Price drop, but can't reach TA

blmcdps

Jimbo,

Thanks for the advice. I'm glad you know what you are doing. I am going to go and try that idea right now. I'll let you know what happens. I was hoping my TA would respond to my e mail. One time I e mailed her and she was on a cruise herself, but she still emailed me back. I don't understand why she is not responding. I really like her.

Thanks for all of the great advice. I really appreciate it. I love this web site. I emailed my TA again today. Still have not heard back, and no one is answering the phone at the agency. I am just going to have to wait until Monday and hope it is still there. I will let you know what happens.

What kind of travel agency has no one in the office on a Saturday?

I have a similar situation.

I am going nuts too. I reached my TA but RCCL is closed and she can not do a price drop on the computer since it is past final payment. She will call them first thing tomorrow am.(she is very reliable) It is $500 price drop. I really hope it is not gone in the am. I had not checked since yesterday am because we were out of town.

Lets hope the price drop fairy is with us both.

Jean

Good luck to you as well. I am nervously waiting for one more day. Monday can not come soom enough. I would think that if Royal Carr. is closed on Sunday, that they should honour the price on Monday. It is not your fault your TA can't reach them. I'm glad your TA is trying. Still haven't heard from mine.

Good luck to you as well. I am nervously waiting for one more day. Monday can not come soom enough. I would think that if Royal Carr. is closed on Sunday, that they should honour the price on Monday. It is not your fault your TA can't reach them. I'm glad your TA is trying. Still haven't heard from mine.
RCCI is not closed on Sunday

It was late on Saturday night when I posted. TA was able to get the price drop no problem on Sunday morning. She did it from the cab on her way to the Jewel OTS. That is truly good service. Saved $520 on our promenade cabin. No price drop on our balcony

I just wanted to let everyone know how my situation worked out. My TA got back into town today and was able to get the price drop. It saved us around $1500.00 between all of our rooms. I'm so excited. I never thought this Spring break cruise would ever be discounted.

I just wanted to let everyone know how my situation worked out. My TA got back into town today and was able to get the price drop. It saved us around $1500.00 between all of our rooms. I'm so excited. I never thought this Spring break cruise would ever be discounted.

Congratulations! That's a lot of margaritas!

Exactly. And if you can't get another TA or the agency owner, call the cruise line yourself.

Unfortunately, calling the cruise line yourself will NOT work. I have run into the same thing with my TA, but they were only gone a couple of days and the price break was still there. I called RCCL to beg them to do it but they said their hands are tied as long as it belongs to the TA.

I would definitely call the office and ask another TA to take care of it for you. You never know how long the price break will be there.

I can't wait for my cruise and neither can my TA! Then, I won't be able to call him and email him for more price drops! I did remind him (very nicely) that if he was on top of this, I wouldn't have to call him all the time about it. Afterall, he's the travel agent!

Since Friday night, I have emailed him re: various price drops for our group (JS price drop, PR price drop, Mass. residency price drop, sr. discount)...to complicate matters, my email is on the blink! Not all are going out and coming in -- but I don't what I'm missing! On top of that, his voice mail (even today) said he was out and would be back on the 29th. So I just called again to get someone else there -- and they had him call me back (pleasantly persistent :D).

He was able to get the JS and sr. discount for my parents -- so they will save close to $500 pp!!! He swears we already have the lowest rates for D1 (MA) and PR, but he is re-checking all our bookings to make sure we have the lowest rates.

He knows I am cruise-obsessed and has been very pleasant because he knows I am booking again when we are on-board. We also have 9 cabins this time around, so it's not just a single booking.

While I wish he was on top of the rates, I have no problem checking all the time and bugging him about my price reductions. He has remained pleasant throughout and I am getting my price drops. He has also filed the paperwork quickly so my credit card has been credited already.

Thanks to all my friends at Cruise Critic for informing me of how to save money (and tons of other useful cruise info)!

I'm On the March 24th Navigator of the Seas out of Miami. I have been gone all day. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. We live in the state of Missouri. It is also offering a senior discount.
Jimbo, how did you know I was on that cruise. Just curious. And by the way, thanks for all of the advice you gave me. I really appreciated it.

Archived