Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Still would like to know if anyone has stayed in any of the rooms on the Riviera Deck on Emerald Princess around R731 or E737?

How was the noise level with the Lido buffet being on top? Seems like this area (the cabins in the 700's) is more towards the back so hopefully it wouldn't have much noise.

Edited by SF

I was wondering if anyone has stayed in this cabin, do you have any pictures?

Irish :cool:

I was in 7192, just a few cabins forward.

My pics are on Webshots. There are two folders for our Miracle cruise (one from my camera, on from DD's). Not a lot of pics of the cabin or balcony, but there are a few shots.

http://community.webshots.com/user/NCTribeFan

I was in 7192, just a few cabins forward.

My pics are on Webshots. There are two folders for our Miracle cruise (one from my camera, on from DD's). Not a lot of pics of the cabin or balcony, but there are a few shots.

http://community.webshots.com/user/NCTribeFan

NCTribeFan

I was wondering if you know? They say that 7202 is a regular balcony, however the plans show an extended balcony. Do you know.

Thanks again

NCTribeFan

I was wondering if you know? They say that 7202 is a regular balcony, however the plans show an extended balcony. Do you know.

Thanks again

7202 is an extended balcony- According to the NEW deck plans they are not being sold as an extended balcony.

But dont expect a huge difference in the balcony compared to a regular balcony.

I have read reviews where people paying for extended balconies thought they would be big enough for a lounge chair. (they are not)

I had hoped they be large enough but knew it wouldn't be because I did my homework here before we sailed. I never requested the cabin, just had it assigned as a PG upgrade. I just told my PVP I wanted something fairly mid-ship.

It's big enough to sit on and you at least have enough room to stretch your legs out, but that's about it.

Since they've recategorized the cabins, they simply list everything as "balcony" except the rear cabins, but you can tell by looking at the deck plans that those balconies are larger.

If you go to cruisedeckplans dot com, select the Miracle from the dropdown list, under the "cabin details by deck" section, select Verandah. A window will open that lists every cabin on that deck and gives you the approximate size, bed configuration, location of laundry rooms, etc.

Your view back may be blocked some. You can see how the "regular" balcony cabins bump back out a couple of cabins back of you, so you won't be able to look straight back along the side of the ship, like you can on some other classes. And you'll have the lifeboat beneath if you look straight down.

Still, nice cabin in a nice location on a very nice ship! Enjoy!

Anyone have any information on cabin 1331-an oceanview room on Carnival Conquest? I have read that we might experience lots of vibrations...any information?

I dont know why you read that this cabin will experince a lot of vibration it is midship- if you had a cabin past the aft elevators I would say yes-- but not where you are located.

Your cabin IS a connecting room.

if a room gets the vibrations its only when entering and leaving ports.

Help - I'm trying to find out about cabin #7339 and #7341 on the Empress Deck on the Glory. They are very near the elevators and directly across from the laundry room. Do you think it'll be noiser because of this. Or if we can move down about 5 cabins would it make much difference? It's my sister and BIL's first cruise and I want it to be a really good one for them. I searched this thread and couldn't find anything about therse 2 cabins. Thanks.

Help - I'm trying to find out about cabin #7339 and #7341 on the Empress Deck on the Glory. They are very near the elevators and directly across from the laundry room. Do you think it'll be noiser because of this. Or if we can move down about 5 cabins would it make much difference? It's my sister and BIL's first cruise and I want it to be a really good one for them. I searched this thread and couldn't find anything about therse 2 cabins. Thanks.

you shouldnt hear noise from the laundry room Being near the elevators is a good thing. (although the elevator that is easier access is the aft elevator which gets you to the food/pools quicker)

The elvators are a quiet ding you really have to be listening in order to hear it.

These two cabins both hold more then 2 people. Are you needing cabins that hold that many?

Edited by serene56

Thanks Serene. No we don't need cabins for more than 2 people. Those were the ones our Carnival PVP gave me so of course I took them! I see you're going on the Crown Princess - so are we in 4/09. Please let me know how it was!

if you only need cabins for 2-- go to the other side-- more closer to the aft elevator without going past.

Not sailing at a busy time but I'd be worried that carnival would move you out of there if they need two cabins for 4 people-- and suppose if they dont have cabins side by side-? dont let the agent tell you they dont do this- they do.

Have you considered taking two aft cabins--? for bigger balconies?

I been reading everything I could on the Crown- cant wait.

We will be doing the Crown Grill that week. Wish someone would post menus so I can see what night to do it.

I have the 3 copies of each weeks activity and although the vegas type shows are the same== most others are different.

Edited by serene56

Hi Serene - the reason we are in those cabins (7339 and 7341) is because my stepson who is traveling single will be in 7345 directly across the hall. If they want to move us do we have a choice? Hopefully they won't because like you said it's not a busy time but if they do and we still have balconies on the empress deck that could be okay even if they are not side by side. We booked an aft balcony on our Miracle cruise (12/09) for our 25th anniversary. Since it's my sister and BIL 1st cruise I'd rather be mid-ship.

Like you, I'm really excited about the Crown. I want to do the Chef's Table so badly - it sounds fantastic!

Thanks for all your help and advice!

Like you, I'm really excited about the Crown. I want to do the Chef's Table so badly - it sounds fantastic!

Thanks for all your help and advice!

when we first booked the crown-- we took C753 since we had it on the CB. Then after a few months-- saw E731 for a price difference of 80 bucks.

Serene - we had originally

We originally considered a balcony on the Baja or Aloha decks on Crown but decided on an interior on the Baja deck. I could not justify the difference in price. Since we've never been on Crown we figured we wouldn't be in the cabin that much anyway! We had always booked interior until we were upgraded on the Miracle to a balcony ....now the Glory will be a balcony and the Miracle will be our first aft balcony:D

Is the crown your first experience with Princess? I would be curious to read your reviews comparing the two when you get back off the crown.

I am finding it very hard to book a canival cruise because the Princess one was ALL that plus some.

Hey Serene - yes this will be our first experience with Princess:) Have you been on Princess before? I really, really, really want to do the Chef's Table. Understand that as soon as we board I should call and put our name in. I'm sure Princess will be more elegant than Carnival (wine to beer;)) but we've never had a bad time on Carnival. Since we get the military rate - we can't beat the price.