Recommendations for Short Cruise?

hawkfish

Are you close enough to drive to port, or do you have to fly in? If I had to fly, I don't think I'd do anything less than 5 days--preferably, 7! It's just not worth the hassle! If I had to fly, I'd go to Vegas--drinking and nightlife are their trademarks!

We are thinking of getting away for a long weekend. Does anyone have any recommendations for 3-5 night cruises? We are both mid-30s, like to drink, sit by the pool, and like some nightlife.

Thanks!

Faye

Depends on how much you want to spend. You've already been spoiled by a Voyager class ship, the Adventure. You could spend the money on a 4 or 5 day on the Navigator, which will begin in late November of this year.

If you want a less expensive getaway, both the Sovereign and Majesty are fun weekends. If you can get bargain airfare to LA instead of to Orlando or Miami, go for the Monarch.

Itinerary-wise, Sovereign does Nassau and private island, CoCoCay. Majesty does the same route, but adds Key West if you do the 4 day, but that's not a weekend; it's Mon - Fri. Monarch is Ensenada, Mexico and a sea day on a weekender.

Enchantment is a good choice, and Majesty is just going in for a major refit at the end of this month, so both these ships will be fitted with the latest RCCL. Also Celebrity Century was recently refitted.

All these ships are excellent and have great crew's

Happy cruising

Brian J:D

I realize now that you wrote "3-5 days" in your original post. To me, 4 or 5 days is not a long weekend.......that's a short week. :) A THREE night cruise is a long weekend - Friday to Monday. Everyone has run down the entire list of 3, 4 & 5 day cruises now.

You can see them on http://www.royalcaribbean.com. :)

My wife and I are mid 20s. Twice We've done Enchantment out of FLL on a 4-day to Key West & Cozumel... If you're flying into FLL, you've got Southwest, Jet Blue and other options, plus the port is so close to the airport... very convenient. I recommend Enchantment over Sovereign if you have 4 days and not just 3, and if you can get to FLL easily... seems to be much less hassle than MIA and also it gets you down to the caribbean and not just Bahamas. My 2¢. Have fun.

My wife and I are mid 20s. Twice We've done Enchantment out of FLL on a 4-day to Key West & Cozumel... If you're flying into FLL, you've got Southwest, Jet Blue and other options, plus the port is so close to the airport... very convenient. I recommend Enchantment over Sovereign if you have 4 days and not just 3, and if you can get to FLL easily... seems to be much less hassle than MIA and also it gets you down to the caribbean and not just Bahamas. My 2¢. Have fun.

I second that opinion. Key West is fun and Cozumel is beautiful. We've done three 4-days on Enchantment and we love her.

Archived