also work out of Sandals so I can answer questions about them also.

Denyse/CaribbeanDiva:D

I need your help as I am getting conflicting advice.

I have been told that as an Australian citizen we only require passports for New York - New York Carribean cruise.

That is ...all ports except St Lucia.

A Visa is required .

Cost is $50.00 and is available on arrival in St Lucia.

Is this correct?

Thanks for your thoughts on the matter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi. I will be visiting of cruise on December 20 and was interested in knowing how much I can see in a day? I was wondering if I would be able to get to see the drive in volcano, diamond mineral baths, waterfalls, pigeon island, and a little time to snorkel from 0800am to 0600pm. Where is the best place to snorkel? I've heard good things about Jalouise for snorkeling. How is the snorkeling at Reduit Beach and Pigeon Island? Any good tour operators to get it all in? Thank you.

Hi Denyse,

Arriving December 26th in Castries & after doing some heavy research, we want to find the most economical way to do the following trips in one day without getting too stressed out. Note: we are all avid hikers! Here's the 'dream plan':

-Short stop Marigot Bay

-Short stop Soufriere/Diamond waterfall/Mineral Baths/Sulphur Springs

-En Bas Suat Falls Trail for a nice hike

-A stop at 1 or 2 nice beaches for a short swim at each

-Return to boat for a nice shower & 2nd sitting dinner!

What do you think of renting a taxi & driver for the day 4-5 hours? What do you think the cost would be. We really don't want the hassle of a rental car on this island. Any advice would be REALLY appreciated !

Thanks, Marc, Idalia,Jonathan & Daniel:D

We adored this port. We got w/ 4 other couples and hired a boatman. He took us to all the places of which you spoke, even down to the Pitons. There was a snorkel time, and just anything you wanted to do. Seems that the price was around 35$ per couple for the day.:D

We barely made it back in time for sail away! Whew.:p :p :p Start back earlier!!!:eek: We hired this guy at the pier. You may be able to get it set up online with someone like that.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi caribbean diva,

I was wondering if you have done the zip line with the gondolas or if you can find out info for me. I have been to the web site, but I wanted more info. Is this zip line as good as the other one that has been around longer? They talk about hiking to the platform from the gondola to start the zip. How long of a hike is it and is it difficult? When you are at the end of the zip, how long of a hike is it to the gondola again?

Thanks for your help.

Sea trailer,

You are hilarious! I just went back in the thread and you are absolutely correct. Caribbean Diva started a thread, was totally inundated with individual requests for info and ran for cover! it's been almost 3 years people....she ain't coming back! I hope I will be the last person to post here(and you will note that i am not asking a question of her!)

Sea trailer,

You are hilarious! I just went back in the thread and you are absolutely correct. Caribbean Diva started a thread, was totally inundated with individual requests for info and ran for cover! it's been almost 3 years people....she ain't coming back! I hope I will be the last person to post here(and you will note that i am not asking a question of her!)

She is still alive and well. I found her e-mail here and corresponded with her prior to our recent trip to St. Lucia. Her name is Denyse and she is absolutely wonderful and extremely informative! (I hope this does not cause her to be inundated with requests again!)

Archived