Arriving in Whittier at 12:30am

cf2404

Our cruise confirmation says we arrive in Whittier at 12:30am.

Might be a stupid question but do we disembark at 12:30am or do we sleep overnight and disembark later in the morning (say 9/10am??)

Although your ship docks at approximately 12:30 a.m., they do not roust everyone from their beds, thankfully. You disembark starting anywhere from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Everyone is given a disembarkation time depending on whether they have a Princess land tour, early flight from Anchorage, etc.

I actually stayed up for the arrival and it was wonderful. It is a short cruise distance from College Fjords and there are waterfalls all along the coast as you approach Whittier. If you don't require a lot of sleep you may want to do the same ;)

As mentioned there were passengers off the ship before 6:30 and boarding buses for the land portion of their trip....

Have a great cruise :D

I actually stayed up for the arrival and it was wonderful. It is a short cruise distance from College Fjords and there are waterfalls all along the coast as you approach Whittier. If you don't require a lot of sleep you may want to do the same ;)

As mentioned there were passengers off the ship before 6:30 and boarding buses for the land portion of their trip....

Have a great cruise :D

When did you cruise, and at what time did it get dark as you sailed into Whittier? We'll be in College Fjord from 5:30-8:30 p.m. - and scheduled to arrive in Whittier at 12:30 a.m. on June 11th. I had considered doing this, especially since we won't be going on a PWS cruise after our Princess cruise ends.

The sun does not set until 11:30 that night, so there will be plenty of light for you to see until you get to Whittier. Of course, weather will determine how much scenery you can actually see.

Thanks for that info! Looks like I may take an afternoon nap that day and then eat an early dinner in the buffet, so I can spend as much time as possible enjoying the scenery.

Archived