QM2 review...My Affair To Remember

patwell

YES!!

(Penny ... are you listening? ;) :) )

I hear you Vic and Betsy.....what's Oct? A crossing? Of course I'll just be back from the Norway thing in August...how on earth do you suppose I could pull this off. :eek:

Have fun on this one Vic....

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I loved the review. Great reading. :)

We will be sailing her on Dec. 19th for Christmas and New Years. I'm so excited.

Thank you for taking the time to entertain us.

Thanks so much Brigettetom.....The "Affair" resumes again in 2 days after a delightful transatlantic "Affair" in October. I am sooooo hooked!!! I'll do my best to get her back for you by the 19th but I make no promises.:D If I do, I wish you a grand voyage!!!

Cheers, Penny

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

Thanks so much Brigettetom.....The "Affair" resumes again in 2 days after a delightful transatlantic "Affair" in October. I am sooooo hooked!!! I'll do my best to get her back for you by the 19th but I make no promises.:D If I do, I wish you a grand voyage!!!

Cheers, Penny

Bon Voyage Penny.....there was such a great rate for this 10 day voyage, how I envy you..... Give her a pat on the bulkhead for me will you? :D

Thank you all so much for the Bon Voyage wishes....even you CAT!!! Mary....Linda and I will pass in the parking lot....unfortunately not at the same time!:(

Jim...so glad you enjoyed your re-read....I might just do the same today!!! I'm working on the continuing chapters and with luck, perhaps a little book will appear. And you'll be back on soon enough while I have to wait again after this one.

And Silvia, thank you so much. I will pat that bulkhead just for you, I promise...and I will tell her that you'll be back when the time is right.

One day to go....:D

Cheers, Penny

Thank you all so much for the Bon Voyage wishes....even you CAT!!! Mary....Linda and I will pass in the parking lot....unfortunately not at the same time!:(

Jim...so glad you enjoyed your re-read....I might just do the same today!!! I'm working on the continuing chapters and with luck, perhaps a little book will appear. And you'll be back on soon enough while I have to wait again after this one.

And Silvia, thank you so much. I will pat that bulkhead just for you, I promise...and I will tell her that you'll be back when the time is right.

One day to go....:D

Cheers, Penny

Penny,

Have a wonderful time! And I don't want to see any claw marks

B & HRH

Bettie and HR...Beth...Michael and even CAT...thank you all so much. You know I'll think of all of you and lift on of those silly water-y toasts to you all. Lovely to have such dear friends.

Bettie...WHAT??? NO clawmarks??? Not likely....I'll just be VERY selective as to where they go.;)

Michael my dear one...I owe you mail but will have to play catch up when I get back. Hope you ae both well!!

Cheers all, Penny...whose next "Affair" is only mere hours away...be still my heart! And you all thought it was just a one night stand! :D

Bon Voyage, Penny..........I'm still following you. Computer died....lost your email, but hope you'll check in here again. Have a memorable continuation of "your affair."

Hi Kathy.....thanks for the message....I have no doubt it will be memorable as always. How can it miss??? You can use this email address if you wish altho I won't be on it til I return. patwell_2 at yahoo dot com.

Cheers, Penny....off to dream very sweet dreams I think...assuming I can get to sleep at all!!:rolleyes:

Hi Kathy.....thanks for the message....I have no doubt it will be memorable as always. How can it miss??? You can use this email address if you wish altho I won't be on it til I return. patwell_2 at yahoo dot com.

Cheers, Penny....off to dream very sweet dreams I think...assuming I can get to sleep at all!!:rolleyes:

Have a wonderful time Penny. We know how you feel about her. We took a 'once in a lifetime' TA on her in 2006, but we are taking our 5th TA, this time on QV in January! We had never been on a ship before 2006 & Carole Marlow was onboard. When we told her it was our first time on a ship she said "well you've started with the best". Boy was she right.

I know QV isn't as majestic as 'our' Mary, but she's still very much a Cunard & beautiful in her own way.

Even better, a winter crossing!:D:eek::D

• 1 year later...

Pat - I know that this is an old thread, but I'm happy to have discovered it. Your writing gift is very rare. Thanks for sharing it - the QM2 is breathtaking when seen through your eyes.

I'm off to read all of the "affair" installments.....:)

Penny: You have written all the words and emotions I have felt about the lady..but could not put them to paper as well as you. I also feel in love with her.....and booked a 2nd trip in November 2010. Keep writing Penny...I look forward to your next post.....

I agree, Penny has a way with words, her descriptions are superb, her prose is beyond praise, her writing grabs and involves her readers on many levels. Re-reading this made me realise, all over again, how useful and informative it is.

Some of us can’t write anything. Many others, like me, have a go at writing our thoughts and memories down. But Penny shows us how it should be done, with wit, style and deep understanding of her subject.

I am so very pleased to see this thread once more, it is a joy to read again.

Thank you

Archived