Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Hey Serene - yes this will be our first experience with Princess:) Have you been on Princess before? I really, really, really want to do the Chef's Table. Understand that as soon as we board I should call and put our name in. I'm sure Princess will be more elegant than Carnival (wine to beer;)) but we've never had a bad time on Carnival. Since we get the military rate - we can't beat the price.

We've done Princess twice and did the Chef's table on the Golden last year. It was one of the most amazing dining experiences ever!

This will be our first Carnival cruise and I know it won't be the same, as we're doing an ov rather than a caribe deck balcony. Just looking forward to being at sea!

Is the Chefs Table first come first serve? or do they do it another way?

I dont think I could do that as I am not a good foodie and might not be able to eat what is served.

I will do the Crown Grill one night. On our CB cruise we ate at Sterlings and Sabatinis- Both are nice at least once

We've booked three rooms on the Vista deck of the Century that are the first interior rooms aft of the elevators. Two are on one hall and run parallel to the hall instead of the usual perpendicular arrangement. We have one room laid out the same on the other hall. On the deck floor plan, there is empty white space between the elevators and these rooms. Celebrity will not tell me what these are other than "storage" - am I in for some noise issues? This deck is sandwiched between decks that have only rooms, so I am HOPING that this area is the storage area for linens, etc., but they may wash linens all night...who knows? If you do, HELP!!!

We've booked three rooms on the Vista deck of the Century that are the first interior rooms aft of the elevators. Two are on one hall and run parallel to the hall instead of the usual perpendicular arrangement. We have one room laid out the same on the other hall. On the deck floor plan, there is empty white space between the elevators and these rooms. Celebrity will not tell me what these are other than "storage" - am I in for some noise issues? This deck is sandwiched between decks that have only rooms, so I am HOPING that this area is the storage area for linens, etc., but they may wash linens all night...who knows? If you do, HELP!!!

is that same white area above and below you?

There are crew area which is marked as a white area on most ships. This is what the crew use to get from deck to deck.

You should not hear anything from that area if it is the crew stairs.

If it is a crew area, though, be aware that there can be door slamming very early, if you like to sleep in.

DD was in a cabin (Carnival Elation) that was next to a crew area and she wasn't happy with the noise that started very early as she likes to sleep in on sea days.

So, it "could" be an issue, or it could be nothing you'll even notice.

I was just wondering if anyone knew what the big amount of white space in front of my cabin #8012 was. It is on the Panorama deck of the Century. I did not request this space, I was assigned via guarantee. I'm considering moving up to balcony guarantee because the more I look at this location the more wary of it I become. Any help would be great. I tried the cruiseclues website someone else had suggested but they want me to pay to look at anything other than what I can get for free anywhere else. Not sure if it would be worth it or not. Thanks Again.

Is the crown your first experience with Princess? I would be curious to read your reviews comparing the two when you get back off the crown.

I am finding it very hard to book a canival cruise because the Princess one was ALL that plus some.

Serene,

Doesn't mean we won't sail with CCL again but, I totally agree with your experience.

I think we both ventured out from Carnival around the same on the CB.

We got a killer price for an ubstructed for the Ruby....Do you know anything about E 502 on the Ruby or sister ships?

Not having much luck with responses.

Thanks!

Mike

We got a killer price for an ubstructed for the Ruby....Do you know anything about E 502 on the Ruby or sister ships?

Not having much luck with responses.

Thanks!

Mike

I dont know nearly as much about Princess ships as I do Carnival.

I do know what cabins are highly sought after.

Have you done a google search with various sister ships name along with that cabin #

We had connecting rooms with our kids on the Legend...rooms 5244 and 5246. They were wonderful. No noise. Perfect....absolutely perfect.

My mom and I will be on the Miracle....room 6254. Hope I'm just as happy there!:)

There is an awesome combo cabin on each deck on both sides--only two on each deck where the balcony is a connecting room to an inside cabin.

example= check the deck plans--5108

Now, I am getting worried. I have read some really bad reviews about balcony 4th floor 4130,4132 etc If this was only a 7 day cruise I would not worry as bad but it is for 24 days. I am not sure we can stand the noise for 24 days. Has anyone else been in any of these cabins and noticed the noise factor?

Please reply so I can TRY to change cabins if needed.

Thanks

We are booked on Voyager of the Seas 01-25-09, our first RCCL cruise & ALSO our first balcony room. It is cabin #6626 and I have seen it referred to as a "?Hump?" cabin-a room on the rounded part of the ship. Any comment on this type of room?

We are booked on Voyager of the Seas 01-25-09, our first RCCL cruise & ALSO our first balcony room. It is cabin #6626 and I have seen it referred to as a "?Hump?" cabin-a room on the rounded part of the ship. Any comment on this type of room?

on the Voyager balcony cabins on deck 6 have a metal partition instead of plexiglas giving the balcony a closed in feeling.

We are in a Vista suite on the Sapphire princess D738. Anyone had this cabin or know about it? I realize most of Dolphin has uncoverd balcony's does this include the Visa suite as well? Thanks for any comments or information on this cabin! LPT:)

cabins on the aft are covered

I have been assigned cabin 2212 on the Splendor. I am concerned about motion at sea since it is so close to the bow. Anyone know anything about this cabin?

2212 is a 1A cabin- You are on the good side of the ship at least so you wont hear the anchor dropping.

You didnt say when you were sailing. Being low is a good thing. The lower you are the less you feel=- BUT if you hit rough waters you will feel the motion a great deal.

Did you pick the cabin or did you book as a guarantee?

Well I just booked Cabin#6084 on Deck 6 of the Majesty of the Seas for the April 27th sailing out of Miami.

My first cruise.Can't wait!!:D

Sounds like a good location to me. The higher the more convenient to me. Deck 7 though has the jogging track, so skip that deck as you did. I think you got a great location.