good afternoon, wondering about noise levels on the navigator deck

We haven't cruised on Holland America yet. This will be our maiden voyage on this line. We want to book 3 SS suites ,on the Navigator deck, midship , on the Oosterdam in January. What can you tell me about NOISES, such as chairs, tables, deck hands cleaning above, voices, and music that could be heard on this deck.:D I'd love to hear from anyone who has some information. I know that Holland America did a "study" and found that 1 in 700 people complained about noise. Thankyou, susan

We were in SS8075 on the Westerdam (sister ship to Zuiderdam and Oosterdam), and there was no noise whatsoever. We were mid-ship, 2nd cabin back from the glass elevators.

If we were in our bathroom, we could faintly hear the "ding" of the elevators, but you did not hear it in the cabin.

We were on the Nagivation deck on the Zaandam, right below the Lido deck and very rarely, we heard a dull "thump" from above, like someone dropping something, but no other noise level. In fact, our cabin was just aft of the main pool where you would expect a lot of traffic and the noise was negligible.

I would assume the same could be said for all the HAL ships.

Archived