Are adjoining cabins noisier?

We have had connecting cabins on our last 2 cruises and yes, you can hear your neighbors. We don't mind because our neighbors are our kids, but I was thinking last week on Mariner that I would not get a connecting cabin if I was next to strangers.

I think it was just like in the HOTEL when you have ADJOINING rooms.. the walls are thinner and you HEARD THEM!

We had it as well, on the Granduer, with our kids... so, we didn't mind.. but if it was anyone else.. I wouldn't have liked it...

We've had connecting cabins twice, not by choice and yes, we could hear our neighbors. However, it wasn't a nuisance, it was just muffled voices that we tuned out by playing music or having our TV turned on low. I'm sure they could hear us too :)

On one of our cruises we took our daughters and our TA said since they were 21 and 23 get a cabin across the hall for them because a joining could be noisy. We have never had an adjoining cabin but on one of our cruises some people were complaining their neighbors smoked and they could smell it through that door, so just something to think about if you are not a smoker. Good Luck.

hmm, I guess i'm a little different here but I say no. I've had adjoining cabins on the last three crusies. They were the Promenade rooms on deck 7 and 8 on the voyager class ships. And really, once the door was shut i couldn't hear anything through it. And the other family members that were sharing the adjoining rooms snores very load, and at night i couldn't hear anything.

hey there!

we just got back yesterday from Enchantment, we had an adjoining cabin.

We could definitely hear our neighbors but it was not so bad that we would not book another adjoining cabin. we could hear their shower every morning also, at 6AM...but again, not a big deal.

Can't wait for our next cruise!!!

We had an adjoining room on Enchantment. It was a family with 2 kids. Everytime they entered their stateroom, it was NOISE and more NOISE. Parents yelling at kids, kids crying etc. Never again! The door was located close to the balcony door. I would only book another with family or others that we know.:D

Archived